Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trae Young swag is off the charts. I mean the leagues D is absolute trash now, but he is a beast.
Obviously defense isn't at all what it once was, but never took Milwaukee as a bad defense. Trae Young has the time of his life with Jrue Holiday, a member of the All-Defensive Team. Honestly Ben Simmons looked better on Trae than Jrue did.

John Collins is also having himself several really good games.

My view was if Milwaukee came out, took command of Game 1, and won it, this series may be quick. If Atlanta stole game 1, like they have the previous two rounds.. look out.. They have a really good shot at making the Finals.

Guess the East is just going to send 5 seeds to the Finals now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Trae Young swag is off the charts. I mean the leagues D is absolute trash now, but he is a beast.

trae is a great shooter, don’t get me wrong…but didn’t Simmons just lock him up last series? If Simmons could make free throws trae would be sitting on a beach somewhere right now

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
trae is a great shooter, don’t get me wrong…but didn’t Simmons just lock him up last series? If Simmons could make free throws trae would be sitting on a beach somewhere right now

Hell if Simmons can make a dunk

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Rick Carlisle to the pacers. Must of been some crap behind the scenes to make Rick leave Dallas and Luka for Indiana

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rick Carlisle to the pacers. Must of been some crap behind the scenes to make Rick leave Dallas and Luka for Indiana
Reggie Miller ripped the Pacers players for how they've been acting the past two years, and that they better get their shit together with Carlisle there now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read its over some guy Mark Cuban is taking advice from and, basically, wouldnt listen to Carlisle anymore just this guy. Carlisle seemed to hate the guy. Seems thats what led to Cuban basically forcing him out

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read its over some guy Mark Cuban is taking advice from and, basically, wouldnt listen to Carlisle anymore just this guy. Carlisle seemed to hate the guy. Seems thats what led to Cuban basically forcing him out
Dang...must be bad because Carlisle has been there what seems like forever now.

I do like that signing for the Pacers, I think we'll be solidly in the playoff picture next year under his direction. From what I heard this last guy the Pacers had was a tyrant and TJ Warren didn't like him from when he was an assistant with the Suns and basically refused to play for him, basically using his injury/surgery as an excuse to get away from him. Pretty wild if true

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You know, I initially thought the same thing... but Indiana actually has a pretty solid roster.

With good coaching, they could be pretty damn good. Maybe they won't win a title, but I can see them surpassing Milwaukee and Philly in the East.

But yeah.. Walking away from a superstar player Luka and a team that has some space to work with this offseason to potentially bring in another star player is a head-scratcher.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Carlisle is one of the very best coaches in the league

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Luka forced Carlisle out in a sense.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You know, I initially thought the same thing... but Indiana actually has a pretty solid roster.

With good coaching, they could be pretty damn good. Maybe they won't win a title, but I can see them surpassing Milwaukee and Philly in the East.

But yeah.. Walking away from a superstar player Luka and a team that has some space to work with this offseason to potentially bring in another star player is a head-scratcher.
I see Indiana stuck in the 4-5 spot short of Philly breaking up. The top 3 teams in the East all have superstars and are surrounded by fellow stars to some degree. Trae Young may be entering superstardom and that gives the East 4 teams....Indy will not have a superstar.

Indy can certainly overachieve regular season wise and surpass other teams, but playoff wise, not seeing much more than 2nd round for them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see Indiana stuck in the 4-5 spot short of Philly breaking up. The top 3 teams in the East all have superstars and are surrounded by fellow stars to some degree. Trae Young may be entering superstardom and that gives the East 4 teams....Indy will not have a superstar.

Indy can certainly overachieve regular season wise and surpass other teams, but playoff wise, not seeing much more than 2nd round for them.
Indy is gonna be like that Joe Johnson/Al Horford Hawks team that goes nuts in the regular season but can't get it done in the playoffs

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Indy is gonna be like that Joe Johnson/Al Horford Hawks team that goes nuts in the regular season but can't get it done in the playoffs
Rick Carlise led teams have never really overachieved record wise either like some coaches tend to have their teams do. The East at one time was easier, but I don't feel that entirely true at this moment of time anymore.

With Dallas, his best finish was the championship year where they won 57 games, 3rd seed, tied with the Lakers, and managed to sweep them in the 2nd. The Spurs ousted themselves in the first round and Durant/Westbrook were still a year away from truly competing deep in the playoffs.

The prior best finish was the season before at 55-27, 2nd seed again, but the 50-32 Spurs ousted them in the 1st round.

Crowded Western Conference then of course.

All in all, just a limit on what to expect with Indiana, short of them making some huge move.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Speculation. But where there is smoke, theres leaving a bonified star for INDY?

etc etc etc

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rick Carlise led teams have never really overachieved record wise either like some coaches tend to have their teams do. The East at one time was easier, but I don't feel that entirely true at this moment of time anymore.

With Dallas, his best finish was the championship year where they won 57 games, 3rd seed, tied with the Lakers, and managed to sweep them in the 2nd. The Spurs ousted themselves in the first round and Durant/Westbrook were still a year away from truly competing deep in the playoffs.

The prior best finish was the season before at 55-27, 2nd seed again, but the 50-32 Spurs ousted them in the 1st round.

Crowded Western Conference then of course.

All in all, just a limit on what to expect with Indiana, short of them making some huge move.
Sure, and in fairness I think Indy has a good team in place to be a solid playoff team in the East right now. I could see them hitting close to 48-50 wins with Carlisle if it works out. Their last coach was obviously a very poor fit and the players didn't want to play for him so I think Carlisle brings them back up to their potential, which is a solid middle of the pack team imo

Status
Not open for further replies.