I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can they like.. do this to the Lakers too?

itd be neat if they did. It will be a good series. lebron and jimmy, AD and Bam...some damn good matchups if they end up meeting

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Through 3 quarters rondo and lebron have combined for 18 assists and just 1 turnover. That’s why the lakers will win the title

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shit.. thought Nuggets were gonna steal that one.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wow, if the lakers come back and take this one, that’d be an epic comeback and epic collapse. Playoff rondo has shown up in the 4th quarter

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't watch last night's game, since I figured this series would be over in 5 and didnt want to waste my time. Happy Denver won, but still don't think they stand a chance to win the series.

Without watching the game, a couple of big things stand out, as to why Denver may have won:

*Denver finally had a 3rd guy (Grant) step upto have a big game on offensive, while Jokic and Murray were also hot. If they stand any chance at coming back in this series, they need Jokic and Murray to continue to stay hot, and they sorely need someone else to also step up. Otherwise, those two alone simply won't be enough.

*The Lakers biggest advantage over every remaining team in the playoffs is their size. Absolutely shocking that Denver held them to 17 rebounds in the first 3 quarters.

*The Lakers were one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the league this year, and weren't that great from the outside either. That seemed to show this game, as they only shot 23% from 3 and 63% from the line. If you're not rebounding or hitting free throws/3's, you won't win.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch last night's game, since I figured this series would be over in 5 and didnt want to waste my time. Happy Denver won, but still don't think they stand a chance to win the series.

Without watching the game, a couple of big things stand out, as to why Denver may have won:

*Denver finally had a 3rd guy (Grant) step upto have a big game on offensive, while Jokic and Murray were also hot. If they stand any chance at coming back in this series, they need Jokic and Murray to continue to stay hot, and they sorely need someone else to also step up. Otherwise, those two alone simply won't be enough.

*The Lakers biggest advantage over every remaining team in the playoffs is their size. Absolutely shocking that Denver held them to 17 rebounds in the first 3 quarters.

*The Lakers were one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the league this year, and weren't that great from the outside either. That seemed to show this game, as they only shot 23% from 3 and 63% from the line. If you're not rebounding or hitting free throws/3's, you won't win.
Denver was a last second shot away from being up 2-1. They may not win this series, but they are making the better adjustments. Only reason the game was even semi close was because Rondo went on a 5 minute run of playoff Rondo.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Denver was a last second shot away from being up 2-1. They may not win this series, but they are making the better adjustments. Only reason the game was even semi close was because Rondo went on a 5 minute run of playoff Rondo.

Yeah, that 2nd game pissed me off haha. It pains me to know that denver could have been up 2-1.

I just can't see them playing this well offensively consistently. Especially Murray. He's shit the bed a few times already in these playoffs, so he's due for a bad game or two against LA. The Nuggets are 1-5 this post-season when Murray scores less than 20, and the only game they won was by 2 points in game 7 against Utah. He's done okay in this series, I'm just personally not confident it will last.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that 2nd game pissed me off haha. It pains me to know that denver could have been up 2-1.

I just can't see them playing this well offensively consistently. Especially Murray. He's shit the bed a few times already in these playoffs, so he's due for a bad game or two against LA. The Nuggets are 1-5 this post-season when Murray scores less than 20, and the only game they won was by 2 points in game 7 against Utah. He's done okay in this series, I'm just personally not confident it will last.
Yea, we will see. Lakers have the experience, but I am impressed with Denver. Jokic dominated last night. Murray and him are going to be a great duo for a long time. Jokic is only like 25 and Murray 23

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, we will see. Lakers have the experience, but I am impressed with Denver. Jokic dominated last night. Murray and him are going to be a great duo for a long time. Jokic is only like 25 and Murray 23

Oh for sure. Obviously they're a good team, they were the 2nd seed last year and 3rd this year. So I'm not trying to make it seem like it's a fluke. They're obviously a talented.

Matchups just don't favor them at all imo. If they had a better defensive big, or somone to slow LBJ, they'd be in a great spot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tatum with zero points in the first half tonight. He’s struggled with the 3 point shooting all series, too

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shit, Herro went off in the 4th.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Holy Tyler Herro.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clutch free throws by everyone there.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe next year Boston will get to the finals...or maybe their door is closing before they ever took advantage of it