2020 Bubble NBA Playoffs NBA FINALS EDITION LAL VS MIA

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If I had to bet, the Lakers will win the series.

I think the Clippers will beat the Lakers though. I also think Boston comes out of the East. The Heat coming out of there would be a true bubbleball moment though.

I'll go with the Celts to win it all.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I probably worded it poorly. I was saying that he loses game 1 frequently...then finds a way to win 4 games pretty quick. and that I wouldn’t be surprised if the lakers win 4-1, not saying it’s always a 4-1 finish after losing game 1.

also, that means lebron has lost game one 38% of the time. Kinda frequent for a guy that’s usually the favorite
He likes the comeback story, which makes him more of an Anti-Jordan.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He likes the comeback story, which makes him more of an Anti-Jordan.

id love to see him lose, but I doubt he will. I’ve got money on the Lakers winning it all. Clippers are the only team with a real chance to beat the lakers. And when rondo plays like he did last night, there’s no chance anyone beats the lakers

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
10 years ago Jimmy Butler was a PF who couldn’t shoot worth shit and didn’t have that good of a handle to now potentially leading an NBA team to the finals. Absolutely amazing. I’m so happy for him. Glad he’s finally proving that he hasn’t been the problem with his past teams.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
id love to see him lose, but I doubt he will. I’ve got money on the Lakers winning it all. Clippers are the only team with a real chance to beat the lakers. And when rondo plays like he did last night, there’s no chance anyone beats the lakers
I always root for LeBron to lose, but playoff Rondo is amazing. Remember the last time the Bulls were in the playoffs and we took a 2-0 on #1 Boston, pretty much because of Rondo? Then he got hurt and died, and we lost 4 straight.

I still think the Clippers beat them though, especially if Paul George stays on. Kawhi is just another world in the playoffs. But, it can go either way.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
10 years ago Jimmy Butler was a PF who couldn’t shoot worth shit and didn’t have that good of a handle to now potentially leading an NBA team to the finals. Absolutely amazing. I’m so happy for him. Glad he’s finally proving that he hasn’t been the problem with his past teams.
When was Jimmy a PF? I thought he came in as a SF.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I always root for LeBron to lose, but playoff Rondo is amazing. Remember the last time the Bulls were in the playoffs and we took a 2-0 on #1 Boston, pretty much because of Rondo? Then he got hurt and died, and we lost 4 straight.

I still think the Clippers beat them though, especially if Paul George stays on. Kawhi is just another world in the playoffs. But, it can go either way.

yep, rondo can dominate a game at times. Kinda crazy to think about that bulls trio that year...maybe wade will come out of retirement for a lakers heat finals lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
When was Jimmy a PF? I thought he came in as a SF.

I could be remembering wrong but I was pretty sure Jimmy played the 4 at Marquette. Crowder and Johnson-Odom were the wings and some guy I can't remember that was their 1

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I could be remembering wrong but I was pretty sure Jimmy played the 4 at Marquette. Crowder and Johnson-Odom were the wings and some guy I can't remember that was their 1
1599755886305.png
Roster shows Jimmy as a G.

1599755912278.png

This one a G/F.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or do both NBA and NHL teams look more tired?

The Raptors last night looked like they were dragging themselves through the game.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's because of less conditioning, less fans take energy away or if living in a bubble is mentally draining which starts physically draining people.

Just a thought.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or do both NBA and NHL teams look more tired?

The Raptors last night looked like they were dragging themselves through the game.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's because of less conditioning, less fans take energy away or if living in a bubble is mentally draining which starts physically draining people.

Just a thought.
I can't speak to the NHL because I don't watch it.

For the most part, I have not seen it in the NBA sans the teams last night, but I've seen that before in 2 OT games where players just look gassed, especially the team with more playoff time on their rosters. The Raptors are the defending champs, thus they have had a longer road than the Celtics. They're also older as a team than the Celtics.

The Bucks just looked unprepared for the bubble period. It would also seem they don't know how to play heavy minutes after taking it so easy in the regular season as Giannis would looked gassed after 7-8 minutes of play.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think tonight ends any discussion of the rockets posing any sort of threat to the lakers

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tough to pigeonhole a player from their college team.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks