2020 Bubble NBA Playoffs NBA FINALS EDITION LAL VS MIA

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can I settle your debate by simply stating who the NBA thought deserve All-NBA 1st vs All-NBA 2nd?

LeBron won.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can I settle your debate by simply stating who the NBA thought deserve All-NBA 1st vs All-NBA 2nd?

LeBron won.

no you misread the list today...Anthony Davis was on it twice

also, Zach got 1 third team vote!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LeBron won.

That isn't even a good argument haha.

Who the NBA thought? You mean sportswriters/media members? They're the ones who decide these things, and the process has always been looked at as flawed and/or biased.

Last year, would you have said Paul George was a better player than LBJ because he was All-NBA 1st team and LBJ was All-NBA 3rd team?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, he was hurt last year. Let’s not change the subject to AD...the initial statement you made was that Kawhi is better than lebron at this point in their careers. That’s just not true. Of course AD helps lebron, that’s not a debate.

Yes, he got injured mid-season last year and missed a few weeks.... But when he came back, his performance pre and post injury was almost exactly the same, until he decided to call it a season after the Lakers were obviously not going to make the post-season.

I said, in a vacuum, I think Kawhi is better currently. You said LBJ does everything just as good/better than Kawhi currently. That simply isn't true. Kawhi is a better defender than LBJ right now, he's a better shooter, and a slightly better overall scorer currently. LBJ only has passing on him and a slight edge on defense. If you think that LBJ is better because he's a better passer and slightly better rebounder, then you're free to that opinion. I personally value defense a lot, and in a shooting league, being a better shooter holds a lot of weight. A few years ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion... But Kawhi edging LBJ out now isn't that unfathomable.

You then pointed to his advanced stats. I pointed out that his advanced stats improved because the team is much better with AD, which has a direct impact on his stats, which is obvious when you look LBJ's advanced stats last year compared to this season. I also made a separate point that advanced stats don't tell the whole story, since other very average players rank high on different sorts of advanced stats.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That isn't even a good argument haha.

Who the NBA thought? You mean sportswriters/media members? They're the ones who decide these things, and the process has always been looked at as flawed and/or biased.

Last year, would you have said Paul George was a better player than LBJ because he was All-NBA 1st team and LBJ was All-NBA 3rd team?
Sigh... It wasn't meant to be.

This entire debate is subjective and mostly an opinion that both sides can throw some facts into.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sigh... It wasn't meant to be.

This entire debate is subjective and mostly an opinion that both sides can throw some facts into.

I don't disagree..

But that's also the fun part about debating sports and things in it that can go either way.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, he got injured mid-season last year and missed a few weeks.... But when he came back, his performance pre and post injury was almost exactly the same, until he decided to call it a season after the Lakers were obviously not going to make the post-season.

I said, in a vacuum, I think Kawhi is better currently. You said LBJ does everything just as good/better than Kawhi currently. That simply isn't true. Kawhi is a better defender than LBJ right now, he's a better shooter, and a slightly better overall scorer currently. LBJ only has passing on him and a slight edge on defense. If you think that LBJ is better because he's a better passer and slightly better rebounder, then you're free to that opinion. I personally value defense a lot, and in a shooting league, being a better shooter holds a lot of weight. A few years ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion... But Kawhi edging LBJ out now isn't that unfathomable.

You then pointed to his advanced stats. I pointed out that his advanced stats improved because the team is much better with AD, which has a direct impact on his stats, which is obvious when you look LBJ's advanced stats last year compared to this season. I also made a separate point that advanced stats don't tell the whole story, since other very average players rank high on different sorts of advanced stats.

You’re so focused on last year without AD. As if it’s the only year he ever played without him. Lebron is still the best player on the planet until he is dethroned as such

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You’re so focused on last year without AD. As if it’s the only year he ever played without him. Lebron is still the best player on the planet until he is dethroned as such

And how will that happen?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're killing me, Scoot.
giphy.gif

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22