2020 CCS Fantasy Football League

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I've played in a 20 team league, it's really not that fun. Honestly, 12 is the sweet spot.
God, I imagine that you would be guessing a LOT of weekend in a 20 man league.

The wire would be atrocious.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My big money league is a $175 buy in but there is a $10 loss fee and what you spend on FABB gets added to the pot, and each time you use an IR spot it is a $15 fee. But in terms of actual money to buy in I wouldn't consider it big money. $500 is getting in that territory and the $1k+ is definitely big money...I don't think I am mentally ready for that level of stress in fantasy.

For sure. And fantasy is just to random for me to ever feel comfortable putting 1k down. It would also have to be with a bunch or randos and not friends. Something cool we started doing in our $250 league is donating a portion of the winnings to charity. Last year we did UofI hospital and this year we are donating to a memorial of one of the players Mom who passed away from cancer during the season.

The other portion will be going to our draft, which is set for Vegas in 2021. Was suppose to be this year for our 10 year anny, but we punted because of Covid.

I've played in a 20 team league, it's really not that fun. Honestly, 12 is the sweet spot.

Largest I've been in was a 14 team league and that was just to much. Once byes/injuries hit, it makes it no fun.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
For sure. And fantasy is just to random for me to ever feel comfortable putting 1k down. It would also have to be with a bunch or randos and not friends. Something cool we started doing in our $250 league is donating a portion of the winnings to charity. Last year we did UofI hospital and this year we are donating to a memorial of one of the players Mom who passed away from cancer during the season.

The other portion will be going to our draft, which is set for Vegas in 2021. Was suppose to be this year for our 10 year anny, but we punted because of Covid.

Largest I've been in was a 14 team league and that was just to much. Once byes/injuries hit, it makes it no fun.

14 is difficult any more than that then it comes down to a lot more luck than skill. just think about the QB position

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I always feel more comfortable with fantasy because I tend to have really good drafts and am pretty good with trades and waivers. That said, yeah, it's real random when it comes down to performance and injury. There's always some luck involved. You can minimize it as much as you want, but your at the bay of coaches, game flow, players, etc. I've always done better in fantasy than betting on the games though. I'm pretty terrible in parlays which is why I basically stopped. I was always really good at picking the team that got upset.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I always feel more comfortable with fantasy because I tend to have really good drafts and am pretty good with trades and waivers. That said, yeah, it's real random when it comes down to performance and injury. There's always some luck involved. You can minimize it as much as you want, but your at the bay of coaches, game flow, players, etc. I've always done better in fantasy than betting on the games though. I'm pretty terrible in parlays which is why I basically stopped. I was always really good at picking the team that got upset.

haha I mean, there’s not really anyone that’s GOOD at parlays. There’s a reason parlays pay out more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
haha I mean, there’s not really anyone that’s GOOD at parlays. There’s a reason parlays pay out more.
My dad does helluva job on them. It's pretty crazy.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks