Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Random question for everyone, because I am sure that it varies, but what defines a big money league?

I imagine that it ranges for most people between 100 - 500 bucks, but just curios what others think. I do not play in any big money leagues because I am a newb and play for fun in friends and family leagues mainly, other than playing for a little lunch money with you guys.

At least $1,000 imo. My normal home league is $50. Nothing too big, but my buddy and I that basically run it have been wanting to increase it to $100 for quite a few years now. Reason we usually don't is because some of the players are pretty casual.

I've been in $1,000 leagues and $2,500 leagues and those get real intense. You don't know anger until you're one win away from going to the championship and clinching a payout, watching the other team score 75 points, then watching Derek Carr & Amari Cooper fucking bomb so you score 69 when you had the highest scoring team all season long. Then watching the next week seeing you would've cruised to a $20k payout.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd try to change the subject from my crappy fantasy showing in CCS too.
I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about big money leagues - hence the subject had changed.

Kamara won me booko b0nks boyo

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@knoxville7 congrats. I'm bitter af that the most important week of the year my team busted hard and a couple untimely injuries. Fantasy can be a real bitch sometimes

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7 congrats. I'm bitter af that the most important week of the year my team busted hard and a couple untimely injuries. Fantasy can be a real bitch sometimes

Thankyou sir. I shall be a humble victor. Neither of our teams really showed up for the championship game. Still somewhat shocked my team overcame the Kamara rout.

91117593-7C4D-4DF9-B6EF-3815F2BB4FDD.jpeg

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I will not be a humble victor.... @Novak your peon team barely cracked 65 points, you could have literally doubled your score and still loss. I was so confident in my team that I could start Trubisky knowing his potential for a bad game wouldn't have mattered. I took your bootstrap and went AP on you.

@zack54attack I expect CCS will create an award to display under my user name, one for winning the ESPN league and another for the overall champ.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At least $1,000 imo. My normal home league is $50. Nothing too big, but my buddy and I that basically run it have been wanting to increase it to $100 for quite a few years now. Reason we usually don't is because some of the players are pretty casual.

I've been in $1,000 leagues and $2,500 leagues and those get real intense. You don't know anger until you're one win away from going to the championship and clinching a payout, watching the other team score 75 points, then watching Derek Carr & Amari Cooper fucking bomb so you score 69 when you had the highest scoring team all season long. Then watching the next week seeing you would've cruised to a $20k payout.

My big money league is a $175 buy in but there is a $10 loss fee and what you spend on FABB gets added to the pot, and each time you use an IR spot it is a $15 fee. But in terms of actual money to buy in I wouldn't consider it big money. $500 is getting in that territory and the $1k+ is definitely big money...I don't think I am mentally ready for that level of stress in fantasy.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I will not be a humble victor.... @Novak your peon team barely cracked 65 points, you could have literally doubled your score and still loss. I was so confident in my team that I could start Trubisky knowing his potential for a bad game wouldn't have mattered. I took your bootstrap and went AP on you.

@zack54attack I expect CCS will create an award to display under my user name, one for winning the ESPN league and another for the overall champ.

An overall one, sure.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'll get Yahoo payouts done and Overall winner gift sometime today. Congrats to the winners!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My big money league is a $175 buy in but there is a $10 loss fee and what you spend on FABB gets added to the pot, and each time you use an IR spot it is a $15 fee. But in terms of actual money to buy in I wouldn't consider it big money. $500 is getting in that territory and the $1k+ is definitely big money...I don't think I am mentally ready for that level of stress in fantasy.

The stress level certainly goes up. I've played in 3 of those, and I lose in the most excruciating ways. I had one year where I lost my QB for the season for 4 straight weeks, including in the first quarter of the first round of the playoffs where I ended up losing by like 8 (had the highest scoring team again). After that, I can't get back in because of Pence and the stupid Indiana GOP and their fight against fantasy a couple years ago that made places like Masters and Apex remove Indiana residents from registering.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

overall champ?! You ain’t defeated the kitten mittens!

ill take a cute lil moniker for winning the yahoo league. I don’t care!

:bro:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
overall champ?! You ain’t defeated the kitten mittens!

ill take a cute lil moniker for winning the yahoo league. I don’t care!

:bro:

Your puny 113 points to my masterful 132 points says otherwise

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Your puny 113 points to my masterful 132 points says otherwise

I played my opponent. Not you! If your puny team had been in our league you wouldn’t of made it to the title game ?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I played my opponent. Not you! If your puny team had been in our league you wouldn’t of made it to the title game ?

Probably not I barely squeaked in as the 4 seed and strung together 2 good games

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Probably not I barely squeaked in as the 4 seed and strung together 2 good games

this is why we just need to go to the 20 team CCS dynasty league! Let it get settled on the “field.”

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lucky for you, i threw the game so that we could split that sweet sweet gift card.

What are we getting?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lucky for you, i threw the game so that we could split that sweet sweet gift card.

What are we getting?

I suggest you take your winnings and buy some new bootstraps.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
this is why we just need to go to the 20 team CCS dynasty league! Let it get settled on the “field.”

I've played in a 20 team league, it's really not that fun. Honestly, 12 is the sweet spot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I've played in a 20 team league, it's really not that fun. Honestly, 12 is the sweet spot.

I played in a 20 team fantasy baseball league(nerd, I know) and that was really good. But baseball is different than football