2020 CCS Fantasy Football League

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Stephen_Roto @zack54attack
Just to be clear - we are going through with Yahoo and ESPN being combined scoring at the end (for a prize) even though we're obviously (for whatever reason) continuing with zero IR spots on one but 2 IR spots on the other? Because a platform with 2 IR spots is going to, on average, out perform a league that doesn't, so.... You might as well just exclude the ESPN league..

I don't care about my own lunch money tbh, but this is kinda silly, don't ya think?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear - we are going through with Yahoo and ESPN being combined scoring at the end (for a prize) even though we're obviously (for whatever reason) continuing with zero IR spots on one but 2 IR spots on the other? Because a platform with 2 IR spots is going to, on average, out perform a league that doesn't, so.... You might as well just exclude the ESPN league..

I don't care about my own lunch money tbh, but this is kinda silly, don't ya think?
I agree that it is rather silly.

I mean it is just lunch money, but nobody appreciates it being stolen.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

At the very least, the combined prize should be weighted to reflect the espn league going through a pandemic with zero IR spots while the yahoo league gets the handicapped advantage of 2 IR spots.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Two options:
- It will have to be Manual IR. You can still have McCaffrey. No one will be able to pick him up. He just wont be on your roster. And @Stephen_Roto will have to manually add him and drop the player you want.

- I remove the 2 IR spots on Yahoo.

Last edited:

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way this all gets resolved is if I reset the draft, re-add everyone to their respective rosters and then re-build the matchups from the first three weeks.

Reminder for everyone here too, the money that you paid in, stays within the league. The only thing being played for between the two leagues is the Fanatics gift card that @zack54attack is throwing in.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Two options:
- It will have to be Manual IR. You can still have McCaffrey. No one will be able to pick him up. He just wont be on your roster. And @Stephen_Roto will have to manually add him and drop the player you want.

- I remove the 2 IR spots on Yahoo.
The only way this all gets resolved is if I reset the draft, re-add everyone to their respective rosters and then re-build the matchups from the first three weeks.

Reminder for everyone here too, the money that you paid in, stays within the league. The only thing being played for between the two leagues is the Fanatics gift card that @zack54attack is throwing in.
I didn't realize it would require all that lmao - I'll just root for the ESPN league winner to rise above the odds and beat the newb league

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd like to send congrats to @Novak at being the last team to get a victory on the board in the far more competitive ESPN league.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd like to send congrats to @Novak at being the last team to get a victory on the board in the far more competitive ESPN league.
There are now FIVE 1-2 teams and I am LITERALLY ranked the highest.

Thanks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
There are now FIVE 1-2 teams and I am LITERALLY ranked the highest.

Thanks

I just want to point out that I'm currently ranked the highest out of all 12 teams, and my #1 and #3 pick have combined for 3 points in my lineups.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Zacks points against kills me. He is averaging 155 pts against him lol

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just want to point out that I'm currently ranked the highest out of all 12 teams, and my #1 and #3 pick have combined for 3 points in my lineups.
Every once in a while a blind squirrel will find a lunch money nut.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers