2020 Fantasy Football Must Haves

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just disagreement on a few players. I'm not big on Henry and Evans, for instance, and I like CEH and Green where they're going. That said, we have pretty much an identical process.
RE: Henry - Originally I wasn't a fan of Henry because I'm in more PPR leagues, then started digging into the numbers. As a non pass catching RB he was the 5th best PPR runningback in 2019. If you look non-PPR he was the #2 RB. With him getting that contract I see him being a very high floor option that's consistent. I also think with all the RBBC earlier in his career he's got fairly fresh legs.

RE: Evans - IMHO he's the closest things Brady has had to a Moss type receiver since... Moss. Goodwin is great, but runs a lot out of the slot and with them using 2 TE along with slot WR Miller looking good in training camp I'm thinking Evans has a chance to be the big play threat. He's now nursing a hammy injury, so that might all be lost.

RE: CEH - Based on yesterday, I'm wrong, but I just don't see an Andy Reid offense go all in on a rookie RB. He never did that with Westbrook or McCoy. I'd add they won a Superbowl going RBBC, so it's not like they need to change that logic.

RE: Green - He's produced when he's gotten 140+ targets a year. The issue is that workload has been causing him to break down and now he's on the wrong side of 30. Adding to that rookie QBs just don't do much for their WRs. I mean I like Burrows, but he's hardly Peyton Manning, who in his rookie year had a 26 year old Marvin Harrison on his team and had his worst fantasy season until he was 35 years old (59 catches, 776 yards 7 TDs). It's one example, but rookie QBs rarely help vet WRs have good fantasy seasons. They are working with their own learning curve.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
With Henry, it's more the Titans. They do this thing where they forget they have him until November. If they aren't as efficient as last year, henry being drafted that high is a no go for me.

What I don't like about Evans is his floor is incredibly low, and he hits it very often. Not sure you can compare 43 year old Brady to what he did with Moss. I prefer the godwin slot play there. I'm uncertain on the amount of volume in TB in general without Winston tos, and I think both guys suffer, but I think Evans probably suffers more. He'll still have his games for sure, but he has too many below 10 point games for me to draft that high.

I agree with green, but 7th/8th round with his potential, I'm willing to take the risk is all.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Henry, it's more the Titans. They do this thing where they forget they have him until November. If they aren't as efficient as last year, henry being drafted that high is a no go for me.

What I don't like about Evans is his floor is incredibly low, and he hits it very often. Not sure you can compare 43 year old Brady to what he did with Moss. I prefer the godwin slot play there. I'm uncertain on the amount of volume in TB in general without Winston tos, and I think both guys suffer, but I think Evans probably suffers more. He'll still have his games for sure, but he has too many below 10 point games for me to draft that high.

I agree with green, but 7th/8th round with his potential, I'm willing to take the risk is all.
I'll be honest, I stayed clear of all TB players this year. I did draft Ronald Jones as an RB4 in a league which obviously turned out poorly with the Fournette trade lol. I think if I owned anyone on that team I would want it to be Godwin. Brady just doesn't have the deep ball threat I don't think to sustain Godwin and Evans. Brady's whole game is to get the ball out early which favors Godwin.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'll be honest, I stayed clear of all TB players this year. I did draft Ronald Jones as an RB4 in a league which obviously turned out poorly with the Fournette trade lol. I think if I owned anyone on that team I would want it to be Godwin. Brady just doesn't have the deep ball threat I don't think to sustain Godwin and Evans. Brady's whole game is to get the ball out early which favors Godwin.

I have Godwin, but I didn't really want him. I feel the same as you, don't really want any TB player, but if anyone is tailored to TB12's current game, it's Godwin. I almost drafted Jones, but someone grabbed him and the Fournette signing happened a few days later, so dodged a bullet there.