2020 NBA Draft Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Praying he develops massive bball IQ, passing skills, toughness and becomes Draymond Green, with a shot to keep you at least honest.

But honestly...Horford and Green have extrodanairy athleticism and floppy bodies. At least before the miles. They can fight inside at 6'8" because they are flexible....this dude is a stiff, vertical leaper who is afraid to move too fast or leap horizontally.

David Robinson was like that. Very very strong. Patrick Williams is very strong. He will be that guy you can't move in the paint, but that era is gone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AND ANOTHER FUCKING GODDAMN THING...

IS WE GET A NEW PRESIDENT. WE GET A NEW GM. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CHANGE,

WHY THE FUCKING HELL IS OUR GODDAMN "PROMISE" COMING OUT BEFORE THE DRAFT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the twilight zone? How does the Bulls pick get leaked every single year? Is it the fucking fishing buddy? Who the fuck doesn't Reinny pay enough? Somebody sells us out or has a tap or the Bulls are fucking dumb. I can't figure it out.

What do you have to gain making a promise before your pick? What does that accomplish besides killing any draft movement?!

I guess I'm just really over the wall about it because I thought thats the type of shit we were getting rid of with GarPax out? No?

What am I missing? Who the fuck is in the meetings that is blabbing this information and why are we telling the players?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THE MYSTERY IS YOUR FUCKING LEVERAGE!!!!

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!!

Why would you tell a player you will draft them, when you want 10 teams behind you sweating the fact you might take their guy?

THE BULLS ARE FUCKING STILL RETARDS!! WHY???!!!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The idea is, if you develop players with high ceilings that are not starter-ready, the team finishes the next season with another good draft pick and you can piece things together with a real world, non-video game strategy. This method works if the pick pans out. I have no fucking clue if PW is going to live up to this potential or not. Year 3 player + year 2 player + Rookie NBA ready pick all put on a show. It's smart, but impossible for that first guy to blossom right when you need him to.

If that is the way you want to build, I support it over trying to hit home runs to start off, then dump your big guy for the next big guy, essentially reshuffling over and over and over, with only LUCK determining whether you get out of a hole.

Bulls fans are among the most impatient in the NBA for lottery picks. AK is going to learn that Chicago is not like Denver soon with this pick. That IMO is the #1 problem here, no matter how much people are warned that some players are 2-3 year projects taken for projected potential, they will base a young players game off of a 1 week span. Then if you call them impatient, they wait 2 months and say the same. Yes, that pisses players off and makes them skip town just as much as any bad GM. When the bar is set impossibly high to get love from your hometown fans, it's very defeating. Not to mention, the player doesn't determine where they get picked, it's their job to go as high as possible, but expectations are on the GM/VP for reaches. But many impatient fan bases will judge the player 60:40 to the GM, or worse in some cases. Makes no sense.

So my projection is *if healthy* Patrick Williams is either going to full out bust getting sucked back and fourth between D-League and wind up selling flowers at games in China, or he'll show a strong 3rd year for his role and make it into some ASW events, over-value himself in his 4th season, then leave, not traded.

*Done calling it G-League. Next sponsor, it will be P-League for powerade, or 3B-League for Big Ballers Brand, after daddy Ball taints his kid's careers again and his boys will need to buy another league to play in.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Is he the next Luka Doncic type franchise changer?
Lol what?

Luka is borderline generational, PW is not that.

Guys, this draft was the drizzling shits. The chances this draft fills benches on the sidelines is alot better then filling starting line ups.

Ppl complain about the Bulls lack of defense then complain when the bulls get a defensive player who can develop on both ends

No win/ no win

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Starting 5 of sato/white, Lavine, Williams, lauri, and WCJ with Williams guarding the other teams best wing player could be solid with a year of billy d coaching and some good health for a change

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Starting 5 of sato/white, Lavine, Williams, lauri, and WCJ with Williams guarding the other teams best wing player could be solid with a year of billy d coaching and some good health for a change
:office:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The idea is, if you develop players with high ceilings that are not starter-ready, the team finishes the next season with another good draft pick and you can piece things together with a real world, non-video game strategy. This method works if the pick pans out. I have no fucking clue if PW is going to live up to this potential or not. Year 3 player + year 2 player + Rookie NBA ready pick all put on a show. It's smart, but impossible for that first guy to blossom right when you need him to.

If that is the way you want to build, I support it over trying to hit home runs to start off, then dump your big guy for the next big guy, essentially reshuffling over and over and over, with only LUCK determining whether you get out of a hole.

Bulls fans are among the most impatient in the NBA for lottery picks. AK is going to learn that Chicago is not like Denver soon with this pick. That IMO is the #1 problem here, no matter how much people are warned that some players are 2-3 year projects taken for projected potential, they will base a young players game off of a 1 week span. Then if you call them impatient, they wait 2 months and say the same. Yes, that pisses players off and makes them skip town just as much as any bad GM. When the bar is set impossibly high to get love from your hometown fans, it's very defeating. Not to mention, the player doesn't determine where they get picked, it's their job to go as high as possible, but expectations are on the GM/VP for reaches. But many impatient fan bases will judge the player 60:40 to the GM, or worse in some cases. Makes no sense.

So my projection is *if healthy* Patrick Williams is either going to full out bust getting sucked back and fourth between D-League and wind up selling flowers at games in China, or he'll show a strong 3rd year for his role and make it into some ASW events, over-value himself in his 4th season, then leave, not traded.

*Done calling it G-League. Next sponsor, it will be P-League for powerade, or 3B-League for Big Ballers Brand, after daddy Ball taints his kid's careers again and his boys will need to buy another league to play in.
You should just draft the best basketball player then and pay off your head doctor to make up some patella bullshit around his meniscus, and sit them for a year.

Otherwise you get into the development projection business and do something really stupid like draft Patrick Williams expecting he can change his athleticism and be something he isn't going to be in his man frame.

Thinking you could ever win the projected development game is probably where the ego brings these guys down. Thinking way to hard here. Just take fucking Toppin and sit him for a year. Or take Hayes and develop a PG that can already shoot.

Fuck the PG from Oregon taken much later...Prichard or whatever his name is...that dude is a way better athlete and will develop more than Williams.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude just had a mental breakdown. Hes probably getting treatment in the psych ward right now.
I had 4 police officers in my living room asking if I needed a 1099 hold or something. lol.
I obviously needed whatever they were suggesting but as a psych graduate know what to tell them, maybe more importantly, not to tell them.

But yeah it was a close call.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with BaBaBlack,

I don't think its actually going to be ok. I think we are fucked for a bit.
It'll turn around in 2-8 years one way or another. Probably enough factors always made that true and a realistic way to look at things. Things would have to align to make it 2, things would have to drag on behind a black cat for a drought to extend much longer than that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You should just draft the best basketball player then and pay off your head doctor to make up some patella bullshit around his meniscus, and sit them for a year.

Otherwise you get into the development projection business and do something really stupid like draft Patrick Williams expecting he can change his athleticism and be something he isn't going to be in his man frame.

Thinking you could ever win the projected development game is probably where the ego brings these guys down. Thinking way to hard here. Just take fucking Toppin and sit him for a year. Or take Hayes and develop a PG that can already shoot.

Fuck the PG from Oregon taken much later...Prichard or whatever his name is...that dude is a way better athlete and will develop more than Williams.

It's the same risk no matter what. The hype-train seems to cloud a lot of judgment. A lot of players get this blue chip status in the social media era, and wind up busting. It all means nothing. Chemistry, development, players that want to play in certain cities with certain players, those are the things that matter, not Chad Ford scouting types and what he thinks about who drafted what and where a player should go.