2020 NBA Draft Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Raskolnikov can you ask this turd if he knows that Michael Porter and Otto Porter are two different people?

I just assume Ai is a character and parody of most of us here on CCS. I kinda dig it when I'm not the one falling into the Remy like vortex. This conversation and repeated insistence of ignorance has to be gas-lighting right?

We both pointed out the point of confusion. Not else we can do.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
One of these 6 needs to be the Bulls pick -

- Anthony Edwards
- James Wiseman
- Lamelo Ball
- Deni A
- Onyeka
- Devin Vassell

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think it's one of Edwards, Ball, Wiseman or Deni (no particular order).

Smythe

Liked Posts:
any chance of us going after Herro to compliment our young outfit and maybe throwing big "bucks" at giannis ?? didnt he just unsubscribe from following all his teammates and coaching staff at the bucks. would be huge and something to build around. imagine giannis, markinnen, herro, lavine, white and co running around together next season. :unsure:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
any chance of us going after Herro to compliment our young outfit and maybe throwing big "bucks" at giannis ?? didnt he just unsubscribe from following all his teammates and coaching staff at the bucks. would be huge and something to build around. imagine giannis, markinnen, herro, lavine, white and co running around together next season. :unsure:
You'd have to trade for Herro, because I'm not seeing him on the 2021 FA list. So it's all about who Miami would want back. I'm an admitted Lauri skeptic, so sure, send his ass packing.

As for Giannis, the Bulls should absolutely be sending money his way. I would also put some thought into Josh Richardson, who I believe is on a players option.

Smythe

Liked Posts:
of course you would have to trade for herro. we have a glut of youngsters and good draft hand. gotta try to land giannis though, could build a great team around him, and we cannot say we dont have the cash to go for him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I think giannis needs a true big man to play with. Not a soft Lopez brother or lauri. Obviously, yes you throw the max amount of money at Giannis. If the bulls were lucky enough to have wiseman fall to them and they can sign Giannis. Trade lauri, I doubt Miami has any interest in trading herro though. But if you could have a starting 5 of wiseman Giannis lavine white and whatever wing you can get for lauri, that’s probably a really good team. Might need to trade carter then as well. but it’s all pie in the sky dreaming for now

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
One of these 6 needs to be the Bulls pick -

- Anthony Edwards
- James Wiseman
- Lamelo Ball
- Deni A
- Onyeka
- Devin Vassell

I'd like to get both Wiseman and Deni A.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to get both Wiseman and Deni A.
Haha. Certainly they address need.

Let's consider realistically, if Wiseman falls, you gladly move Carter Jr., who is not a true center to such an extent he was a clear PF at Duke. We don't have a dominant pure center and they are hard to find, take Wiseman if given the chance, you have Porter Jr at small forward short term, and Deny needs development in lots of phases for American game.

If you don't get Wiseman, I like Deny well enough and maybe he not only surpasses OPJ soon but helps us forget or move Lauri if his 3-point shot turns out as good as it looks.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Haha. Certainly they address need.

Let's consider realistically, if Wiseman falls, you gladly move Carter Jr., who is not a true center to such an extent he was a clear PF at Duke. We don't have a dominant pure center and they are hard to find, take Wiseman if given the chance, you have Porter Jr at small forward short term, and Deny needs development in lots of phases for American game.

If you don't get Wiseman, I like Deny well enough and maybe he not only surpasses OPJ soon but helps us forget or move Lauri if his 3-point shot turns out as good as it looks.

Could Bulls move a Carter/Lauri package to get one of the other top 4 picks in this draft?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could Bulls move a Carter/Lauri package to get one of the other top 4 picks in this draft?
I only see 1 player I personally like more than Lauri to build a winner. Lauri is alot bigger than Deni, which is why I classify Deni as SF, but they could both be stretch 4's I guess.

Donovan is smart enough to actually use Lauri's strengths and hide his weaknesses. I'd put more stock in us having had bad coaching than Lauri not being a fit for a team in this league.

We should probably draft the best player we can get, no trades, and let Donovan play with our current assets before we really rate them and give up, imo.

I'm sorta expecting Donovan will build seperate offensive and defensive systems based on the skills and atributes of the players we have, rather than fill all their heads with percentages, and force them into boxed ideologies of positions and player types.

The Bulls don't have a floor general point guard, can't run well, shoot well, nor do they hold themselves accountable for bad shots.

I think Donovan doubles (or close to it) our win total all by himself, but thats not enough to win a championship.

I'm just going to calm down and keep an open mind. Let it play out another 3 years before I get emotional or invested into what they are doing.

Right now Lauri hates us and wants out. So we have to fix that or trade him for a Deni to reset the clock on that asset.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So who's it going to be: Killian Hayes or Deni Avdija?