***2020 NFL Draft Day 2 IGT***

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Expect to win a lot of 3-0 games, are you?

You could have Gale Sayers and Walter Payton in the backfield, Jerry Rice as your WR1 and Ditka as your TE, and unless this O-line plays substantially better than last year, they won't score any more, gain any more yards, or do *any* better than last year. Because the offense lives and dies by the O-line. And it seems obvious this coaching staff doesn't understand that rather basic fact.

The only thing that's really been done with the O-line is they brought in someone as a new *backup* to one of the guys who, while he didn't play very well last year, is still better than the guy they brought in. No help. Two or three guys on this O-line need to be completely replaced with new players, guys who play *better* than the guys who have been playing those positions. That's the only way the offense will improve.

I guarantee you, Nick Foles don't throw any better on his back, with three guys on top of him, than Mitch Trubisky does...

-Doug

OK boomer

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Denver's starting to build an interesting offense

Locke will look good under Shurmur. If the OL plays well, they could be explosive

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Expect to win a lot of 3-0 games, are you?

You could have Gale Sayers and Walter Payton in the backfield, Jerry Rice as your WR1 and Ditka as your TE, and unless this O-line plays substantially better than last year, they won't score any more, gain any more yards, or do *any* better than last year. Because the offense lives and dies by the O-line. And it seems obvious this coaching staff doesn't understand that rather basic fact.

The only thing that's really been done with the O-line is they brought in someone as a new *backup* to one of the guys who, while he didn't play very well last year, is still better than the guy they brought in. No help. Two or three guys on this O-line need to be completely replaced with new players, guys who play *better* than the guys who have been playing those positions. That's the only way the offense will improve.

I guarantee you, Nick Foles don't throw any better on his back, with three guys on top of him, than Mitch Trubisky does...

-Doug

as much as i'd like to have seen an oline pick the coaching staff knows what the cause of the 2019 season regression was. looking back on 2019 you could see more often than not that the problem was with scheming and execution over talent regression. Just watch bears bar room film study and you can see how bad the scheming and execution truly was. The other point here is castillo will have given feedback to nagy/pace on his needs if any. Pace is not like Angelo who constantly neglected oline and instead found journeymen and said they need time to gel.

Qbart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So much for building the lines, maybe we can win games 9 - 6

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Locke will look good under Shurmur. If the OL plays well, they could be explosive
Yes. With Fangio taking care of the D they're my favorites in AFC W. With KC of course, but really close.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
holy duck! Belichick is going to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. He is going to smash the league. I can’t believe his draft. Wow. Just wow. Uche on one side. This guy on the other. A roaming blitzing safety? Belichick is Vader

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So much for building the lines, maybe we can win games 9 - 6
Yes, because when we limited GB to 10 points we still lost the game...remember? No running game, nickel D and the 2 smiths' having fun with our OL? Damn...