***2020 NFL Draft Day 2 IGT***

Qbart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, because when we limited GB to 10 points we still lost the game...remember? No running game, nickel D and the 2 smiths' having fun with our OL? Damn...
Yes I do, I foolishly lost money on that game!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Hey! The Patriots just took a TE. What are the odds they wanted Kmet? They could have traded in and got him. Maybe Pace made a better pick than we know.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
At least Pace didn't draft two edge rushers who will end up on the practice squad. But with as deep a tight end draft as this is, and with as bad of an O-line as we've had, it's just criminal to add literally a tenth TE onto the roster with the first draft pick you have. And to be playing I-hope-they-can games with your current O-line.

I actually blame a lot of the O-line issues on Long, so maybe now it will improve. A couple of years ago, at the end of the Fox era, I read an interview with Long, with his pet, Rob Massie, standing there and nodding at whatever Kyle said. And what Kyle was saying was that at the NFL level, you can't need coaching. If you need coaching, you're not capable of playing at this level. Therefore, all coaches are idiots to be ignored.

Long seemed to insists that he knew better and no one should even be trying to coach him. And Massie was standing there, nodding. Agreeing. And if the O-line was believing Long and not the coaching staff, then of course they were gonna fall apart when he left. They were really getting coached, it was just Long doing it, and making it seem to them that it wasn't really coaching.

Maybe now that Long is gone, the O-line will actually accept coaching...? If that's the case, maybe things will improve. We can only play I-hope games, there is now no way we're gonna improve the line via the draft. Sigh.

-Doug
Did you actually just say this was a deep TE draft?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Denver's starting to build an interesting offense

Yeah a lot Bears fans were hating on Fangio but that team is coming together nicely. All depends on the QB though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Expect to win a lot of 3-0 games, are you?

You could have Gale Sayers and Walter Payton in the backfield, Jerry Rice as your WR1 and Ditka as your TE, and unless this O-line plays substantially better than last year, they won't score any more, gain any more yards, or do *any* better than last year. Because the offense lives and dies by the O-line. And it seems obvious this coaching staff doesn't understand that rather basic fact.

The only thing that's really been done with the O-line is they brought in someone as a new *backup* to one of the guys who, while he didn't play very well last year, is still better than the guy they brought in. No help. Two or three guys on this O-line need to be completely replaced with new players, guys who play *better* than the guys who have been playing those positions. That's the only way the offense will improve.

I guarantee you, Nick Foles don't throw any better on his back, with three guys on top of him, than Mitch Trubisky does...

-Doug
I share your concern about the OL, and would have liked to see a 2nd round pick used there. But I don't see how a team with a D that can be arguably as good as any in the NFL will lose 12 games. The offense won't be worse.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I share your concern about the OL, and would have liked to see a 2nd round pick used there. But I don't see how a team with a D that can be arguably as good as any in the NFL will lose 12 games. The offense won't be worse.
That was the guy who dropped an N bomb so you may not get a reply...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's always been my observation that more undrafted free agents actually play in the NFL than 6th and 7th round draft picks. Certainly they are similarly successful. I think it's because, by the time you've skimmed the best 100 or so people off the top, the rest are pretty much at the same level of talent, mostly destined to never make an active NFL roster, to be on someone's practice squad for a year or two at best, maybe if very lucky be a healthy 4th-string scratch off an active roster every week. At the absolute best, you find people who might be developed over 2 or 3 years of patient work. Getting only two people who are definitely going to be able to help the team this year counts for me as a failed draft. Which is why I think Pace is showing himself to be incapable of handling standard draft up-trades to get into the 3rd round, so he could at least address the O-line with ONE guy who could have an impact this year.

-Doug

They used the #1 to get Mack, the #3 to get Miller and the #4 to get Foles. That's not failure. It was lean on oicks because of those pickups, and I am not saying I love everything about them, but if they drafted Nick Foles in Round 4 it would be considered a great pick. (Even accounting for the fact he'll only be around a short time)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah a lot Bears fans were hating on Fangio but that team is coming together nicely. All depends on the QB though.
You think so? I think most here were happy for him, but were just giving him the typical shit that fans do.