***2020 NFL Draft Day 2 IGT***

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn, biadasz is still there.

Would love if either biadasz or muti fell to us in the 5th.
All in for a decent RG. Any of the afore mentioned, although "badass" can also play C, right?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don’t know much about Johnson, from what I’ve seen Diggs was rated higher than him.

how do all the guys on here know how good he is? I’m not saying he isn’t but it’s hard to tell from highlight videos. The INTs that I’ve seen,a lot of them were easy picks with qb pressure and horrible throws.

fromwhat little I’ve seen Diggs looks better to me!

Well, Pagano is one of the best DB coaches in the league.

If he likes him more than diggs thats enough for me.

He fits our scheme very well. Plays very similar to prince.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don’t know much about Johnson, from what I’ve seen Diggs was rated higher than him.

how do all the guys on here know how good he is? I’m not saying he isn’t but it’s hard to tell from highlight videos. The INTs that I’ve seen,a lot of them were easy picks with qb pressure and horrible throws.

The guy gets quite a bit of pass breakups and I read somewhere that QBs have a 54 rating throwing against him.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I do like Kmet though, his blocking ability reminds me of kittle. I prefer tight ends who do both and not just a receiver.

it’s easier to disguise plays when they do both. It’s why I don’t get why Nagy doesn’t use Monty in passing game more. It hurts when you switch players and the other team knows there’s a 90% chance what type of play it’s going to be.

we will see, it just doesn’t feel like this offense is going to be any better this year, maybe move up one or two spots to 26th 27th in the league.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Easy to look better when your DL and rest of the roster is stacked with much better players.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Easy to look better when your DL and rest of the roster is stacked with much better players.

Good thing for Johnson that will be the case for him here.

Dunno if anyone heard his interview on espn 1000 but he seemed like he has his head on straight. Smart kid, his entire family is full of athletes, hyped to play next to fuller/eddie.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I liked both picks. 2 High floor guys who should be contributors at worst.

Much better than picking dudes like Shaheen (who have disastrously low floors) for a bit of upside.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do like Kmet though, his blocking ability reminds me of kittle. I prefer tight ends who do both and not just a receiver.

it’s easier to disguise plays when they do both. It’s why I don’t get why Nagy doesn’t use Monty in passing game more. It hurts when you switch players and the other team knows there’s a 90% chance what type of play it’s going to be.

we will see, it just doesn’t feel like this offense is going to be any better this year, maybe move up one or two spots to 26th 27th in the league.

He has the size to get better but not good blocker. So more projection at this point. Still has the size and willings to get better at it but Kittle was further along as a blocker at this point.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I must admit, I do like how Pace has resisted the urge to trade away future picks and has selected players from solid programs who both have high floors and will contribute early. Safe picks, I guess is a better way to say it. I’m happy with both picks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Not Bears related, but I keep seeing Eagles fans complain about drafting Jalen Hurts. They have a QB, who while they paid good money to, who was unable to finish out 2 of of the last 3 seasons due to injury. Plus, even as a backup, they can use Hurts like the Saints have used Taysom Hill. Give him a few plays and keep him involved in your playbook. And if not, you have a backup who in the very least offers some sort of offense with his feet...which is more offense ability than most backup QBs around the league.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bob McGinn

1. COLE KMET, Notre Dame (6-5 ½, 262, 4.68, 1-2): Kmet reminded one scout of ex-Cowboy Jason Witten (6-5 ½, 260, 4.67). “If you want an all-around guy, kind of a Kyle Rudolph-type guy, he’s it,” said another scout. “He’s faster than Kyle, but he doesn’t have the ball skills. He’s had some durability issues. He’s got great intangibles. He can run. He can catch. He doesn’t have an elite trait but you really love the body type and everything about him.” Third-year junior with 60 catches (43 in 2019) for 691 (11.5) and six TDs. “He’s not a talent like Vernon Davis or Evan Engram,” a third scout said. “He’s more of a throwback, classic Y tight end. He’s solid. He won’t fail.” From Lake Barrington, Ill. “I don’t see a great blocker and I don’t see a great receiver,” said a fourth scout. “I see a guy that’s more of a U. I don’t see a great Y. He reminds me a lot of the (Drew) Sample guy that came out last year out of Washington and plays with the Bengals. Some of the workout (numbers) were better than the player he is. I don’t see first round. I think he’s always going to be a solid No. 2 (tight end), maybe a good No. 3.” Wonderlic of 28.

3. JAYLON JOHNSON, Utah (6-0, 193, 4.51, 1-2): Johnson is a third-year junior, two-year starter at LC. “Good man press corner,” said one scout. “Little bit less effective in off. Has size and length. Needs to get a little bit stronger. He’s a little bit lean. He had a shoulder earlier in the year so his tackling was off. I think he’s faster than he ran. I could see him at the end of the first.” Johnson underwent surgery in March for a torn labrum after being injured in September. It was his third shoulder operation. “Other than the shoulder, he’s clean,” a second scout said. “His game’s not strength. It’s his coverage. I think the dude can really cover. He doesn’t show lack of willingness or any inconsistency as a tackler.” He finished with 102 tackles, seven picks and 28 passes defensed. “He’s a stiff player that tends to play high,” a third scout said. “He’s out of balance at the top of routes. When he’s playing off he has dirty eyes. Average to below tackler. He does not hunt the ball. He lacks change of direction when playing off. Good ball production. Does a nice job when matched up with large receivers. He’ll go in the first or second. Would I take him there? No.” Johnson posted a Wonderlic of 21 and is from Fresno, Calif.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most places had Kmet going to GB at #29.

I posted this before:

Had GB taken him, he'd be the next great flex TE in this league

Now that Chicago took him he's the next shaheen.
Almost every Mock draft had dropped him out of the 1st round, quit making shit up!!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Top draft so far:
Cowboys. CeeDee Lamb (plug and play with elite upside); Trevon Diggs (big physical dude with upside); Neville Gallimore (great fir in their 4-3 as a disruptor at the 3). I think these guy are all either immediate starts or heavy rotation players right away. Just a great draft for the Cowboys.

Worst draft so far:
Packers. Jordan Love (traded away 4th for a guy who is raw and probably won't see the field for his for 2-3 years without injury); AJ Dillon (solid player but not a second rounder when you already have a really good RB who fits your scheme and a solid backup); Josiah Deguara (truth be told I like this player a lot but not a difference maker; more a jack of all trades TE/Hback, more a 4th or 5th rounder). Weird draft, I don't see any of these guys playing more than maybe 40% of snaps this year. And that guy will be playing a lot of them at fullback.

This is such an incredibly deep draft, when I was going through all the teams there are a bunch that have had really good drafts on paper. Baltimore (as always), Minnesota, Indy, Tennessee, plenty of others.