My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Kelce flat out better prosepct.

Ertz was a more polished route runner and got in and out of routes quicker. Kmet is almost a half second slower in 3 cone.

Now Kmet has tools to develop but now I would put his ceiling at a Mertellus Bennet level not Kelce or Ertz.

Kelce is a stud but he had attitude issues and was a third round pick. He’s developed nicely.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ok but they were still better which was the discussion.

Thats arguable. They had more production in college.

That still doesn't explain why you believe he can't do what they do in this scheme, other than him being drafted by the bears.

If he got drafted by the Packers everyone would be saying he's the next great TE. Its a double standard.

The guy is still an athletic freak for his size, and has shown to have great hands. Yea, he's raw, but he's got heavy potential.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ok but they were still better which was the discussion.
When you have 2-3 years to develop as long as you're capable you'll be a better prospect... it's called progress if u watch Kmet from 2018 to 2019 you'll see he progressed that shows he is capable of it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
When you have 2-3 years to develop as long as you're capable you'll be a better prospect... it's called progress if u watch Kmet from 2018 to 2019 you'll see he progressed that shows he is capable of it.

Literally his nfl.com analysis:

Long bodied, early entry Y tight end prospect who is a better pass threat than run blocker at this stage. Kmet should continue to fill out his frame, but his run blocking is too scattered and needs better focus and efficiency as a pro. He can be jammed and slowed by early contact into his route, but once he's striding, he becomes a legitimate second-level threat with sneaky separation speed and intriguing ball skills. He's still developing and could be a slow starter headed into the league, but he has the talent to eventually become a solid starter as a pass-catching in-line tight end with the ability to mismatch from the slot with his size.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Isn't that last line exactly what Kelce/Ertz do?

Or am I wrong....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kelce is a stud but he had attitude issues and was a third round pick. He’s developed nicely.

Still was better prospect. Better production, better route runner and better athlete.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ertz was a more polished route runner and got in and out of routes quicker. Kmet is almost a half second slower in 3 cone.

Now Kmet has tools to develop but now I would put his ceiling at a Mertellus Bennet level not Kelce or Ertz.

Kelce and Ertz wouldn't of been drafted where they were drafted if any team knew what they would become in the NFL and throw G.Kittle in there as well and many many other of the good/great TE's in the NFL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Kelce and Ertz wouldn't of been drafted where they were drafted if any team knew what they would become in the NFL and throw G.Kittle in there as well and many many other of the good/great TE's in the NFL.

Ding ding ding.

Limiting a guys production for no reason just because the bears drafted him is insane.

He's a very good athlete for his size. Fuck, he's nearly 6'6 and can jump 37 inches! And he looks like he can add 10 more pounds on his frame. He's shown excellent hands.

He's the exact opposite of soft, which is what our last Y TE was.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats arguable. They had more production in college.

That still doesn't explain why you believe he can't do what they do in this scheme, other than him being drafted by the bears.

If he got drafted by the Packers everyone would be saying he's the next great TE. Its a double standard.

The guy is still an athletic freak for his size, and has shown to have great hands. Yea, he's raw, but he's got heavy potential.

No I already explained it.

Ertz was a better route runner. Your link says he struggles getting into routes but once he gets up to speed he is good. That is also evident in his 3 cone.

Kelce and Ertz were both better and smoother route runners. That is evident in as I said Ertz running the 3 cone almost a half second faster.

In short, Kelce and Ertz were both smooth runners with good change of direction. Kmet is a bit more of a lumber athlete which makes sense as he has anywhere from 10-20 pounds on then.

Put another way Kelce and Ertz were move TEs good enough to play inline. Kmet is a inline TE good enough to play some move TE.

Not sure what more you want me to say or you just trying to be argumentative.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, no idea how he compares to Rudolph other than being from ND.

He's a better athlete than rudolph, Rudolph was a more polished pass catcher coming out than him.

A lot of people said he compares to Jason Witten. The eye test makes him look a lot more like witten as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am not talking about where they were drafted. I am talking about their traits. They are smoother than Kmet. Kmet has more size but not as fluid.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No I already explained it.

Ertz was a better route runner. Your link says he struggles getting into routes but once he gets up to speed he is good. That is also evident in his 3 cone.

Kelce and Ertz were both better and smoother route runners. That is evident in as I said Ertz running the 3 cone almost a half second faster.

In short, Kelce and Ertz were both smooth runners with good change of direction. Kmet is a bit more of a lumber athlete which makes sense as he has anywhere from 10-20 pounds on then.

Put another way Kelce and Ertz were move TEs good enough to play inline. Kmet is a inline TE good enough to play some move TE.

Not sure what more you want me to say or you just trying to be argumentative.

Well....yea, the other guys are much more polished prospects than him.

He's younger, more raw. That doesn't limit his potential, remy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Again not just a question of development. It is a question of build and athletic ability. They are different kind of players from a build and physical traits perspective.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
can someone make a gif or emoji that says, "Stop Feeding Remy"

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am not talking about where they were drafted. I am talking about their traits. They are smoother than Kmet. Kmet has more size but not as fluid.

I was talking about where they were drafted and about how nobody knew how great they would be or they would of been drafted in the 1st round and in the top half.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well....yea, the other guys are much more polished prospects than him.

He's younger, more raw. That doesn't limit his potential, remy.

They are also different athletes. Kmet doesnt have the change of direction skills which limits his potential.

You are the same one that hypes Ridley being a great route runner and ignoring Kmet doesnt run routes the way Kelce and Ertz does and some of that is because he simply lacks their agility.

Again he is an inline TE that can play move. Kelce and Ertz were more move TEs with enough size to play inline.

That difference isnt just about age. They have different bodies and athletic traits.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was talking about where they were drafted and about how nobody knew how great they would be or they would of been drafted in the 1st round and in the top half.

Ok good but nothing to do with what I said so not sure why it was addressed to me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we don't get our QB and Play Calling fixed then Kmet won't put up the kind of numbers any good/great TE does on a consistent level no matter how good/great he actually is. We don't have no A.Smith, P.Mahomes, C.Wentz on the Bears...........Nick Foles.