dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok good but nothing to do with what I said so not sure why it was addressed to me.

Because you're easy to fuck with. Sorry but it's true.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Also, no idea how he compares to Rudolph other than being from ND.

He's a better athlete than rudolph, Rudolph was a more polished pass catcher coming out than him.

A lot of people said he compares to Jason Witten. The eye test makes him look a lot more like witten as well.
They were pretty much exactly the same size. Kmet is a better athlete but it's pretty close. Here's the write up of Rudolph:

Rudolph is tall with a monster frame. Possesses an explosive first step and has the speed to stretch the field. Fluid in transition to separate in man and shows a good feel for finding soft spots in zone coverage. Has excellent hands and the body control to win jump balls. Tough kid that always finishes the play. Almost always flexed out and needs more experience lined up in-line. Must fill out his frame as he lacks the lower body strength to generate a good push in the running game. Does not have the wiggle to make people miss in the open field after the catch.

They are pretty similar players.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If we don't get our QB and Play Calling fixed then Kmet won't put up the kind of numbers any good/great TE does on a consistent level no matter how good/great he actually is. We don't have no A.Smith, P.Mahomes, C.Wentz on the Bears...........Nick Foles.

What about the o line? Rumor has it the eagles and chiefs have a pretty good one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That is more of Kmet's ceiling. Hooper smaller but the same sort of weaknesses coming out in terms of route quickness. They are not sudden athletes.

Hooper as a ceiling is perfectly fine but think it is wishful thinking to think he is the same type of player as Ertz or Kelce.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They were pretty much exactly the same size. Kmet is a better athlete but it's pretty close. Here's the write up of Rudolph:

Rudolph is tall with a monster frame. Possesses an explosive first step and has the speed to stretch the field. Fluid in transition to separate in man and shows a good feel for finding soft spots in zone coverage. Has excellent hands and the body control to win jump balls. Tough kid that always finishes the play. Almost always flexed out and needs more experience lined up in-line. Must fill out his frame as he lacks the lower body strength to generate a good push in the running game. Does not have the wiggle to make people miss in the open field after the catch.

They are pretty similar players.

How? From what I'm aware and seen about kmet he was used inline a ton? That says Rudolph was used almost always flexed out.

Kmet is a better athlete...too.

Like I said...a lot of people compared him to Jason Witten....I think that one sounds more right.

msadows

Liked Posts:

That is more of Kmet's ceiling. Hooper smaller but the same sort of weaknesses coming out in terms of route quickness. They are not sudden athletes.

Hooper as a ceiling is perfectly fine but think it is wishful thinking to think he is the same type of player as Ertz or Kelce.

Still makes no sense.

Kmet is an amazing athlete. You're just looking at the 3 cone.

He's got very good speed for a 6'6 frame and a 37 inch vertical at that size is insane.

This guy was drafted all on upside. He's a much better blocker than Ertz was as well coming out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Who said he was the same type of player as Kelce and Ertz? Msadows?

msadows

Liked Posts:
His route running isn't as polished as Kelce/Ertz was.

That doesn't mean it can't get to that point.

He's one of the youngest kids in this draft. The potential is high AF. Limiting it just because the bears drafted him makes no sense.

He's athletic as hell.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How? From what I'm aware and seen about kmet he was used inline a ton? That says Rudolph was used almost always flexed out.

Kmet is a better athlete...too.

Like I said...a lot of people compared him to Jason Witten....I think that one sounds more right.

I told you exactly how, and I provided the draft analysis of Rudolph as well. Kmet was used inline more than Rudolph, yes, but that's pretty much the only thing that is really different about them.

I also wrote that Kmet is a better athlete, but not by much. less than .1 in the 40, 2.5 inches in vert, 8 inches in broad.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who said he was the same type of player as Kelce and Ertz? Msadows?

I didn't say he's the same player.

Remy said we still need a flex TE. I asked him why.

He said he won't play the same role as Kelce/Ertz.

Burton played inline here 50% of the time. My guess is he is going to take that over.....His scouting profile on nfl.com legit says hes an inline TE with the potential to flex out to the slot....

msadows

Liked Posts:
I told you exactly how, and I provided the draft analysis of Rudolph as well. Kmet was used inline more than Rudolph, yes, but that's pretty much the only thing that is really different about them.

I also wrote that Kmet is a better athlete, but not by much. less than .1 in the 40, 1.5 inches in vert, 8 inches in broad.

Well one played the Y, the other played as a slot WR.....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well one played the Y, the other played as a slot WR.....

Not really. Notre Dame doesn't use more than one TE very often. Certainly not in the specialized way that NFL teams do.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I didn't say he's the same player.

Remy said we still need a flex TE. I asked him why.

He said he won't play the same role as Kelce/Ertz.

Burton played inline here 50% of the time. My guess is he is going to take that over.....His scouting profile on nfl.com legit says hes an inline TE with the potential to flex out to the slot....
How many pages can you guys go back and forth without saying anything new for?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

I also wrote that Kmet is a better athlete, but not by much. less than .1 in the 40, 2.5 inches in vert, 8 inches in broad.

my wife would appreciate that