Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What do you see as the White Sox 2020 rotation?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Giolito
Lopez

then a combo of
Cease/Kopech and two FAs, preferably at least one legit LH free agent.

Rodon maybe by August but hopefully not.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Giolito
Lopez
Cease
Kopech
Nova on 1 year deal or Dunning

I would love to see them bring in Cole.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cole is the ideal target for the White Sox in the offseason. Make that big move and give him a huge paycheck. Problem is, they could be competing against the Yankees and Cubs.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
They assured us the Machado money "would be spent" (yeah right...)

Sign Cole, and if he opts out after this year, Strasburg.

Cease, Cole, Giolito, Lopez, Strasburg for now. Kopech should be really to go too, and Rodon comes back sometime in the second half.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe there are actual White Sox fans hoping for Cole or Strasburg.

Abreu is the highest paid player in franchise history guys. Second place is not that close.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Cole
2. Giolito
3. Cease
4. Kopech
5. Lopez

Rodon sends Lopez to the pen or a 6 man rotation to help with all the young arms

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lopez pitched 5 no hit innings today

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cease pitched 5 innings, 1 run, 3 hits today. Struck out three in the first inning. Good to see and build some confidence for while he works on adjustments this winter.

The biggest reason I want a legit MLB veteran is for their mind in the bullpen with the guys. Giolito is bright but you can't replace baseball experience. Gio, Cease, and Kopech need a real example and elder thinking man's pitcher.

Cole would be a dream after missing Machado, and fits that bill though Bauer claims he was a terrible mentor in college. Maybe Bumgarner is in that same mold of power pitcher who never had to think.

Lester is finished, and throwing 87 mph 4-seamers, but that is the type of guy I recommend to tudor these guys for a season. The pitchers Lester has rubbed elbows with are impressive and he brings a wealth of knowledge. As the Sox 3/4 guy, I'm not saying he helps get to playoffs but he helps progress the young cats. There has to be a better option...Pomeranz or someone like that, or even Bailey who is inconsistent with the A's/Reds his entire career. At least he still throws 95 with movement when he is right and could come at good value, has been around and adjusted.

Freeman might have cost control and need a new team/chance.

I think Dallas Keuchel is a solid fit, a guy who has always had to pitch with control. Keuchel would be just about our speed and it seems nobody else wants to pay him fairly. I'd at least talk to his agent. Even if Giolito/Cease lead the rotation, having a Keuchel to talk shop with that has pitched in Houston/Braves systems that are part of the MLB pitching brain trust...good stuff. Pitched with Cole, Verlander, Teheran among other wizards.

Bailey + Keuchel for 1/3 the cost of Cole, and whatever Cole gets paid its doubtful he can pitch the length of it as an all-star. High velocity, crazy spin rate is for the youths.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Bailey + Keuchel for 1/3 the cost of Cole, and whatever Cole gets paid its doubtful he can pitch the length of it as an all-star. High velocity, crazy spin rate is for the youths.

Honestly we really only would need Keuchel. Personally I don't think they'd have a snowball's chance in hell at getting Cole, but they really need a lefty in the rotation. That allows Cease to either be your 4th or 5th. I can deal with Lopez as our fifth starter and I'd be pretty happy with that rotation for years.

Giolito
Keuchel
Kopech
Cease
Lopez

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly we really only would need Keuchel. Personally I don't think they'd have a snowball's chance in hell at getting Cole, but they really need a lefty in the rotation. That allows Cease to either be your 4th or 5th. I can deal with Lopez as our fifth starter and I'd be pretty happy with that rotation for years.

Giolito
Keuchel
Kopech
Cease
Lopez

Keuchel has pitched A.L. before too which is nice.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Lopez is such an enigma. I love his stuff. When he's on, he's nasty. He's just so damn inconsistent. Really frustrating.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Kuechel or Cole would be a dream. If only Reisnsdork would cough up the cash.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Unfortunately we finished with the 11th pick so we don't have 1st round protection for QO.

Not that we were gonna go for Cole, Kuchel, or anyone big....but we're really not now.

GigECJ

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lopez is such an enigma. I love his stuff. When he's on, he's nasty. He's just so damn inconsistent. Really frustrating.
I'm not a fan of Lopez. To me, he's too much of a "thrower" which also means that when he's not on, he struggles mightily. He can't "pitch" at all when he doesn't have his stuff. I'd be fine if he were not part of the starting staff.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
My buddy just texted me. Said he saw a report that said Cole's teammates think he's headed to Cali after the season no matter what.

We may not even get a chance to underbid.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My feeling is that Kuechel is more like Shields than Cole or MadBum. If we get a veteran lefty who can lead the staff it would be great.

The difference with Shields and Kuechel is the timing. It made no sense to acquire Shields at that time, it made no sense to increase pay roll for what was a third pitcher anyway, one that had been having trouble getting out of innings.

Now it makes all the sense.

I feel like they should start trying to compete. The worst that could happen by spending a little money is they create some excitement and stay in the play-off race for 4 months or so, build some good feels for 2021, which is when our chance to actually be good occurs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My feeling is that Kuechel is more like Shields than Cole or MadBum. If we get a veteran lefty who can lead the staff it would be great.

The difference with Shields and Kuechel is the timing. It made no sense to acquire Shields at that time, it made no sense to increase pay roll for what was a third pitcher anyway, one that had been having trouble getting out of innings.

Now it makes all the sense.

I feel like they should start trying to compete. The worst that could happen by spending a little money is they create some excitement and stay in the play-off race for 4 months or so, build some good feels for 2021, which is when our chance to actually be good occurs.
The timing on Shields absolutely made zero sense and the price they paid is going to leave a mark for awhile. Can you imagine still having Tatis Jr. in the mix?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The timing on Shields absolutely made zero sense and the price they paid is going to leave a mark for awhile. Can you imagine still having Tatis Jr. in the mix?

I'm hopeful his little brother won't have the back problems and can push Robert to RF.

If we get Tatis to takeover CF at the end of this rebuild it might workout nice.

1. Anderson SS
2. Moncada 3B
3. Vaughn/Abreu 1B/DH
4. Robert RF
5. Jiminez LF/DH
6. McCann C
7. Madrigal 2B
8. Elijah Tatis CF/ Engel/Barube

One guy steps up or from the outside or who did I forget? They can convert Jiminez to 1B, so free agent LF and 1B should be open for the right lefty. Walker/Rutherford are in house options. Engel might hold down CF short term as this team needs defense he is a fit.
I think I am hopeful. Abreu or a bat and a veteran pitching staff member should round it out. This would be the year to do it and then let the surplus's work themselves out with injury or trade.

Without Abreu or Vaughn here yet they start to look a little thin.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Abreu will be retired by the time Tatis is ready