2020 Spring Training Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, my rants are as common, he's stupid posts instead of actually having a conversation over a point. Maybe thats why they keep coming up since nobody wants to do any forum thing over it than be keyboard bullies.

Maybe that would get me to stop?
Oh be quiet, you got shit on the other board as well. Its what makes the world go round. I will never censor you. I just will feed ya the paint chips.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Shwarb would go into the 3. Baez ise an RBI shark. Put ya best OBA guys in front of him. Cubs dont have speed. There is no difference between Schwarber and Rizz besides Rizz has excelled at the 1 and Schwarbs hasnt.
No difference? Rizzo is slow, but doesn’t know it. He kills on the bases.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
stand back. CFS77 is about to go pull some stats out of his ass.

they come from Fansgraph. Or Cubs.com.

Any monkey can look them up.

But I did read some stuff from Cubs.com and they did a piece on Almora Jr and he did work with 2 hitting instructors to simplify his swing. Last year he had too many moving parts and he was not able to adjust to pitches.

The point is there is more going on that just the box score in S/T. What it is is a place to get into playing shape. Some guys are still not involved yet. Q has the flu. David Ross has it also while Green manages. Most players are getting 1/2 a game. Pitchers 1 inning. Etc.

So this early looking at results is a waste of time.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No difference? Rizzo is slow, but doesn’t know it. He kills on the bases.

I think I'll hold off on this awhile. You don't have to be fast to be a good baserunner, more than anything it's knowing your opponents and knowing your own limitations. Up until last year, I thought he was good on the bases....but boy, he really stepped off a cliff. Embarrassingly bad....but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he bounces back this year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think I'll hold off on this awhile. You don't have to be fast to be a good baserunner, more than anything it's knowing your opponents and knowing your own limitations. Up until last year, I thought he was good on the bases....but boy, he really stepped off a cliff. Embarrassingly bad....but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he bounces back this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
they come from Fansgraph. Or Cubs.com.

Any monkey can look them up.

But I did read some stuff from Cubs.com and they did a piece on Almora Jr and he did work with 2 hitting instructors to simplify his swing. Last year he had too many moving parts and he was not able to adjust to pitches.

The point is there is more going on that just the box score in S/T. What it is is a place to get into playing shape. Some guys are still not involved yet. Q has the flu. David Ross has it also while Green manages. Most players are getting 1/2 a game. Pitchers 1 inning. Etc.

So this early looking at results is a waste of time.

So our superstars are working on their eyes instead of taking an opportunity to practice driving the ball to the opposite field acting like there is a runner on second base and I need to drive him in, not walk so there are guys on first and second.
They are at the top of the order, I guess 50 or 60 rbi's will be enough?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So our superstars are working on their eyes instead of taking an opportunity to practice driving the ball to the opposite field acting like there is a runner on second base and I need to drive him in, not walk so there are guys on first and second.
They are at the top of the order, I guess 50 or 60 rbi's will be enough?

Why don't you drive down there. Buy a ticket and Iet them have a piece of your mind. And make sure to smile when security walks you out. Kids watch this stuff.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The issue is not that he lacks speed. The issue is, he doesn't know it. He has been thrown out on the bases more than any player I have ever seen, by a considerable margin.

He tries to score from second, and gets thrown out easily, quite often. And if you watch him, you can see that he almost always is looking at the fielder/ball when running from third to home, and rarely looks like he is running full speed.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The issue is not that he lacks speed. The issue is, he doesn't know it. He has been thrown out on the bases more than any player I have ever seen, by a considerable margin.

He tries to score from second, and gets thrown out easily, quite often. And if you watch him, you can see that he almost always is looking at the fielder/ball when running from third to home, and rarely looks like he is running full speed.

I'm sticking with the premise of it being an off year as up until last year it never appeared to be a problem. If it continues, then so be it. Until that happens, I'll take a wait and see.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm sticking with the premise of it being an off year as up until last year it never appeared to be a problem. If it continues, then so be it. Until that happens, I'll take a wait and see.
It didn’t start last year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why don't you drive down there. Buy a ticket and Iet them have a piece of your mind. And make sure to smile when security walks you out. Kids watch this stuff.
???????????

Maybe you should go back to pulling numbers out of your ass.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
???????????

Maybe you should go back to pulling numbers out of your ass.

Well I guess the kids are keeping away after you put up your scram signs. Now you have to yell at professional athletes for not pulling up their big boy pants.

#Golfclap