I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lakers beat all the other teams to the punch by signing rondo, Howard, and Carmelo before the season
Yeah, I saw a pretty amusing article/take about how Lebron needs more help. As if AD, Westbrook, Melo, etc weren’t all hand picked by the “king” himself. Only thing Lebron needs is to take himself down a peg or two and stop playing GM

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Lance Stephenson. I wonder who’s next…Robert Horry?!
Big shot Bob could probably still play in this league. 3 and D. Pj Tucker makes. living off of it but dont hit the big 3's

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I saw a pretty amusing article/take about how Lebron needs more help. As if AD, Westbrook, Melo, etc weren’t all hand picked by the “king” himself. Only thing Lebron needs is to take himself down a peg or two and stop playing GM

Are we finally witnessing the irreversible decline of LeBron James? I've waited years for this moment but it finally seems like it can safely be said that he's over the hill and his best days are behind him. He can't carry a team anymore.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lol we signed Jordan "Cash Considerations" Bell.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lakers beat all the other teams to the punch by signing rondo, Howard, and Carmelo before the season

That evokes a laugh now but would have been insane in 2010. Time is a bitch.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rubio tears ACL for Cavs.. out for year. Blow to Cavs who already lost Sexton for the year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ja Morant continuing to make me look good when I said he would be the best player in his draft class…not Zion
Zion would be if he could stay on the court.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Zion would be if he could stay on the court.
Would he, though?!

Zion doesn’t put up numbers like Ja does. And yes, on top of that he’s overweight and “hurt” all the time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would he, though?!

Zion doesn’t put up numbers like Ja does. And yes, on top of that he’s overweight and “hurt” all the time.
Yes. Zion is a monster when he can actually play and his numbers last year showed it. Just ask the dude who actually watches him, @SilenceS

Zion average 27 ppg/7/4 last year in 61 games. 27.4 PER, VORP of 4.0, BPM of 5.8, WS/48 .205.

Ja is 25/6/7. 25.5 PER, 1.8 VORP (early in season, but last year he was only 0.8), .187 WS/48. Ja has him beat in BPM this season at 6.3.

Zion's problem, and probably always will be, is staying healthy and that is the knock on him.

So Ja will likely ascend into the superstar status and be the better player, because he can actually stay on the court.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes. Zion is a monster when he can actually play and his numbers last year showed it. Just ask the dude who actually watches him, @SilenceS

Zion average 27 ppg/7/4 last year in 61 games. 27.4 PER, VORP of 4.0, BPM of 5.8, WS/48 .205.

Ja is 25/6/7. 25.5 PER, 1.8 VORP (early in season, but last year he was only 0.8), .187 WS/48. Ja has him beat in BPM this season at 6.3.

Zion's problem, and probably always will be, is staying healthy and that is the knock on him.

So Ja will likely ascend into the superstar status and be the better player, because he can actually stay on the court.
I’m aware of what he can do when he is on the court

but it was painfully obvious he was going to struggle with weight, and as he ages it will only become worse…which will only lead to more injuries, and less explosiveness

You can come up with whatever reasoning you wish, I still stand by Ja being the best pick of that draft

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m aware of what he can do when he is on the court

but it was painfully obvious he was going to struggle with weight, and as he ages it will only become worse…which will only lead to more injuries, and less explosiveness

You can come up with whatever reasoning you wish, I still stand by Ja being the best pick of that draft
Well one of your points was "he doesn't put up numbers like Ja does" which I disagree with.

The rest of it, I agree with, including Ja being the best pick of the draft. The only way he isn't in my opinion, is if Zion figures out how to stay healthy, and I'm guessing he won't.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's a very smart poster here who said he thought Zion had the makings of a guy who would eat himself out of the league.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ja is incredible. Zion is better when healthy. I have seen people play like JA. I have never seen anyone do what Zion can do. Its like a mixture of Shaq and Charles Barkley all rolled into one. His quick twitch and ability to get up before everyone is Rodman esque. Everyone knows where he is going to finish but they cant stop it cause he is to strong and to nimble and his touch around the basket is God like.

But, it comes down to does he cut fat and stay healthy.

We all know that, but he is only 21 and non of his injuries have been considered long term affect injuries. We will see.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Ja is incredible. Zion is better when healthy. I have seen people play like JA. I have never seen anyone do what Zion can do. Its like a mixture of Shaq and Charles Barkley all rolled into one. His quick twitch and ability to get up before everyone is Rodman esque. Everyone knows where he is going to finish but they cant stop it cause he is to strong and to nimble and his touch around the basket is God like.

But, it comes down to does he cut fat and stay healthy.

We all know that, but he is only 21 and non of his injuries have been considered long term affect injuries. We will see.
Agree. Dude is a MONSTER on the court. I watched every Duke game the year he was there and as a UNLV/Georgia Tech basketball fan I hate Duke more than any other team in college. It also helped me come around on Lonzo when I watched a ton of NOP games while he was there and saw the improvement he made cause I was one of those anti-Ball people.

If he can stay on court and keep burning, he will be great. This injury and inactivity worries me that he comes back as Oliver Miller. 1641338294563.png

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That’s the dude I’ve wanted on the bulls since this past offseason(obviously getting derozan and ball, I was plenty content), he would fit in nicely on this roster. Give the bulls a little more size and length, plus the guy can score when needed.

it’s all about what the bulls give up to get him. They have to make the salaries match up, too. So it would be more than just PWill to make it happen.

bulls would have to give up something like PWill, Coby, and Troy Brown Jr, or PWill and DJJ for Grant

not sure the bulls do either of those trades tbh