2021-2022 Around the NBA Thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It doesn't hurt his value. It hurts Philly's value.
My greater point is, no one wants that contract with the tank of value, and thus makes it harder for a trade to happen due to the fact it just makes it that much harder for salaries to match.

So Simmons wants out, but is doing everything possible to make it harder to get out.

But, I also still think Philly probably is asking way too much for him in return.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You have to be a desperate team to jump on that grenade. All I can see is a small market team that can’t attract players go for him. Rebuilding team wouldn’t want him to mess up the young players on the team. Allot of vets wouldn’t want to put up with that bs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You have to be a desperate team to jump on that grenade. All I can see is a small market team that can’t attract players go for him. Rebuilding team wouldn’t want him to mess up the young players on the team. Allot of vets wouldn’t want to put up with that bs.
I mean Sacramento is the obvious destination for him.. but I'm not sure what package they could put together, and I wouldn't dare give up a 1st rounder for him if I were Sacramento, because it'll probably be a good pick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean Sacramento is the obvious destination for him.. but I'm not sure what package they could put together, and I wouldn't dare give up a 1st rounder for him if I were Sacramento, because it'll probably be a good pick.
Whoever is in his inner circle has to be reassuring him of this stuff. Those people need to be removed. He has always had this attitude since he went to LSU, but people have to be telling him he is right for him not to mature out of it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ultimately, I think the deal here is Philly is going to "lose" whatever trade they make here, BUT, I think whichever team they make this deal with there's going to be a handshake and a wink deal where Philly will "win" a trade later in the year. So I think it'll even out in the end, but it'll take a few weeks/months.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This a comment more on viewing my favorite league, but what a mistake by TNT putting Stan Van Gundy on the (what I assume is) second broadcast team. He is awful.

Did you guys know that Giannis is tough to guard in transition? Did you also know that Brooklyn should put Harden in situations where the defense has to switch a weaker defender on him?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Russell Westbrook in his Lakers debut: 8 points,5 rebounds,4 assists and 4 turnovers on 4-13 from the field, 0-4 from three with a team low -23.

Not that this will be every game, but this runs under things that don't surprise me at all.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Russell Westbrook in his Lakers debut: 8 points,5 rebounds,4 assists and 4 turnovers on 4-13 from the field, 0-4 from three with a team low -23.

Not that this will be every game, but this runs under things that don't surprise me at all.
I could see him and LeBron being a disaster on the court together

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Lakers are going to be a fun team to monitor through advanced stats this year. How much time is AD going to be playing the 4 vs the 5? Who do they put Rondo on the floor with the majority of the season? Are they going to be a high pace team, or low? They have three guys on their team who have led the league in usage over the past 10 years, so the minutes distribution is going to be great to see.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knicks vs Celtics was fucking epic. What a game! Best opening day game I ever seen. I had the Knicks on -1 1/2 so Im happy with the cover but that game was nuts.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Knicks vs Celtics was fucking epic. What a game! Best opening day game I ever seen. I had the Knicks on -1 1/2 so Im happy with the cover but that game was nuts.
What's going on with Zion? I heard he's hit Charles Barkley retirement weight. Is he depressed?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's going on with Zion? I heard he's hit Charles Barkley retirement weight. Is he depressed?
I heard that as well. Not sure. He is out for at least the first week of games following the foot surgery.