2021-2022 Around the NBA Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with that. But Westbrook is overrated IMO. Yeah, he gets triple doubles, but typically doing it with a ton of turnovers and poor shooting
He had a quadruple double yesterday. He got the elusive 10 turnover mark with his triple double lol

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had a quadruple double yesterday. He got the elusive 10 turnover mark with his triple double lol
Westbrook is the type of player who can take a team with the worst offensive talent in the league (in terms of a supporting cast: 2-12) and make them a somewhat mediocre offense. He's also the type that can take a team with very good-great offensive talent and turn them pretty mediocre.

He's an isolation player who's great at attacking the basket. But he takes too many outside shots. He's a guy who should be taking about 2 three PT attempts per game. He also plays at a frannatic pace. Never slows down. He's basically the anti Chris Paul; a guy who controls the pace and recognizes the situation in the game and how to run the offense. With Westbrook, it's sink or swim. He's gonna go fast and hard. And if he's struggling, the whole team is going to struggle. Especially when he's mindlessly turning the ball over.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What could they do? Just make anything with potential to be a fast break a clear path foul if it doesn't take place at the hoop?
Yes basically it would expand the clear path foul rule. Players would quickly stop fouling in those situations.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean, it’s strategy IMO. If the other team is about to have a 3 on 2 fast break or whatever, take a foul if you have one to give. Each player has 6 fouls to give, to try and regulate what fouls are acceptable is kinda silly to me. They already have the clear path one for the extreme cases anyways

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean, it’s strategy IMO. If the other team is about to have a 3 on 2 fast break or whatever, take a foul if you have one to give. Each player has 6 fouls to give, to try and regulate what fouls are acceptable is kinda silly to me. They already have the clear path one for the extreme cases anyways
So was the shit James Harden was doing.

The fast break is one of the most exciting plays in basketball and it ruins the product by there being such as easy foul.

FIBA has a rule just like this, the NBA can literally adopt the same thing.

This is a reason why rules always change though, because eventually someone games the system and makes the product worse.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

The fast break is one of the most exciting plays in basketball and it ruins the product by there being such as easy foul.

This is a reason why rules always change though, because eventually someone games the system and makes the product worse.
It’s not like fast breaks aren’t common. They happen all the time. How often do these types of fouls happen? Not often. Maybe once a game? It’s smart strategy, IMO and is a heads up play. There’s also risk involved because a lot of these fouls are borderline clear path already so you have to be careful if you decide to foul. I think they should leave it alone.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I disagree with you on that. What harden was doing, I would argue wasn’t legal in the first place. More that the refs ignored/allowed it to go on. That said, I don’t blame harden for taking advantage of such lax enforcement of things such as traveling

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, I compare this to football when the DB knows he's burned, so he intentionally holds a WR to prevent a big play.

The penalty there is a 5 yard penalty and automatic first. In basketball, it's a personal foul, and if they're over the limit, 2 free throws for the other team.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ben Simmons now getting fined game checks as he's refusing mental health help from team doctors. Is this dude fine with just fading out of the league altogether?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odds that LeBron and russ meltdown at each other at some point this season?
Some of the Phil Jackson camp minds believe the drama solidifies the inner circle when the heat gets turned up and they are forced to focus and rely on each other.

Lebrons camp knows this from Kobe.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts: