I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Or maybe it’s just the random games you watch? Lol…every ball handler, especially with a high USG like LaMelo are going to have games with high turnovers.
I get that. Never claimed he should have 0 turnovers or anything. And maybe it’s just the games I watch…but that would be pretty coincidental

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I get that. Never claimed he should have 0 turnovers or anything. And maybe it’s just the games I watch…but that would be pretty coincidental
Not really when the numbers bare out that he’s only averaging 3.3 per game with a high USG%. His turnover/USG numbers are on par or better than a lot of the best play makers/ball handlers in the game. Nothing coincidental about anything…for the most part, we all see and analyze things based on our own subjective and biased viewpoints. Luckily, actual stats show us what is actually real and what’s not.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not really when the numbers bare out that he’s only averaging 3.3 per game with a high USG%. His turnover/USG numbers are on par or better than a lot of the best play makers/ball handlers in the game. Nothing coincidental about anything…for the most part, we all see and analyze things based on our own subjective and biased viewpoints. Luckily, actual stats show us what is actually real and what’s not.
Lol while I agree with the numbers, your assertion that it’s me being biased that every game I’ve watched him play he has high TO’s is just LOL

it’s my bias that had him have 7 TO’s against the bucks?! Or when I saw him play live earlier this season? Again, the numbers are the numbers…

like I said, I acknowledge that it’s just the few games I’ve watched him play this season. Don’t try making it out to be that I’m making it up when it’s fact

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Lol while I agree with the numbers, your assertion that it’s me being biased that every game I’ve watched him play he has high TO’s is just LOL

it’s my bias that had him have 7 TO’s against the bucks?! Or when I saw him play live earlier this season? Again, the numbers are the numbers…

like I said, I acknowledge that it’s just the few games I’ve watched him play this season. Don’t try making it out to be that I’m making it up when it’s fact
Fair enough. I guess it’s just coincidental then

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I can't believe how far the OKC Thunder have fallen since they had the big 3 of Harden, Durant and Westbrook. Now they have the distinction of being the team that holds the records for biggest losses in NBA history both on the road and at home. And we have their coach who looks like a contender for COY.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I can't believe how far the OKC Thunder have fallen since they had the big 3 of Harden, Durant and Westbrook. Now they have the distinction of being the team that holds the records for biggest losses in NBA history both on the road and at home. And we have their coach who looks like a contender for COY.
Billy Donovan is a great coach. He seems to do an incredible job of putting players in position for them to succeed. I definitely give him some credit for getting demar to play so well, when pop couldn't get this level of play from him

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I wonder what Hoiball would look like with this team. Part of me thinks the talent level on this team is so high that they'd make any coach look good. Not to take anything away from Donovan though, he's been a steady veteran presence that's a welcome relief from the Boylen clownery

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wonder what Hoiball would look like with this team. Part of me thinks the talent level on this team is so high that they'd make any coach look good. Not to take anything away from Donovan though, he's been a steady veteran presence that's a welcome relief from the Boylen clownery
I would hazard a guess that Donovan is infinitely more respected as HC than what you'd see with Hoiberg. If it came down to a benching, I'm guessing Billy D has the stones to follow through with it, and Fred would crumble.

I also don't think you break your teammates orbital socket if the coach commands the respect.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I have no doubt that Donovan is more respected around the league but what I wonder is if Hoiberg had this level of talent, would he still have tanked?

Hoiberg went 41-41 the first season when it was Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade on the roster. Then we did the Jimmy trade and he had Zach LaVine as the #1 with a carousel of guys trying to fill the #2. Kris Dunn, Lauri Markannen, Otto Porter, Bobby Portis. No clear #2 or #3 option ever emerged.

With this level of talent I think Hoiberg might still be coaching in the NBA

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have no doubt that Donovan is more respected around the league but what I wonder is if Hoiberg had this level of talent, would he still have tanked?

Hoiberg went 41-41 the first season when it was Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade on the roster. Then we did the Jimmy trade and he had Zach LaVine as the #1 with a carousel of guys trying to fill the #2. Kris Dunn, Lauri Markannen, Otto Porter, Bobby Portis. No clear #2 or #3 option ever emerged.

With this level of talent I think Hoiberg might still be coaching in the NBA
Don’t over think it

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Holy shit…I just realized steph curry is taking 13 3s per game this year…and shooting 41% lol….crazy

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Holy shit…I just realized steph curry is taking 13 3s per game this year…and shooting 41% lol….crazy
At this point he's running away with that MVP award.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steph's shooting is really something marvelous to behold. Every time he takes a 3 I just assume it's going in. 41% from 3 coming from him seems like he's off to a slow start lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Steph's shooting is really something marvelous to behold. Every time he takes a 3 I just assume it's going in. 41% from 3 coming from him seems like he's off to a slow start lol
Only season he shot worse (other than his 5 game 2019-20 season) was 2016-17 at 41.1% (41.6% this year). I wouldn't be surprised if this % starts getting higher.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Only season he shot worse (other than his 5 game 2019-20 season) was 2016-17 at 41.1% (41.6% this year). I wouldn't be surprised if this % starts getting higher.
He’s taking 3 more attempts per game this year though. His percentage might go up slightly…he’s a career 43% sniper….but he’s taking the most of his career and does take a lot of super difficult shots.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He’s taking 3 more attempts per game this year though. His percentage might go up slightly…he’s a career 43% sniper….but he’s taking the most of his career and does take a lot of super difficult shots.
It's a 0.5 per game increase ( I don't really know what a big increase is). He might actually take less shots once Klay Thompson returns, but we'll see.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
While I agree that Steph is a marvel behind the arc, Lonzo is quietly leading the league in 3pt % with 7 or more attempts per game. He has come a long way.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I just thought of a deal involving Indiana/Philly and Bulls and this might just work. Throwing darts of course but:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Money works out. Indiana gets: Ben Simmons
Philly: Sabonis, Derrick Jones Jr., Coby White and Simonovic
Bulls get Myles Turner and get to keep PWill.

Honestly don't think picks even need to be involved the way this works out but I am sure some will be thrown in to Indiana.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I agree that Steph is a marvel behind the arc, Lonzo is quietly leading the league in 3pt % with 7 or more attempts per game. He has come a long way.
Steph probably shoots 80% from 3 if he was a spot up shooter lol

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I just thought of a deal involving Indiana/Philly and Bulls and this might just work. Throwing darts of course but:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Money works out. Indiana gets: Ben Simmons
Philly: Sabonis, Derrick Jones Jr., Coby White and Simonovic
Bulls get Myles Turner and get to keep PWill.

Honestly don't think picks even need to be involved the way this works out but I am sure some will be thrown in to Indiana.
Indy is giving up a lot for Simmons who has basically no value now.