Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What has gotten into Lance Stephenson lately...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Knicks land Cam Reddish.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just randomly checked the Bucks-Warriors score and Bucks are up like 40 at the half. Sheesh.

Makes losing by 30 to the Nets not feel quite so bad lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just randomly checked the Bucks-Warriors score and Bucks are up like 40 at the half. Sheesh.

BUCKS TO REPEAT CONFIRMED.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

And the thunder beat the nets by 21

no Durant or Irving, though. And Harden by himself looked pretty mediocre on his 7/22 shooting

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ja Morant continuing to make me look good when I said he would be the best player in his draft class…not Zion

I'm late to this discussion...

But I'd take Ja over Zion as well.

Stats aside, Ja makes a bigger impact. Sure, Zion averaged 27 PPG last year when he was healthy, but that wasn't necessarily translating into wins. This is not to say that Zion doesn't make an impact. Of course he does. But when they're both healthy and playing at their best, the Grizzlies seem to benefit more than the Pelicans.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm late to this discussion...

But I'd take Ja over Zion as well.

Stats aside, Ja makes a bigger impact. Sure, Zion averaged 27 PPG last year when he was healthy, but that wasn't necessarily translating into wins. This is not to say that Zion doesn't make an impact. Of course he does. But when they're both healthy and playing at their best, the Grizzlies seem to benefit more than the Pelicans.
The Grizzles are a much deeper team and full of shooter.

The Pels were terrible at three point shooting and they got open looks all day long.

I dont care who says who is better, but Zion impact in immense. They just built a bad team around him.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Grizzles are a much deeper team and full of shooter.

The Pels were terrible at three point shooting and they got open looks all day long.

I dont care who says who is better, but Zion impact in immense. They just built a bad team around him.

The NBA is the one pro sports league where one player can make a huge impact. For example - If we put KD on the Magic right now, they wouldn't be a Finals team, but they would most likely be a playoff team simply because of KD. That is the level of impact one player can make.

When I look at Zion, I don't see that type of impact. Last year's Pelicans team should have been enough of a supporting cast for a great player to at least make the playoffs, but NO finished 31-41. Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Steve Adams, and Eric Bledsoe would be enough for a superstar caliber player to make the post season.

Ja Morant made the playoffs with Jonas, Desmond Banes, and Jaren Jackson. In Ja's rookie season, they also narrowly missed the playoffs by a game.

This season, the Pelicans are without Zion, and Lonzo/Adams are gone (with Jonas replacing him), and their win % is just 5 percent lower than it was last year with Zion and others.

You mention 3s.... But the Grizzlies weren't great in that department either last season. NO made 10.6 per game, MEM made 11.2. NO shot 34.8% from 3, MEM shot 35.6%. They were both in the bottom 3rd of the NBA in both categories.

To me, Zion is the type of player that will put up nice stats and make eye-popping plays in a loss. While Ja can make a big impact on the game even if he's not making big plays or filling up the stat sheet.

In the long run, I'd take Ja over Zion every day of the week.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
3C8B0DBB-7328-42A6-8366-D3E2BEBD209B.jpeg
A lil more packed at grizz games now @Scoot26

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NBA is the one pro sports league where one player can make a huge impact. For example - If we put KD on the Magic right now, they wouldn't be a Finals team, but they would most likely be a playoff team simply because of KD. That is the level of impact one player can make.

When I look at Zion, I don't see that type of impact. Last year's Pelicans team should have been enough of a supporting cast for a great player to at least make the playoffs, but NO finished 31-41. Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Steve Adams, and Eric Bledsoe would be enough for a superstar caliber player to make the post season.

Ja Morant made the playoffs with Jonas, Desmond Banes, and Jaren Jackson. In Ja's rookie season, they also narrowly missed the playoffs by a game.

This season, the Pelicans are without Zion, and Lonzo/Adams are gone (with Jonas replacing him), and their win % is just 5 percent lower than it was last year with Zion and others.

You mention 3s.... But the Grizzlies weren't great in that department either last season. NO made 10.6 per game, MEM made 11.2. NO shot 34.8% from 3, MEM shot 35.6%. They were both in the bottom 3rd of the NBA in both categories.

To me, Zion is the type of player that will put up nice stats and make eye-popping plays in a loss. While Ja can make a big impact on the game even if he's not making big plays or filling up the stat sheet.

In the long run, I'd take Ja over Zion every day of the week.
Very short sided on the playoff thing and shows not watching much of the Pelicans. Stan Van Gundy was archaic in his coaching. The team couldnt guard the 3 and couldnt shoot the 3 and thats a problem when ya two best players play in the paint and a mid range guy. He also sat Lonzo at the end of games for Bledsoe. Think about that. The Pelicans lost many games when they were up double digits. This was a major coaching flaw.

His efficiency and ability to wreak havoc in the paint makes any team shake.

has still managed to post the highest point per game average in league history through age 20 at 25.7 points per game. Other notable players on that list include Luka Doncic (24.7), LeBron James (24.1), O'Neal (23.4), and Kevin Durant (22.7).

Injuries is a concern but I would be concerned over Morant as well. He plays wreckless and his athleticism is the majority of his game right now.

Im not knocking Morant cause he is a superstar very soon. But, the any day of the week. No way

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KD out 4-6 weeks with a sprained MCL.

Ouch... Nets may slide quite a bit in the standings.