2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hesitant.
I think it's just he's still super young. You see flashes of all the skills and I think he's banged up. Can't forget he was a super 6th man in college. He's not a front man. Has always needed to be more aggressive. We saw it last year but he snapped out of it some and was great. The big difference is last year he really only had to delegate to Zach and he could find his role. Then Vuc some. This year I think with 4 other guys that he can delegate to he's just having a hard time figuring out where his role is and what he needs because the other guys all do something better. That's particularly on Donavon. I think when he gets healthy and figures out where he fits with the super stars hopefully it will click again. The kid just turned 20 plenty of time and lot's of great people to learn from here. I honestly would probably take him back to 6th man just to give him a more easily defined role. But don't know who you start then. Green has been high energy. Dont know that that is sustainable though.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think it's just he's still super young. You see flashes of all the skills and I think he's banged up. Can't forget he was a super 6th man in college. He's not a front man. Has always needed to be more aggressive. We saw it last year but he snapped out of it some and was great. The big difference is last year he really only had to delegate to Zach and he could find his role. Then Vuc some. This year I think with 4 other guys that he can delegate to he's just having a hard time figuring out where his role is and what he needs because the other guys all do something better. That's particularly on Donavon. I think when he gets healthy and figures out where he fits with the super stars hopefully it will click again. The kid just turned 20 plenty of time and lot's of great people to learn from here. I honestly would probably take him back to 6th man just to give him a more easily defined role. But don't know who you start then. Green has been high energy. Dont know that that is sustainable though.
This.

I tried telling people that PWill could end up averaging less points per game than his rookie season due to all the scorers now on this roster.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hasn’t really flashed much in his young career. Plays lackadaisical. Low energy. He’s still very young and can obviously improve, but hasn’t really done anything that Instills a lot of confidence. Solid spot up 3 pt shooter. Average-ish/below average defender. Weak with the ball on the drive. Solid athletically and good frame, but not overly agile or quick. I said it before, but I think he’s closer to luol deng than he is PG/Butler/Kawhi
Even Deng had shown more promise at this point in his career than PWill has.

I never watched Kawhi develop, but I saw the tons of potential from PG and Butler even in their rookie years. There were leaps in the 2nd season, more so for PG than Butler. A lot can still change, but the more I watch PWill, the less I think of him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He can play, but let’s not hype him up too much after a 7 of 19 shooting game
Loving his game is hyping him up? Didn’t shoot great but had some huge baskets to close the game out. Taking a bunch of pressure off lavine

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Loving his game is hyping him up? Didn’t shoot great but had some huge baskets to close the game out. Taking a bunch of pressure off lavine
Don’t get your panties in a wad. Just pointing out that he didn’t have a good overall game last night. Nothing more, nothing less

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone just needs to tell PWill that if he has an open shot just shoot it. Biggest knock on him right now offensively is that he's too tentative.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also find it a bit baffling he played 25 minutes at PF for the most part and had zero rebounds.
Yeah, it’s called trying to fit a square into a round hole. I’ve felt he was a small forward the whole time, not a PF. He’s struggling to defend bigger guys and he’s struggling to rebound.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Don’t get your panties in a wad. Just pointing out that he didn’t have a good overall game last night. Nothing more, nothing less
Splitting hairs but I think he had a good overall game. Not great though but the clutch buckets were big.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pwill is too slow footed to be considered a true SF. He’s a tweener but in today’s game he’s more of a PF

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Splitting hairs but I think he had a good overall game. Not great though but the clutch buckets were big.
He certainly made clutch buckets down the stretch, but again…7 of 19 shooting is pretty bad. Just like the game before when Zach shot poorly, he had a bad game by his standards, derozan had a bad shooting game last night
Pwill is too slow footed to be considered a true SF. He’s a tweener but in today’s game he’s more of a PF
I get why you say this, but let’s not forget he played mostly the 3 last year and was known for his defense around the league because of it. Let’s not pretend he can’t guard the 3 spot when he’s already done it as a 19 year old

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He had a good first and fourth.. 2nd and 3rd he was no good. Basically easy summary.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Let’s put it this way…

the bulls as a team shot 48% last night(counting derozans numbers bringing them down)

DeRozan shot 37% last night

he had a bad overall shooting game. Plain and simple

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Another interesting derozan tidbit…

derozan is shooting well below his career avg overall currently. But, he’s shooting a career best from 3 so far this season

absolutely makes up for it in the increase in 3 pt shooting production. And if he keeps that % anywhere near where it is(37.5%), the bulls will be that much tougher to beat come playoff time

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Let’s put it this way…

the bulls as a team shot 48% last night(counting derozans numbers bringing them down)

DeRozan shot 37% last night

he had a bad overall shooting game. Plain and simple
Yes, acknowledged he didn’t shoot well. That’s one facet in the NBA….

Lead the team in scoring with 26 (on 19 shots)
Lead the team in assists (6)
Got to the FT like 10x (made all 10)
2/4 from 3
Hit a number of clutch baskets late

DeMar did not shoot well from the field but still managed to have a good game.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

The problem is his motor he just doesn't have the motor one would expect from a 20 yr old . Watching him with all those perimeter players from both teams and his lack of urgency to any part of his game stood out like a sore thumb.

I don't expect him to explode offensively but I cant excuse him not going all out on both considering who he is surrounded by .He should average an easy double double on this team based off nothing but hustle .

I honestly thought he was overweight in his movements but maybe he is just slow footed but

Pats listed at 215lbs
TBJ listed at 215 lbs
DD listed at 220 lbs

OG is listed at 232 lbs

when we play the knicks lets take a look at RJ Barret who is listed at 214lbs .

Hes has naturally solid build but Im not sure that hes in the best playing shape

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The problem is his motor he just doesn't have the motor one would expect from a 20 yr old . Watching him with all those perimeter players from both teams and his lack of urgency to any part of his game stood out like a sore thumb.

I don't expect him to explode offensively but I cant excuse him not going all out on both considering who he is surrounded by .He should average an easy double double on this team based off nothing but hustle .

I honestly thought he was overweight in his movements but maybe he is just slow footed but

Pats listed at 215lbs
TBJ listed at 215 lbs
DD listed at 220 lbs

OG is listed at 232 lbs

when we play the knicks lets take a look at RJ Barret who is listed at 214lbs .

Hes has naturally solid build but Im not sure that hes in the best playing shape
He kinda plays like markannen in the sense both play with no sense of urgency. Almost like their head is someplace else. Low energy players. BD needs to have a serious sit down with him

Enasic

Liked Posts:
How awesome would OG be on this team? Completely unrealistic but I would love to add OG or Miles Bridges. Dream scenario for me, specifically bridges

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also find it a bit baffling he played 25 minutes at PF for the most part and had zero rebounds.
Yeah that's also quite odd, though as I remember the Bulls were getting stomped on the boards as a whole in the game. I think Vucevic only managed 8 as a usual rebounding machine. Would have to check the stats again to get a clearer idea. For Williams the talent is there, I think he just needs to play with more energy and confidence. Feels like he's too unsure of himself out there.