2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DeRozan trying to assert his authority. Crazy thing is he had it too that's his shot
As soon as the play started to develop, I thought it was drawn up for Lavine and DeRozan was going to give it up as a handoff and then he took it. He had a good look though so can't be upset with that.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If PWill is hurt, they are for sure going to have to play Bradley more. They were getting killed with that four-guard lineup

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If nothing else this game showed just how bad this team can be on the boards. I think Bradley can help make a difference there and maybe there's some bits where he and Alize can share the floor for a few minutes just to get some strong rebounding presence. Another good learning experience though and they almost pulled this one out of their butts, let's see how they respond going up against more playoff teams coming up

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As soon as the play started to develop, I thought it was drawn up for Lavine and DeRozan was going to give it up as a handoff and then he took it. He had a good look though so can't be upset with that.
If you look at the replay, he slipped a bit on the jump stop. I think that ultimately is what threw off his rhythm and probably caused the airball. Not saying he would have made it otherwise, but that's not a shot he normally airballs. I don't know what was up with the floor last night or his shoes but their was a lot of slipping going on. Maybe the ice was messing with it somehow no idea. But I think everyone in the building thought that was getting handed back to Zach, that's the only reason I can think of for it to not be. I know they were also complaining about Vuc being there and drawing the extra defender, but maybe he was there because the ball wasn't supposed to be and it was drawn up to go back to Zach... It's a Billy problem now. Even tougher test tomorrow.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you look at the replay, he slipped a bit on the jump stop. I think that ultimately is what threw off his rhythm and probably caused the airball. Not saying he would have made it otherwise, but that's not a shot he normally airballs. I don't know what was up with the floor last night or his shoes but their was a lot of slipping going on. Maybe the ice was messing with it somehow no idea. But I think everyone in the building thought that was getting handed back to Zach, that's the only reason I can think of for it to not be. I know they were also complaining about Vuc being there and drawing the extra defender, but maybe he was there because the ball wasn't supposed to be and it was drawn up to go back to Zach... It's a Billy problem now. Even tougher test tomorrow.
Lol unrelated, but I went to the bar to watch the Packers/Cardinals game with a few friends. Entire bar was watching that game and I had them put the Bulls game on in the corner. I was the only person watching it. During the Bulls last play, right around the same time in the football game there was a couple bad injuries. Like two guys being taking off on the cart, the whole place was silent. And there was me screaming at the Bulls game lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, I was thinking last night, it's odd to me that this team doesn't have the one deadeye spotup 3 point shooter, at least not yet. The good shooters they have all seem to be more scores that can shoot. Even Lavine, you wouldn't want to just have him sitting at the 3 line waiting for the ball because he can do too much and draws too much attention. All the guys who can kind of do it are needed for other roles. Zo has shot much better, but he's not it, he's the point. Caruso has shown he can hit, but you need him on D and we saw last night the ball is good in his hand for dealing. Vuc, hah. Williams, that's no, LaMar, too far. I don't know why but I just kind of wish this team had a guy that is out there just to hit 3s. Maybe that become Troy Brown? He seems to have hit some big ones? I need like a Hinrich, Kerr, Paxson type. I know there are some better names in the league now I just can't think of them.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, I was thinking last night, it's odd to me that this team doesn't have the one deadeye spotup 3 point shooter, at least not yet. The good shooters they have all seem to be more scores that can shoot. Even Lavine, you wouldn't want to just have him sitting at the 3 line waiting for the ball because he can do too much and draws too much attention. All the guys who can kind of do it are needed for other roles. Zo has shot much better, but he's not it, he's the point. Caruso has shown he can hit, but you need him on D and we saw last night the ball is good in his hand for dealing. Vuc, hah. Williams, that's no, LaMar, too far. I don't know why but I just kind of wish this team had a guy that is out there just to hit 3s. Maybe that become Troy Brown? He seems to have hit some big ones? I need like a Hinrich, Kerr, Paxson type. I know there are some better names in the league now I just can't think of them.
Why have a guy that can only shoot 3’s and not much else?!

and hinrich and paxson were more than just spot up shooters as well. Kerr is the only one that was just a spot shooter really

and Troy brown jr has been a bit of a disappointment so far. He may be that guy that ends up just a 3 point shooter. His 3 point shooting has been fine, I just was hoping/expecting him to be solid on defense and maybe help out rebounding some with that frame.

Liked Posts:
Why have a guy that can only shoot 3’s and not much else?!

and hinrich and paxson were more than just spot up shooters as well. Kerr is the only one that was just a spot shooter really

and Troy brown jr has been a bit of a disappointment so far. He may be that guy that ends up just a 3 point shooter. His 3 point shooting has been fine, I just was hoping/expecting him to be solid on defense and maybe help out rebounding some with that frame.
Coby coming back off the bench will help as well.

Bulls actually have enough 3PT shooting talent. They have the second highest 3PT % (40.4%) in the league after 5 games. Problem is volume isn't as high as it should be (24th).

A lot of that is due to the fact you have 3 former alphas on offense who are still learning to play together.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lonzo is a pretty solid spot up 3pt shooter honestly. He's been off the last couple games but if you had to pick a starter to be a spot up 3pt shooter in an out of bounds scenario he might be your guy if he's not involved in the initial pass.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby coming back off the bench will help as well.

Bulls actually have enough 3PT shooting talent. They have the second highest 3PT % (40.4%) in the league after 5 games. Problem is volume isn't as high as it should be (24th).

A lot of that is due to the fact you have 3 former alphas on offense who are still learning to play together.
Agreed on the volume. And coby I’m hoping gets traded for a tough, rebounding, paint controlling big that is a solid screener on offense