2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So I was at tonight's game... Watching them in person.. yeah.. this team is very much getting swept in the 1st round. It doesn't matter who they play.
Who/what do you pin this on? Does BD take most of the blame? Is it the players for continuously showing up with no pride, toughness or fight? Does BD and the players share equal blame?

It’s very bizarre…they have 3 all star caliber players and if they play a good team, they’re automatically gonna go down by 20 at some point. Part of me wonders if the team lost all faith and buy in towards BD….but if that’s the case, they’re not winners. Either way, AKME has done a good job moving the needle somewhat, but they need to continue that in the off-season and make some big moves.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I was at tonight's game... Watching them in person.. yeah.. this team is very much getting swept in the 1st round. It doesn't matter who they play.
They would be swept by every team in the East except the Cavs...for some reason they do ok vs the Cavs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who/what do you pin this on? Does BD take most of the blame? Is it the players for continuously showing up with no pride, toughness or fight? Does BD and the players share equal blame?

It’s very bizarre…they have 3 all star caliber players and if they play a good team, they’re automatically gonna go down by 20 at some point. Part of me wonders if the team lost all faith and buy in towards BD….but if that’s the case, they’re not winners. Either way, AKME has done a good job moving the needle somewhat, but they need to continue that in the off-season and make some big moves.
I really don't know the answer to your questions or who exactly to blame. I'll just give you my observations, including some you didn't see on TV.

So I had the benefit of getting some rad free tickets that put me pretty close to the court and very close to the Bulls bench... DeMar and Zach yelled at each other on the bench during a timeout to the point Zach walked away and DeMar just sat down in silence. DeMar spent most of the game mad as hell every time he came to the bench during a timeout. He did chill out by the end when it was clear they lost and had many a conversation with Vuc and Tristan Thompson. The team still all seem very supportive of each other. High fives, fist bumps, all that when they came off the floor for subs.

So, really, I can't say. I can't say if that DeMar/Zach thing is anything at all. Media hasn't picked up on it at all, and I feel like they always pick up on that stuff. So could have just been a heated discussion about something happening in game. I couldn't tell what they were saying either, so it could have just been something about what the Celtics were doing for all I know. So I don't know if chemistry has become an issue or not. I was getting this feeling prior to last night's game that DeMar and Zach have stopped trusting their teammates as much as they used to.

As far as the game itself. It just seems like the Bulls had no flow or function to their offense. Boston does have the #1 ranked defense, so they probably easily put together a game plan that stops the Bulls function. DeMar didn't look himself at all, Zach looked absent. Really the only ones who looked like they could function within the offense was a little bit of Vuc (though his shit still couldn't fall), Coby White, and DJ Jr. The rest just looked awful. Ayo himself was probably one of the worst games I've seen from him.

As far as Donovan, I don't have much to say about him other than he yells at Coby White a lot. I can't say if the players have tuned him out or not. I guess we'll see how this team responds next year with what will probably be minor changes. I doubt they'll fire Donovan over this. He gets at least another season.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I really don't know the answer to your questions or who exactly to blame. I'll just give you my observations, including some you didn't see on TV.

So I had the benefit of getting some rad free tickets that put me pretty close to the court and very close to the Bulls bench... DeMar and Zach yelled at each other on the bench during a timeout to the point Zach walked away and DeMar just sat down in silence. DeMar spent most of the game mad as hell every time he came to the bench during a timeout. He did chill out by the end when it was clear they lost and had many a conversation with Vuc and Tristan Thompson. The team still all seem very supportive of each other. High fives, fist bumps, all that when they came off the floor for subs.

So, really, I can't say. I can't say if that DeMar/Zach thing is anything at all. Media hasn't picked up on it at all, and I feel like they always pick up on that stuff. So could have just been a heated discussion about something happening in game. I couldn't tell what they were saying either, so it could have just been something about what the Celtics were doing for all I know. So I don't know if chemistry has become an issue or not. I was getting this feeling prior to last night's game that DeMar and Zach have stopped trusting their teammates as much as they used to.

As far as the game itself. It just seems like the Bulls had no flow or function to their offense. Boston does have the #1 ranked defense, so they probably easily put together a game plan that stops the Bulls function. DeMar didn't look himself at all, Zach looked absent. Really the only ones who looked like they could function within the offense was a little bit of Vuc (though his shit still couldn't fall), Coby White, and DJ Jr. The rest just looked awful. Ayo himself was probably one of the worst games I've seen from him.

As far as Donovan, I don't have much to say about him other than he yells at Coby White a lot. I can't say if the players have tuned him out or not. I guess we'll see how this team responds next year with what will probably be minor changes. I doubt they'll fire Donovan over this. He gets at least another season.
Oh BD will certainly get at least next year…I just hope he yells at a lot more players than coby. The majority of the team needs a stern kick in the ass.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh BD will certainly get at least next year…I just hope he yells at a lot more players than coby. The majority of the team needs a stern kick in the ass.
Oh he might, but Coby stands out because at least five times during a stoppage in play (not a timeout) you'd hear Billy come by going "Coby! Coby!" then yell some stuff I couldn't understand. I've heard him do this on TV numerous times too this season.

Idk if Donovan wants Coby to be more and thinks he can be, thus gets extra coaching, or Coby is just bad and deserves to be yelled at a lot lol.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Oh he might, but Coby stands out because at least five times during a stoppage in play (not a timeout) you'd hear Billy come by going "Coby! Coby!" then yell some stuff I couldn't understand. I've heard him do this on TV numerous times too this season.

Idk if Donovan wants Coby to be more and thinks he can be, thus gets extra coaching, or Coby is just bad and deserves to be yelled at a lot lol.
If I had to guess, I would guess most of this yelling at coby comes when the bulls are on defense. Coby is always out of position defensively

going to the post of yours before this…I have noticed the sulking and pouting from Demar for quite a while now. it may very well be justified, but it’s not good to behave in that manner when you’re one of the leaders on the team and the veteran presence

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I had to guess, I would guess most of this yelling at coby comes when the bulls are on defense. Coby is always out of position defensively

going to the post of yours before this…I have noticed the sulking and pouting from Demar for quite a while now. it may very well be justified, but it’s not good to behave in that manner when you’re one of the leaders on the team and the veteran presence
Yeah I've noticed it on TV the last few games too. Really saw it in person.

A few timeouts last night, DeMar would just sit on the bench, alone, sulking/looking pissed off.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Probably a bit of both but the dumb turnovers, poor rotations, and overall lack of effort across the board should warrant a major bashing. The number of times I’ve seen bulls players just watch the ball and not try to rebound it until the opposition gets a chance to grab it is maddening. Makes me meltdown as a fan watching from home. If I were coaching the team, I would have called a TO and gone full Thibs. BD needs to get on these guys

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Probably a bit of both but the dumb turnovers, poor rotations, and overall lack of effort across the board should warrant a major bashing. The number of times I’ve seen bulls players just watch the ball and not try to rebound it until the opposition gets a chance to grab it is maddening. Makes me meltdown as a fan watching from home. If I were coaching the team, I would have called a TO and gone full Thibs. BD needs to get on these guys
Just because the cameras don’t catch BD screaming and yelling and throwing things, doesn’t mean he isn’t getting on them. You don’t have to go full 1980’s Bobby knight to show you care and get on your players. BD probably just keeps things like that out of the media…you know, like a professional should

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just because the cameras don’t catch BD screaming and yelling and throwing things, doesn’t mean he isn’t getting on them. You don’t have to go full 1980’s Bobby knight to show you care and get on your players. BD probably just keeps things like that out of the media…you know, like a professional should
Maybe. But when the effort and energy is as bad as it has been, an on court bashing is more than warranted…and professional basketball players should be able to handle it. If they can’t, they shouldn’t be here. Looking across the league at top coaches like Pop, spo, thibs etc they don’t hand hold and aren’t afraid to lay into people in game.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah I've noticed it on TV the last few games too. Really saw it in person.

A few timeouts last night, DeMar would just sit on the bench, alone, sulking/looking pissed off.
can you blame him though they were hot shit all year and now the writing is on the wall they've got nothing left....they gave up a LOT of easy baskets some entirely uncontested

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe. But when the effort and energy is as bad as it has been, an on court bashing is more than warranted…and professional basketball players should be able to handle it. If they can’t, they shouldn’t be here. Looking across the league at top coaches like Pop, spo, thibs etc they don’t hand hold and aren’t afraid to lay into people in game.
And I get that, and personally I would do it. But, I don’t think that’s BD’s style

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
can you blame him though they were hot shit all year and now the writing is on the wall they've got nothing left....they gave up a LOT of easy baskets some entirely uncontested
No, I wouldn't blame DeMar. But I also hope it isn't causing chemistry issues.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And I get that, and personally I would do it. But, I don’t think that’s BD’s style
That would explain why the team looks as dysfunctional as they are. They’re too talented to go down by 20+ points routinely against good teams. It’s basically guaranteed to happen. Can’t have a team full of sleep walkers and day dreamers without laying into them and losing your shit. I’ve been extremely unimpressed and disappointed with BD.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That would explain why the team looks as dysfunctional as they are. They’re too talented to go down by 20+ points routinely against good teams. It’s basically guaranteed to happen. Can’t have a team full of sleep walkers and day dreamers without laying into them and losing your shit. I’ve been extremely unimpressed and disappointed with BD.
BD not yelling and screaming on TV is what explains the team looks as dysfunctional as they are?

I criticize BD’s coaching, but I won’t criticize him for presenting himself in a professional manner in public lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And who's to say BD doesn't lay into them in the locker room/practice/other areas where the cameras aren't necessarily on. Or is the argument that he must lay into the team publicly?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
From my perspective the team looks lost, spiritless, and dysfunctional and that has to fall on BD to a large degree. If they didn’t look like a mess, we wouldn’t be talking about yelling lol…but because they do look dysfunctional, it’s a talking point.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And who's to say BD doesn't lay into them in the locker room/practice/other areas where the cameras aren't necessarily on. Or is the argument that he must lay into the team publicly?
This has been my point