I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In a game the bulls had a 20 point lead and still lead, coby has a by far team worst -16 +\-

get him the hell off the court if you want to win this damn game

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Got hairy, but they should have this one now. Up 13 with just over 4 min to play

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Another phantom foul call on Lonzo to help Lamelo

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
High ass scoring game. I actually thought this was gonna be over and kinda started doing something else and then saw the Bulls were only up 4...Then they pulled away again as I started watching.

Stratmaster

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So far, Coby White has been a negative when on the floor. List is a couple games, and each time he came in tonight the Bulls lead disappeared.

I want to see more Ayo.

Other than that, an elite offensive game from the Bulls and they played great defense when they had to.

In addition to his official assists, Lavine had 4 hockey assists and made at least 3 other passes where Vuc missed bunnies. He had one pass to Vuc where he didn't get the assist even though the basket was converted because the pass was tipped. I thought Zach had a great first half without scoring much.

The Bulls big 3 all showed up at the same time, and the result was 133 points.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So…we can all agree that the Bulls need a legit starting 4. Most say to flip Coby for that player. However, Coby has played like ass so far. Sure, there’s some rust there…but it’s not like teams are lining up to give away a really good 4 for Coby White. We may need to lower our expectations. PJ Washington would fit great and while he’s not a world beater, he’s a lockdown shooter with positional versatility.

It could perhaps be argued that Coby has more upside, but a swap of White for Washington does two things:

1. Gives the Bulls an upgrade at the 4 spot and a deadly floor spacer. Washington would play the role Williams was going to at a higher level than P-Will would this year.

2. Open up more minutes for Caruso and Ayo who are winning players and both deserve more minutes.

Who says no to this proposal?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So…we can all agree that the Bulls need a legit starting 4. Most say to flip Coby for that player. However, Coby has played like ass so far. Sure, there’s some rust there…but it’s not like teams are lining up to give away a really good 4 for Coby White. We may need to lower our expectations. PJ Washington would fit great and while he’s not a world beater, he’s a lockdown shooter with positional versatility.

It could perhaps be argued that Coby has more upside, but a swap of White for Washington does two things:

1. Gives the Bulls an upgrade at the 4 spot and a deadly floor spacer. Washington would play the role Williams was going to at a higher level than P-Will would this year.

2. Open up more minutes for Caruso and Ayo who are winning players and both deserve more minutes.

I’d love PJ on the team, but I don’t see Charlotte parting with him

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't say no, but I don't see that trade happening.

I'm not sure what the Bulls are going to get. Right now Coby White's value is pretty low.

As far as White, I was always willing to give him a month from his return from injury to get up to speed and get with the system. If we hit mid-December without any real improvement from him, yeah he needs to go by trade deadline.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Missed this one but glad to see Vucevic had a good game. Team needs him to be a consistent scorer on most nights.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, AK should just call Denver and say “Look, Jokic is going to leave in a couple years and come to the Bulls. Instead of losing him for nothing, we’ll give you Vuc, Williams, Coby, and 3 unprotected 1sts.” Let’s gooooo

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see the Bulls bounce back vs the zone defense. Can't recall for sure if they deployed the zone defense pretty much the entire time Coby was out there or not but if they did that would be one reason for his huge negative plus minus.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Bulls bounce back vs the zone defense. Can't recall for sure if they deployed the zone defense pretty much the entire time Coby was out there or not but if they did that would be one reason for his huge negative plus minus.
My big concern more so than the zone defense is the bulls have been getting killed in PnR and teams are setting multiple screens in single possessions and making the bulls run around to defend…they’ve struggled with it. Luckily CHA didn’t do too much of it yesterday. They also waited a while and didn’t run much zone which also benefitted the Bulls.

Miami played almost zone exclusively and seemingly set multiple screens every possession. That’s how teams are going to attack the Bulls

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My big concern more so than the zone defense is the bulls have been getting killed in PnR and teams are setting multiple screens in single possessions and making the bulls run around to defend…they’ve struggled with it. Luckily CHA didn’t do too much of it yesterday. They also waited a while and didn’t run much zone which also benefitted the Bulls.

Miami played almost zone exclusively and seemingly set multiple screens every possession. That’s how teams are going to attack the Bulls
Well multiscreen plays aren't a new thing, many teams are doing it. Miami is one example because they have a dynamic shooter in Duncan Robinson who massively benefits from that type of action, but of course GS has been doing it for the better part of the last decade now with the Splash Bros. Similarly PnR is just a part of basketball, that's something that every team uses. They're just going to have to figure it out. This is still a decently new group and they won't all be on a string after 20 games.

I do find it odd that with the amount of switching the Bulls do on defense that they still get destroyed by it, but it's definitely difficult for any single defender to get around a triple screen play. PnR is a different story, some of that is just scheme exploitation after a certain point. Then it's on BD to adjust the scheme on the fly

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well multiscreen plays aren't a new thing, many teams are doing it. Miami is one example because they have a dynamic shooter in Duncan Robinson who massively benefits from that type of action, but of course GS has been doing it for the better part of the last decade now with the Splash Bros. Similarly PnR is just a part of basketball, that's something that every team uses. They're just going to have to figure it out. This is still a decently new group and they won't all be on a string after 20 games.

I do find it odd that with the amount of switching the Bulls do on defense that they still get destroyed by it, but it's definitely difficult for any single defender to get around a triple screen play. PnR is a different story, some of that is just scheme exploitation after a certain point. Then it's on BD to adjust the scheme on the fly
Obviously not new lol but the Bulls have been struggling with it and need to tighten up. Part of it is Vuc being super slow but I’ve seen a lot of confusion on rotations and assignments as well

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So do we think coby getting back in game shape is going to fix him being awful at defense which he has always been? He's a low iq player that can score on good nights. On nights where he isn't scoring, he isn't worth having on the floor