I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Caruso. Maybe I’m a sucker for that type of player idk. Plus do we really want to add Simmons salary? Has to be a better investment available especially with lavine about to cash in max
Yeah, the salary matching is the challenge there. Bulls would have to give up white, Williams, DJJ, and still have to find like 12 mil in salary to give back in the trade lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Simmons had an attitude change.. and agreed to play a different role, I'd be for a player like Simmons. I question his ability to do either though.

But with that salary at the moment, nothing is happening on that front lol.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You got yourself tickets to the MLK Day Bulls/Grizzlies game, right?
I do actually. Not quite as good of seats…but still like 12th row, I believe

Course that’s assuming both teams have enough non covid players to go come then lol

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Where would we be without DeMar DeRozan? He deserves legit MVP consideration.

DeMar the All Star

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly gotta say I view DeMar as more MVP of the team than Zach. Both good players, but I think DeMar is the more valuable guy at this time.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Honestly gotta say I view DeMar as more MVP of the team than Zach. Both good players, but I think DeMar is the more valuable guy at this time.
Yep. He’s been phenomenal and has been even better than I expected…and I expected a lot

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty simple, they're both great, but DeMar makes Zach better, I don't necessarily see Zach making DeMar better, and that's not a knock on Zach. He just doesn't need to, there isn't a shot that DeMar can't get already.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep. He’s been phenomenal and has been even better than I expected…and I expected a lot
I expected San Antonio DeMar, and instead got Toronto DeMar, except he's wiser.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, curious for you all. I don't follow the contract stuff much, but his 3 year 81M I think was viewed as high when he was signed, and I'm assuming it looks good now, but is it inline with how he's playing or is he a bit of a bargin now? I don't know how it compares to the other players doing what he's doing right now?

Yes, I know it's only year 1.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, curious for you all. I don't follow the contract stuff much, but his 3 year 81M I think was viewed as high when he was signed, and I'm assuming it looks good now, but is it inline with how he's playing or is he a bit of a bargin now? I don't know how it compares to the other players doing what he's doing right now?

Yes, I know it's only year 1.
I honestly don't know why anyone in the media hated that contract. ESPN calling it the worst signing of the offseason was always suspicious and they're probably just mad he didn't sign with the Lakers (not that he could because they stupidly traded for Westbrook).

The only gripe they have is if the Bulls give Lavine the max next season, they're well into luxury tax territory for the next two years and this is a franchise that has historically not paid the luxury tax unless the owner felt the team could actually win a championship. Of course the owner isn't very involved anymore, and his son is, and we have no idea what his actual philosophy is.

Of course the Bulls making a deep run may convince them to spend however they like.. or they may not even care about that anymore... Not many teams don't pay the luxury tax and actually compete in the modern NBA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
DeMar is so damn good.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
DeMar has mastered the lost art of the mid range J. He has an incredible nack of getting to anywhere he wants on the court. Very Sam Cassel like

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
My love for DeMar is widely known but the team in general is really impressing me. Such resilience to keep winning games with some of our best players being out. This is shaping up to be a Cinderella season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know why anyone in the media hated that contract. ESPN calling it the worst signing of the offseason was always suspicious and they're probably just mad he didn't sign with the Lakers (not that he could because they stupidly traded for Westbrook).

The only gripe they have is if the Bulls give Lavine the max next season, they're well into luxury tax territory for the next two years and this is a franchise that has historically not paid the luxury tax unless the owner felt the team could actually win a championship. Of course the owner isn't very involved anymore, and his son is, and we have no idea what his actual philosophy is.

Of course the Bulls making a deep run may convince them to spend however they like.. or they may not even care about that anymore... Not many teams don't pay the luxury tax and actually compete in the modern NBA.
I couldn't wrap my head around them calling it such a bad contract because to me that implies terms and amount. But they were saying that in relation to they didn't think he had anything left in the tank and I had not idea. They made it sound so bad that I just assumed the almost 30 a year was still a big number, but then looking around he seems to be out playing it at this point.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was way wrong about DeMar. No disrespect to LaVine but we'd def be treading at or below .500 without him.
I think the same could be said if Lavine wasn’t on the team too.

That’s what happens when you remove one of the top two players on the roster, no matter which order you believe them to be

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I think the same could be said if Lavine wasn’t on the team too.

That’s what happens when you remove one of the top two players on the roster, no matter which order you believe them to be
Agreed. In short spans I believe we can hold out without one or the other but won't work for long stretches'. Even the Lakers were working to defend DDR as if he was the only player on the team. He was just balling on another level last night in the 4th. I'm sure it would take a toll when every team we played did the same.