2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Team is obviously pretty tired after all the recent late game heroics

Coby White putting the team on his back, making it hard for AK and Eversley to trade him.
Not making it hard to trade him at all. Hopefully increasing his return though.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

absolutely. He's been a key component for us winning the past 2 games. He's really turned it around.

It's uncanny how everyone on this team, from the starters to the end-of-bench guys, are taking turns having their best seasons ever.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It would have to be a nice return. If he keeps it up, scoring, playing defense, creating plays, he’s a huge piece of the bench. Trade him if a great deal presents himself but I wouldn’t dump him for any ol big

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DeMar apparently stayed after the game and shot 250 free throws as he's mad at himself for missing so many lately.
He has been quite uncharacteristic of late (7/13 last night I believe) with the misses. Hopefully he gets back to being basically automatic after that little session and some rest.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It would have to be a nice return. If he keeps it up, scoring, playing defense, creating plays, he’s a huge piece of the bench. Trade him if a great deal presents himself but I wouldn’t dump him for any ol big
I'm all for trading him, but yeah the return has to be nice and something for the future. I don't want a one year bench PF rental for him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He has been quite uncharacteristic of late (7/13 last night I believe) with the misses. Hopefully he gets back to being basically automatic after that little session and some rest.
He missed 3 vs Washington, then 6 last night.. so he's been off the past two games. He knows it at least and is putting in work. Exactly the opposite of Ben Simmons lol.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Zach, Demar and Lonzo all had off shooting nights yesterday but that's when guys like Coby become so important. It's encouraging to see the Bulls still winning games despite our best players underperforming (by their standards).

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aaaaand the, “we can’t trade coby unless it’s for some unrealistic haul” begins lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Aaaaand the, “we can’t trade coby unless it’s for some unrealistic haul” begins lol
I just said I don't want a one year bench rental.

I'm not expecting an All-Star in return for Coby White.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just said I don't want a one year bench rental.

I'm not expecting an All-Star in return for Coby White.
Never said you did

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I feel he has only increased his trade value and it couldn't be perfect timing. Look at what has happened in Houston. Maybe we could make a package to snipe both Wood and KPJ from them. People are so trained to the old GarPax ways. They fall in love with drafted players to easily and don't want to trade them to get better. The NBA is filled with Cobys.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

He's young, and a gifted scorer. It was easy to say "trade him" when he looked like he was hurting us, But now he's helping us win games. It becomes more difficult to trade him. But these are good problems to have. That's why GMs get paid the big bucks.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's young, and a gifted scorer. It was easy to say "trade him" when he looked like he was hurting us, But now he's helping us win games. It becomes more difficult to trade him. But these are good problems to have. That's why GMs get paid the big bucks.
It actually becomes easier to trade him the better he plays. Again, we’ve seen flashes of this from coby before…maybe he does sustain it this time, but I’d rather that be another teams gamble, personally

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It actually becomes easier to trade him the better he plays. Again, we’ve seen flashes of this from coby before…maybe he does sustain it this time, but I’d rather that be another teams gamble, personally
I’ve never seen him play this type of defense and making consistent good decisions like this before. I’ve seen him go on scoring streaks, but I’ve never seen him look so comfortable and play this well all around. Don’t think anyone said not to trade him but don’t just dump him for some marginal PF/C.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ve never seen him play this type of defense and making consistent good decisions like this before. I’ve seen him go on scoring streaks, but I’ve never seen him look so comfortable and play this well all around. Don’t think anyone said not to trade him but don’t just dump him for some marginal PF/C.
Give it another week, if coby keeps playing like this…

and I hope he does

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

and I hope he does
We only have one more game this week, I'd give it a few more weeks.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

and I hope he does
There's pretty much zero that could stop me from trading coby. If he plays well that's just a bonus in what we get in return. He will always be a defensive liability against good scorers. He'll also always be a solid scorer. Those guys are replaceable.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We only have one more game this week, I'd give it a few more weeks.
give it another week, means give it a week from today. That would be 3 games…but you already knew this…

Enasic

Liked Posts:
There's pretty much zero that could stop me from trading coby. If he plays well that's just a bonus in what we get in return. He will always be a defensive liability against good scorers. He'll also always be a solid scorer. Those guys are replaceable.
Can’t say I agree with the definitive “he will always be a defensive liability against good scorers.” He’s only 21. Most youngins take time to develop defensively, look at LaVine. He’s turned himself into a plus defender, but it took a long time

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can’t say I agree with the definitive “he will always be a defensive liability against good scorers.” He’s only 21. Most youngins take time to develop defensively, look at LaVine. He’s turned himself into a plus defender, but it took a long time
I think it has more to do with size limitations than anything else. It will always hamper him defensively.