2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Vucevic has been a liability on offense. Been that way since the pre-season. I hope he gets it figured out quick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vucevic has been a liability on offense. Been that way since the pre-season. I hope he gets it figured out quick.
Hard to shoot tired.

He is too concerned with fighting for every board.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Vuc 1 on 1 in the post with embiid would be a wasted possession

LOL but what about Drummond ? That's really just a poor excuse to not to give him the ball ion the post and allow him to operate and its hurting the team more than helping.

Vuc has traditionally played well against Embid before joining the Bulls but suddenly we cant give him the ball on the block?

This is on the coach and the guards who seem to struggle with feeding the post .They are far too impatient when feeding the post and quickly go away from it to settle for long chucks.

Feed him in the post let him draw the double and then kick it out for set shooters (especially against guys like Embid and Drummond) and as the season has gone on weve gotten further and further away from, that

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
LOL but what about Drummond ? That's really just a poor excuse to not to give him the ball ion the post and allow him to operate and its hurting the team more than helping.

Vuc has traditionally played well against Embid before joining the Bulls but suddenly we cant give him the ball on the block?

This is on the coach and the guards who seem to struggle with feeding the post .They are far too impatient when feeding the post and quickly go away from it to settle for long chucks.

Feed him in the post let him draw the double and then kick it out for set shooters (especially against guys like Embid and Drummond) and as the season has gone on weve gotten further and further away from, that
Nobody is doubling vuc with embiid guarding him and probably not with Drummond either.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nobody is doubling vuc with embiid guarding him and probably not with Drummond either.

because they know we are not gonna give him the ball consistently on the block choosing instead to chuck up long jumpers .

I find it strange that you've convinced yourself that Vuc has never successfully posted up Drummond or Embid considering hes played in the East against BOTH for the last few years by choosing to toss out years of factual evidence for 8 games of play .

Vuc outside game is a compliment to his inside game but the team basically asking him to ignore it and go all outside is a recipe for disaster because we have enough perimeter chucker's

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
because they know we are not gonna give him the ball consistently on the block choosing instead to chuck up long jumpers .

I find it strange that you've convinced yourself that Vuc has never successfully posted up Drummond or Embid considering hes played in the East against BOTH for the last few years by choosing to toss out years of factual evidence for 8 games of play .

Vuc outside game is a compliment to his inside game but the team basically asking him to ignore it and go all outside is a recipe for disaster because we have enough perimeter chucker's
I'm looking at the fact Vuc is a good player but has always been kind of soft. Embiid is bigger, more physical and possibly the most dominant big in the game on both ends of the floor. I'd rather not waste possessions on vuc going one on one with embiid and likely losing. I'm fine if they want to target Drummond, but 6ers still wouldn't double. Doubling is for when a guy is overpowered. Drummond isn't going to get overpowered by anyone

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
I'm looking at the fact Vuc is a good player but has always been kind of soft. Embiid is bigger, more physical and possibly the most dominant big in the game on both ends of the floor. I'd rather not waste possessions on vuc going one on one with embiid and likely losing. I'm fine if they want to target Drummond, but 6ers still wouldn't double. Doubling is for when a guy is overpowered. Drummond isn't going to get overpowered by anyone
I wonder with out assets can wr get KAT

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Ayo gets a spot in this game in 2nd Q. He will once again show himself as a bully and get some points and boards. What a late round pick up by the Bulls.

Well he got his spot and fizzled out going 1/5. Not too discouraged as he is still learning the NBA game and how to fit in his current role.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I wonder with out assets can wr get KAT
Doubt KAT gets traded this season, though I’ve always believed he will eventually force his way out. Who wants to be young and rich and willingly stay in Minneapolis for a historically shitty franchise? It will be interesting to see what happens. I’ve always believed that one of AKME’s top goals was getting Jokic or Towns, Jokic obviously being the top target.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

S9ince when has Vuc been soft on the block ? Dude averaged over 20 ppg by scoring on the block in the same conference as these guys and somehow we should encourage him to chuck jumpers on a team with an abundance of jump shooters already because you think hes scared .

Somehow posting Vuc up is wasted possession but him shooting solely threes on a team of guards is somehow going to be more effective.

We went into Vuc on the post and he scored right over Drummond and then came back and fed him again and he kicked it out to Zach who stepped right into a three and knocked it down .

I dont know who you have been watching but Vuc has scored on basically every big in the the league last 5 years in the post and shot a high percentage going it . You don't get to averages of 20+ points without it and while they are not coming with a hard double team if he gets in good possession help is coming which is what we want regardless of how soft you believe he is the fact is hes established himself as a scorer on the block and perimeter against anybody .

The way teams are playing him is not a reflection on his skill but because of the way teams view the rest of the team and if they are capable and willing to be patient enough to feed him in the post and so far our team is showing that they dont .

The 3 man weave they do at the top is only going to work for so long with Vuc being the only big screener especially when you Zach is the only player with a quick trigger from three . Posting Vuc is a better possession than Green, Caruso, Ayo, and Demar tossing up threes or long twos late in the shot clock or forcing passing and turning it over.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
S9ince when has Vuc been soft on the block ? Dude averaged over 20 ppg by scoring on the block in the same conference as these guys and somehow we should encourage him to chuck jumpers on a team with an abundance of jump shooters already because you think hes scared .

Somehow posting Vuc up is wasted possession but him shooting solely threes on a team of guards is somehow going to be more effective.

We went into Vuc on the post and he scored right over Drummond and then came back and fed him again and he kicked it out to Zach who stepped right into a three and knocked it down .

I dont know who you have been watching but Vuc has scored on basically every big in the the league last 5 years in the post and shot a high percentage going it . You don't get to averages of 20+ points without it and while they are not coming with a hard double team if he gets in good possession help is coming which is what we want regardless of how soft you believe he is the fact is hes established himself as a scorer on the block and perimeter against anybody .

The way teams are playing him is not a reflection on his skill but because of the way teams view the rest of the team and if they are capable and willing to be patient enough to feed him in the post and so far our team is showing that they dont .

The 3 man weave they do at the top is only going to work for so long with Vuc being the only big screener especially when you Zach is the only player with a quick trigger from three . Posting Vuc is a better possession than Green, Caruso, Ayo, and Demar tossing up threes or long twos late in the shot clock or forcing passing and turning it over.
Yeah we obviously disagree on what Vuc is as a player. Not really worth discussing any further

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
These last two games are why I don't get too excited about a team early.

Really, Bulls should have split the doubleheader vs the Sixers, instead lost both.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brooklyn Nets (7-3) at Chicago Bulls (6-3)

Projected Starters

Chicago Bulls
PG - Lonzo Ball
SG - Zach Lavine
SF - DeMar DeRozan
PF - Javonte Green
C - Nikola Vucevic

Brooklyn Nets
PG - James Harden
SG - Joe Harris
SF - Bruce Brown
PF - Kevin Durant
C - Blake Griffin

Notable Injuries
Bulls
Coby White - shoulder
Patrick Williams - dislocated wrist

Nets
Nic Claxton - illness
Kyrie Irving - Covid 19 Vaccine Protest

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Time for a bounce back!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nice first quarter by the bulls

up 35-27

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they deploy the young guy we poached from them tonight.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aldridge just made Vuc his bitch twice

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Vuc still can’t get a shot to fall

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Vuc is playing like trash and it's hurt us in multiple games now.