Stratmaster

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Miami doubled Lavine every time he touched the ball. The combination of that and the shell zone defenses kept Zach out of the paint all night.

The Bulls have no real offensive strategy. Billy got outcoached by Spoelstra. By this point of the season the Bulls should have a functional offensive approach to attack these zone defenses. They don't.

Billy is also getting outcoached on rotations. Prime example being the disappearance of Ayo and Coby White going right back to getting entitlement minutes. Ayo was having a positive impact. Coby has been a contributing factor in the last 3 Bulls losses. Frankly, the Bulls were better without him. If Coby is red hot then by all means give him 24 minutes. If he starts turning the ball over or isn't hitting his shot, get him off the court after 10 minutes.

Vuc has got to give the Bulls some scoring or Lavine is going to get smothered all season.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Miami doubled Lavine every time he touched the ball. The combination of that and the shell zone defenses kept Zach out of the paint all night.

The Bulls have no real offensive strategy. Billy got outcoached by Spoelstra. By this point of the season the Bulls should have a functional offensive approach to attack these zone defenses. They don't.

Billy is also getting outcoached on rotations. Prime example being the disappearance of Ayo and Coby White going right back to getting entitlement minutes. Ayo was having a positive impact. Coby has been a contributing factor in the last 3 Bulls losses. Frankly, the Bulls were better without him. If Coby is red hot then by all means give him 24 minutes. If he starts turning the ball over or isn't hitting his shot, get him off the court after 10 minutes.

Vuc has got to give the Bulls some scoring or Lavine is going to get smothered all season.
Coach Spo doesnt get the credit he deserves as a coach, and probably never will. He will always be thought of as the guy that had lebron wade and bosh…even though he’s actually a hell of a coach

Billy absolutely has to figure something out for against these zones.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby White scoring this well is encouraging. Taking 3s with no fear
Taking 3’s confidently has never been cobys problem

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Coach Spo doesnt get the credit he deserves as a coach, and probably never will. He will always be thought of as the guy that had lebron wade and bosh…even though he’s actually a hell of a coach

Billy absolutely has to figure something out for against these zones.
Spo is a top coach in the league

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I wonder what the bulls can get for Vuc…he’s really been kinda just there and not a great fit with the group. He’s slow, unathletic, and low energy. Not aggressive. No toughness. He is a good rebounder though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, we need to get Vuc help not get rid of him.

He needs a quick long rebounding stout defender like Faried to battle next to him.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
I also agree we don't have any plan of attack against the zone. It's 2 parts of ignorance. It's like none of the bulls players came from college and have seen a zone defense before. Like they forgot all there college experiences. Every player has played against a zone in there collegiate career.
And our coach has to take some blame also. Like what is the plan against a zone. Every team that plays zone against us we struggled. He'll Donavan was a former college coach we should be killing a zone defense. Basketball101!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I also agree we don't have any plan of attack against the zone. It's 2 parts of ignorance. It's like none of the bulls players came from college and have seen a zone defense before. Like they forgot all there college experiences. Every player has played against a zone in there collegiate career.
And our coach has to take some blame also. Like what is the plan against a zone. Every team that plays zone against us we struggled. He'll Donavan was a former college coach we should be killing a zone defense. Basketball101!
Zone defense isn’t difficult to attack. It’s all about the big men at the top of the paint. Vuc knows what to do, and he goes to that spot often. His shots just haven’t been dropping. Issue is more when Vuc isn’t out there. The bulls don’t have anyone else with height to see and pass over the zone easily, that also has the hands for it

The other issue is DD and ZL need to be better passers out of the double teams when they come. They both need to do a better job of anticipating them and finding the open guy out of them. Ball movement is what kills those double teams

These are things the bulls will have to play through and figure out. I’m definitely happy they are dealing with it now, so that they will have it figured out come playoff time hopefully

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No, we need to get Vuc help not get rid of him.

He needs a quick long rebounding stout defender like Faried to battle next to him.
Honestly, I think he needs a kick in the nuts more than anything. A long rebounder isn’t going to lend him some balls to be aggressive and strong inside rather than being passive and weak with the ball.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lonzo owning the matchup with Lamelo early

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Vuc just won’t look to score. Was in the post and didn’t even make a move. Immediately passed the ball. Need his post presence

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
PJ is killing us with those spot up 3’s. Always liked him

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Weird to say, but bulls need to worry about PJ Washington and Kelly oubre jr. they are both knock down 3 point shooters

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They are attacking coby constantly with oubre. Bulls switch Ayo on him and oubre misses the shot. Coincidence?!