My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wonder if the Bulls give in and trade PWill and DJJ for Jerami Grant or not lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Vucevic is just plain bad. Not sure exactly what happened to him, but it’s clear at this point this just isn’t going to get any better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't even beat this crappy Magic team wow. I know we're decimated by injury but wow

Also Ayo has gone back to being scared and passive. Whatever got into him the first 3 games of starting has vanished

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know it's bad when the Magic announcers are making fun of you

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Vuc and Coby 3/15 from 3 combined

Bulls really have little outside shooting with Zach and Lonzo out

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe an unpopular take given that Vuc has been just bad in general, but I think he should stick to the midrange shots on the pick and pops...he seems to make those at a much higher rate. Whatever happened to him between last year and this year he just can't shoot 3s anymore

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Maybe an unpopular take given that Vuc has been just bad in general, but I think he should stick to the midrange shots on the pick and pops...he seems to make those at a much higher rate. Whatever happened to him between last year and this year he just can't shoot 3s anymore
I think Vuc needs Zach/Lonzo/Demar out there to be any good. He just has no space to work and he seems to be really fragile this year. Don't know what is going on with him. You can see the frustration and he is obviously not a good player when frustrated.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Vuc needs Zach/Lonzo/Demar out there to be any good. He just has no space to work and he seems to be really fragile this year. Don't know what is going on with him. You can see the frustration and he is obviously not a good player when frustrated.
The only reason I would disagree slightly is that last year Vuc was still pretty dominant. Last year with us he averaged 21.5 ppg on 47/39/87 FG/3pt/FT. He and Zach were the whole offense basically with some Coby white mixed in. He didn't need anyone to be effective in Orlando.

One can argue that perhaps his 3pt shooting is streaky at best and he was just lucky last year to shoot 40% on the season. He's regressed all the way down to 32% this year which is pretty wild. There's just something going on with him this year or something. His shot selection feels basically the same, but he's missing everything. It's honestly panning out to probably be his worst year ever except maybe his rookie year. Other than something mental I am not sure what the deal is. He's one year removed from being an All Star.

You mention the frustration and that's definitely probably snowballed by this point. He knows he should be better but still isn't. Maybe at this point in the year he's just in his own head unless he gets off to a good start.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Vucevic is just plain bad. Not sure exactly what happened to him, but it’s clear at this point this just isn’t going to get any better.
He doesn’t have a winner’s motor and while he’s skilled, he’s not skilled enough to get by playing like a dispirited oaf. Not much the bulls could do though….he’s the only true C on the roster and you’re not going to upgrade the position by trading him. The hope is you could sign Joker since his deal expires when Vuc’s does

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He doesn’t have a winner’s motor and while he’s skilled, he’s not skilled enough to get by playing like a dispirited oaf. Not much the bulls could do though….he’s the only true C on the roster and you’re not going to upgrade the position by trading him. The hope is you could sign Joker since his deal expires when Vuc’s does
Would have to be some sort of sign-and-trade.. which does seem to be quite popular now.. so it could happen. But straight up signing him won't happen.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only reason I would disagree slightly is that last year Vuc was still pretty dominant. Last year with us he averaged 21.5 ppg on 47/39/87 FG/3pt/FT. He and Zach were the whole offense basically with some Coby white mixed in. He didn't need anyone to be effective in Orlando.

One can argue that perhaps his 3pt shooting is streaky at best and he was just lucky last year to shoot 40% on the season. He's regressed all the way down to 32% this year which is pretty wild. There's just something going on with him this year or something. His shot selection feels basically the same, but he's missing everything. It's honestly panning out to probably be his worst year ever except maybe his rookie year. Other than something mental I am not sure what the deal is. He's one year removed from being an All Star.

You mention the frustration and that's definitely probably snowballed by this point. He knows he should be better but still isn't. Maybe at this point in the year he's just in his own head unless he gets off to a good start.
Thing is, this is his time to shine with the injuries, and instead.. he just doesn't look like he fits much. The bricked 3 point shots, makes me want to have them tell him to stop shooting those.

The Bulls don't need him to go out and average 24 ppg like he did in Orlando, but surely some better shooting/consistently should be in store, but we're just not seeing it. But it doesn't matter if it's a 3 or 2, he's just not making them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago…where 3-point shooters go to die.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The problem is not Vuc the problem is Donovans offense and he has to make any adjustments to it .

I doubt Vuc believed he would have to be playing second fiddle to Coby White in this offense . In last nights game the first 5 minutes they didn't give Vuc the ball in any type of scoring position not one time . In the meantime the 3 perimeter guys are chucking and turning it over left and right . It took Billy calling timeout at the 7 minute mark to get them to run a play for Vuc in the post .

Looking back over Donavon's career I dont think hes ever had an offensive bigman and the bigs hes had have all been defensive minded screen and hustle guys who can make an open jumpshot .

When I watch Joker or Embid their entire team is working to get those guys the ball in the premium positions and then playing off that . They dont have to go looking for shots because the plays are designed to get them good looks and touches .

More often than not Donovans offense is designed for Vuc to be the bailout guy at the mercy of the guards who all the plays are designed for. We have this huge center running around 23 feet from the basket constantly looking to set screens for Coby or Ayo ? Why have him waste all that energy so early in the game when we are short handed

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I didn't see the game yesterday but I don't think Vuc really fits in well with this team. We need someone more athletic at the C spot. He's so painfully slow and unathletic.

It doesn't help that his shooting stroke is suddenly broken, you could hide his deficiencies if he was at least scoring well. But that's all you'd be doing is hiding them. Vuc has been outplayed by 3rd string centers this year a little too often for my liking. I think he'll get exposed in the playoffs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing is, this is his time to shine with the injuries, and instead.. he just doesn't look like he fits much. The bricked 3 point shots, makes me want to have them tell him to stop shooting those.

The Bulls don't need him to go out and average 24 ppg like he did in Orlando, but surely some better shooting/consistently should be in store, but we're just not seeing it. But it doesn't matter if it's a 3 or 2, he's just not making them.
I mean you're not wrong. He should absolutely be the #2 guy in this offense right now, and his shot attempts speak to that, but his shooting has done a 180 since last season. Doesn't matter the shot, it's just not dropping this year. I thought maybe it was a slow start back in November, but here we are at the end of January and it's the same thing still.

Idk, maybe he's just suddenly garbage and he'll be out of the league in 2 years. Maybe BD completely changed the offense from last year to this year and now Vuc is irrelevant. But fit or no fit, that doesn't explain missing easy hook shots that he made on the regular last year. Whatever it is, he's not who we need him to be, or what he's capable of being

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I always thought that was the ultimate goal. I think AK dream would be to use him as a stop gap for Jokic. I’m worried though because I don’t think anyone thought Vucevic would just fall of a cliff offensively like he has. TS% below 50 which is abysmal for a 7 footer. I don’t think you trade him unless you get an offer you can’t refuse, but I’ll say at this point a guy like Myles Turner would probably be better for the Bulls. At least that’s a guy that can finish around the basket and play high level defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Billy Donovan had Al Horford and Noah in college, Adams and others in OKC…and he is excellent at drawing up a post player layup during a timeout, IMO.
I don’t want to hate on the Carter trade for multiple reasons, but knowing what we know now he obviously fit this team better. At the time they needed shooting and that void ended up getting filled, while Williams exacerbated the biggest flaw we came into this season with.
Vuc is probably tired. It’s hard to shoot when your banging a lot or pick up leg issues.