• Yes - different amount (post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knoxville7 is willing to play and host a Yahoo KEEPER league. Please post if interested. Likely a modest $25 to make it interesting. Post & vote above if you're cool with that or if only play for pride. 10-12 teams tops. This will repeat next year and on. *Please don't join if you're a flake or expect to die of Covid before next year.

If new to keeper leagues, it starts like normal, but next year you get to keep 3 players from this year's roster to draft at the same round you drafted them in before (*edit: just 1 Rd higher). The rest of everybody's rosters go back into the draft pool.
If you want to keep a undrafted waiver pickup you added at some point this season, they keep in the lowest Rd & work up from last Rd if you keep 2 UDFAs.

To keep it easy on our commish & our own sanity, plus allow some flexibility year to year, how's we only keep 3 from the previous year and you can only keep a player twice (3 years total: 1st draft + 2 keeps). Remember the kept player is redrafted at the same Round you first picked him at + move up 1 Rd each time kept (ex. Draft a guy in 9th, 2nd year you keep him he's drafted in 8th, etc). This makes late round rookies valuable when drafting.

Who's in:
Knoxville7
Starion
ijustposthere
BNB
mceown22
dentfan
Leomaz

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’ve always wanted to be in a keeper league.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’m in.
One thing that was interesting in a keeper league I did a while back was you could only start a rookie in your flex. It made for some great strategy. Thoughts?

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes let's do it. Years and years or regular league experience but never played dynasty / keeper. The first year is basically the same as a normal fantasy league correct?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yes let's do it. Years and years or regular league experience but never played dynasty / keeper. The first year is basically the same as a normal fantasy league correct?
Yeah. It just needs to be worked out which rounds are used to keep a UDFA. I think we are going last round up, and I’m pretty sure we are keeping it same round drafted and a two year keep.

Most keeper leagues I’ve played in over the years move the round up per year, so if I drafted Lamar Jackson in the fifth this year, next year’d cost a fourth. I prefer this, but will go with the flow.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I'd be down for any kind of league

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd be in. Been wanting to try one

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m in.
One thing that was interesting in a keeper league I did a while back was you could only start a rookie in your flex. It made for some great strategy. Thoughts?

*edited*
Does sound interesting, so long as it's easy for the commish to juggle.

It'd also increase the draft value of rookies and lower their redraft value as keeper steals? Kind've forces drafting rookies a bit earlier and taking a chance since everybody would want them.

Yeah. It just needs to be worked out which rounds are used to keep a UDFA. I think we are going last round up, and I’m pretty sure we are keeping it same round drafted and a two year keep.

Most keeper leagues I’ve played in over the years move the round up per year, so if I drafted Lamar Jackson in the fifth this year, next year’d cost a fourth. I prefer this, but will go with the flow.

^Sounds cool and easy enough to manage I think? Yahoo can automate owners picking their redrafts and plugs em in. Would the commish need to alter them all pre-draft to move 1 round up? Is he willing?
It does put more pressure on letting some keepers go, esp. if they're close to their redraft value already.

What happens if you want to redraft a player that was a 1st Rd pick last year? Forced to let him go? I'm cool with that actually. Less value on getting lucky at pick #1 to snag McCaffery once & keep him for 2 more years, even at pick 12 the next year. Maybe this doesn't happen often tho.

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Need 3-5 more playas.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Does sound interesting, but it's another thing for the commish to have to juggle. And owners for that matter. I'll have several teams this season & would rather keep it manageable, but just me.
It'd also increase the draft value of rookies and lower their redraft value as keeper steals? Kind've forces drafting rookies a bit earlier and taking a chance since everybody would want them.

^Sounds cool and easy enough to manage I think? Yahoo can automate owners picking their redrafts and plugs em in. Would the commish need to alter them all pre-draft? Is he willing?
It does put more pressure on letting some keepers go, esp. if they're close to their redraft value already.

What happens if you want to redraft a player that was a 1st Rd pick last year? Forced to let him go? I'm cool with that actually. Less value on getting lucky at pick #1 to snag McCaffery once & keep him for 2 more years, even at pick 12 the next year. Maybe this doesn't happen often tho.

If you had used a first then you had to use a first again, If I remember correctly. But, I do like the idea that all 1st rounders go back into the pool. It makes it a much more strategic draft and keeps it competitive.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still need 3 more people for this to happen.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I find the best way is to just get started and the rest shall follow.

im sending those that already wanted in a keeper league a link to one that I started for us

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, what we thinking…3 keepers? I’d rather not do more than 3 personally. And then having each keeper cost you your pick in a round earlier than what they were drafted?

figure start hammering out the rules now

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes - agree on 3. I like 1 earlier than drafted round. Don't have to keep 3, but usually there's some late picks who get better over the year worth keeping to draft lower than value. This is only my 2nd season doing a keeper after inheriting a team last year (that was so bad I kept Mostert, A Brown, & Slayton ?) Thanks Knox

Also:
- typical rosters? 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, DEF, K, 6 bench, 1 IR?
- I'm cool with an extra bench spot if we end up with only 10 teams. ???
- 1/2 PPR
- 4 or 6pt TDs for QBs? (default is 4 IIRC)
- Hell, if only 10 teams, we could go 2 QBs??
- 2nd flex spot? (TE/WR/RB) I've not seen this done but think I like it > 3 WRs. Not sure.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Alright, we got 7 of us signed up. Now to find 3 - 5 more people

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Think we might have two more joining. Gives us 9. Need 1 or 3 more

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can probably fill from my local keeper league.

Thoughts on a 2nd flex w/ 16 rounds (keep 6 bench)?
Seems each year, it kinds sucks to have to sit good options when depth should be rewarded.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We have 2 open spots left if anyone else wants to get in. We have 10 currently. Also, those that are already in the league…check your messages on CCS about your $25 buy in. Let’s have some fun boys!