• Yes - different amount (post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's discuss & clarify rules before we start. I put the following above & by our commish Knoxville7 who approved.
Please comment if beef or suggestions:

Keepers:
* 3 max players per year re-drafted.
* redraft @1 Rd earlier than prior year. This means no keeping a 1st Rd. player from prior year. Also lessens the impact of a lucky or shit draft position this year carrying over for years to follow. (ex. no McCaff or Cook at pick 1.11 or 1.12 next year).
*Can keep a player 2 years after the initial draft year, then released. 3 total.

Roster:
* 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, DEF, K, 6 bench, 1 IR. *Knox has since added a superflex second Flex position if you didn't notice. This means an additional flex of any of: RB/WR/TE.
* I suggest simply adding a spot to start 2 QBs if this is the case and/or a second flex of RB/WR/TE, which would be fun to play extra roster players since we're only a 10 team league!
* add another draft round or 2 (keep 6 bench spots)

Playoffs:
* top 6 of the 10 teams are in
* top 2 get a 1st Rd. bye

Prizes: $250 pot
1st = $150
2nd = $75
3rd = $25

Responsibility to the new league:
* "Halfway Humble": some sort of public mockery penalty to whoever is in last place (least total points scored) after week 9??? I've been drinking tonight & came up with this concept while posting here, so let's have some fun with this...get creative!
= Loser creates a thread with pic or vid of them doing _____________ for all of CCS to mock, leer, or cheer. ?
(truffle shuffle?)

Truffle Shufflin.gif

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Let's discuss & clarify rules before we start. I put the following above & by our commish Knoxville7 who approved.

Keepers:
* redraft @1 Rd earlier than prior year. This means no keeping a 1st Rd. player from prior year. Also lessens the impact of a lucky or shit draft position this year carrying over for years to follow. (ex. no McCaff or Cook at pick 1.11 or 1.12 next year).
*Can keep a player 2 years after the initial draft year, then released. 3 total.

Roster:
* 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, DEF, K, 6 bench, 1 IR. *Knox has since added a superflex position if you didn't notice. This means an additional flex of any of: QB/RB/WR/TE.
* I suggest simply adding a spot to start 2 QBs if this is the case and/or a second flex of RB/WR/TE, which would be fun to play extra roster players since we're only a 10 team league!

Playoffs:

1st = $150
2nd = $75
3rd = $25

* "Halfway Humble": some sort of public mockery penalty to whoever is in last place (least total points scored) after week 9??? I've been drinking tonight & came up with this concept while posting here, so let's have some fun with this...get creative!
= Loser creates a thread with pic or vid of them doing _____________ for all of CCS to mock, leer, or cheer. ?
(truffle shuffle?)

View attachment 13471
I’m for everything but the Trufflin.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How does everybody feel that since we have an extra super flex, we use it only for a rookie?

basically, only a rookie can go in the super flex. It will add strategy.

I know it is an added burden, but it may work.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How does everybody feel that since we have an extra super flex, we use it only for a rookie?

I like it

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Keepers:

Roster:
* 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, DEF, K, 6 bench, 1 IR. *Knox has since added a superflex position if you didn't notice. This means an additional flex of any of: QB/RB/WR/TE.

Playoffs:

1st = $150
2nd = $75
3rd = $25

(truffle shuffle?)

View attachment 13471
I’m good with these rules.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

i do like it. It’s currently just a 2nd WR/RB/TE flex spot. The issue I think with limiting the 2nd one to a rookie is policing it and making sure everyone is keeping to it. Because I highly doubt there’s a way to add that in the settings to let yahoo regulate it itself.

that said, I’m open to it if everyone else is on board with the idea. Just make it to where anyone that plays a non rookie, forfeits any points gained by said non rookie in the rookie slot. I can always go in and take away the points I’m sure

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ yeah, Knox & I were talking... looking to just add a 2nd flex spot of RB/WR/TE to keep it interesting.

Just 1 QB is my understanding. Sorry for changing my mind, but I looked into it more.
With 2 QBs each, the draft changes quite a bit. Not wanting to bait & switch you all here, esp. with it being keeper league.

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i do like it. It’s currently just a 2nd WR/RB/TE flex spot. The issue I think with limiting the 2nd one to a rookie is policing it and making sure everyone is keeping to it. Because I highly doubt there’s a way to add that in the settings to let yahoo regulate it itself.

that said, I’m open to it if everyone else is on board with the idea. Just make it to where anyone that plays a non rookie, forfeits any points gained by said non rookie in the rookie slot. I can always go in and take away the points I’m sure

I'd also rather just have a second flex. No super (those just alway ends up being a 2nd QB - even 24th ranked QB is 20pts > most RB3s/WR3s). There's not enough 20pt players at other positions, esp. with 12 teams. We were initially thinking of expanding more if only 10 teams.

^ I also agree with the policing issue. More than that even....are there enough relevant rookies??
Wouldn't that conflict with this being a keeper league? --> We'll all end up drafting rookies way high, which kills their sleeper/keeper value next year.

Thoughts on an extra Bench slot or 2 to allow for these deep sleeper picks, esp. since it's a keeper league??

Just thoughts to consider.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
good luck(not really), and a special fuck you to @Starion for getting the 1st pick….again

Special fuck you right back for not entering the draft order in Yahoo. ?‍♂️?
S'okay...more fun/challenge to draft from a diff. spot.

Congrats to Adipost/Rich for the best draft grade per the AI:
1630289740831.png

I still like my roster's upside better ?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Special fuck you right back for not entering the draft order in Yahoo. ?‍♂️?
S'okay...more fun/challenge to draft from a diff. spot.

Congrats to Adipost/Rich for the best draft grade per the AI:
View attachment 13599

I still like my roster's upside better ?

yeah, I feel bad about the draft order mishap. I was waiting on one person to get their payment in before entering the draft order in case they didn’t come thru, then I was driving from Illinois to Washington state these last couple days and forgot to enter it. By the time I remembered, it was within the hour of the draft and it went ahead and randomized and locked an order in

i thought about pushing the draft back a couple hours just to enter the draft order, but figured pushing back the draft a couple hours would of been worse in some ways

and it didn’t matter what spot I drafted, you’re all fucked…bow down to the soy boy beta cucks!

the guy with the supposed “best” draft will get the rude awakening of getting dealt an L by the cucks in week 1

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ We can all be thankful this league happened at all. Thanks for stepping up & managing + the recruiting needed to pull 12 of us together. Yeah, woulda been crappy to have to reschedule or keep us all hanging for another few hours. Order is random anyways. It's like a redeal in poker.

I'm second-guessing myself for drafting Carson > Montgomery in the 3rd. ?‍♂️ I feel like I took the safer option, assuming Carson stays healthy for once. Monty has higher ceiling, but I've been burnt by Nagy abandoning the run when the OL plays like shit & he won't let them adjust to a more basic scheme. Better QB play should unstack the DEF box at least SOME. SEA and Nagy both have talked like they're committed to running it more this season.

Bummed to not get Fields in a Keeper League, but have others. Reached for Mooney but expect him to be startable WR2/3 Week 1 for realz - no homer. Who's your fav. keeper you drafted late?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
^ We can all be thankful this league happened at all. Thanks for stepping up & managing + the recruiting needed to pull 12 of us together. Yeah, woulda been crappy to have to reschedule or keep us all hanging for another few hours. Order is random anyways. It's like a redeal in poker.

I'm second-guessing myself for drafting Carson > Montgomery in the 3rd. ?‍♂️ I feel like I took the safer option, assuming Carson stays healthy for once. Monty has higher ceiling, but I've been burnt by Nagy abandoning the run when the OL plays like shit & he won't let them adjust to a more basic scheme. Better QB play should unstack the DEF box at least SOME. SEA and Nagy both have talked like they're committed to running it more this season.

Bummed to not get Fields in a Keeper League, but have others. Reached for Mooney but expect him to be startable WR2/3 Week 1 for realz - no homer. Who's your fav. keeper you drafted late?
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for giving me Mac Jones so late. Gracias! Danke schein!

Just to clarify, are we going with one of the flex spots must be a rookie as a rule?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m not too stoked on my roster from a keeper perspective really. But I do think my roster is set up to make a run at the title THIS season

I think reagor and dillon could be solid keepers for next season if they breakout. And getting reagor in the 12th round next year could be a massive steal

and I like the option of having Kareem hunt again next year as my 4th round pick if for some reason the browns end up cutting him after this season for cap reasons. He would be most teams undisputed #1 back

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven’t even seen my keeper team yet. I got 10 days left to get into my account.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for giving me Mac Jones so late. Gracias! Danke schein!

Just to clarify, are we going with one of the flex spots must be a rookie as a rule?
No. We decided it'd be too much to juggle. I feel like it conflicts with the keeper aspect also. I'd make us all draft rookies higher than normal, and kill their keeper value.

I've read that most keeper leagues allow you to keep anybody on your roster as of the last week (before playoffs start). Rosters are locked to the players not in the playoffs, and it's unfair to playoff teams to add guys to keep when others can't.

I assume it's okay to keep a player who was picked up mid-season off FA/waivers right? If the guy was drafted, dropped, and later picked up, his draft position travels with the player.

===================
Q:
If UDFA pickup, we should agree on where that player can be redrafted...I've seen last round as common, which is fair. Some leagues do 10th or 12th Rd. which is more cutthroat. Let's discuss & agree on it preferably before season starts.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No. We decided it'd be too much to juggle. I feel like it conflicts with the keeper aspect also. I'd make us all draft rookies higher than normal, and kill their keeper value.

I've read that most keeper leagues allow you to keep anybody on your roster as of the last week (before playoffs start). Rosters are locked to the players not in the playoffs, and it's unfair to playoff teams to add guys to keep when others can't.

I assume it's okay to keep a player who was picked up mid-season off FA/waivers right? If the guy was drafted, dropped, and later picked up, his draft position travels with the player.

===================
Q:
If UDFA pickup, we should agree on where that player can be redrafted...I've seen last round as common, which is fair. Some leagues do 10th or 12th Rd. which is more cutthroat. Let's discuss & agree on it preferably before season starts.
UDFA I say you can keep as the last pick of next draft…makes most sense to me

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fuck this league. I missed half the draft because I was in the ER after some asshole dog bit off a chunk of my thumb and yahoo drafted me most of the players on my avoid list.