I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fuck this league. I missed half the draft because I was in the ER after some asshole dog bit off a chunk of my thumb and yahoo drafted me most of the players on my avoid list.

don’t be scared. Make it work! I actually kinda like your roster, particularly for a keeper league

but hey, don’t forget…you can always trade future draft picks for players this season! Go Ryan pace on the league!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
don’t be scared. Make it work! I actually kinda like your roster, particularly for a keeper league

but hey, don’t forget…you can always trade future draft picks for players this season! Go Ryan pace on the league!

I'll trade all my players for picks lmao. I'm gonna wreck ya'll mofos next year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
haha let’s talk then mofo!

I'll let it play out for a minute. Hopefully Fields and Devonta/Pittman pop off and I'll have at least two late keepers next season. I'm so pissed they drafted me Dobbins. I'm fine with Adams/Taylor/Evans, but I didn't want any of the guys they drafted me from round 5-8 lol.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'll let it play out for a minute. Hopefully Fields and Devonta/Pittman pop off and I'll have at least two late keepers next season. I'm so pissed they drafted me Dobbins. I'm fine with Adams/Taylor/Evans, but I didn't want any of the guys they drafted me from round 5-8 lol.
What you want for dobbins?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What you want for dobbins?

How would trades work on the keeper status? I was gonna hold him all year just to not give anyone a freebie lol. But i'd be willing to deal.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ Good question. It's a new league so it's best we iron out any rules before the season starts and surely before next year's redraft.

1) IR players: whatcha want to do about those? It'd be kinda shitty to go pick up Akers/Ekeler/etc. the last week just to have as a late keeper start next draft. Seems they should be off limits unless someone is willing to draft him and keep on IR all season?

2) Trading picks: I've not been in a league with this option before. These actually swapping of picks right? Can't have more picks than roster spots. Maybe post those here so it's easy to dig up & get it right next summer?

Offer me some trades! I'll always consider or counter or mock if ridiculous ?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
^ Good question. It's a new league so it's best we iron out any rules before the season starts and surely before next year's redraft.

1) IR players: whatcha want to do about those? It'd be kinda shitty to go pick up Akers/Ekeler/etc. the last week just to have as a late keeper start next draft. Seems they should be off limits unless someone is willing to draft him and keep on IR all season?

2) Trading picks: I've not been in a league with this option before. These actually swapping of picks right? Can't have more picks than roster spots. Maybe post those here so it's easy to dig up & get it right next summer?

Offer me some trades! I'll always consider or counter or mock if ridiculous ?

yeah, there has to be exemptions from people just picking guys up at the end for draft purposes next season

but like you said, if you roster a guy all season then it should count for next season

and likewise, if someone trades for an injured player and keeps him rostered, then he should be a keeper option going into the next season

in regards to trading picks, yeah…you have to have the correct number of total picks. So if someone acquired a first round pick for example…they would have to give up a pick in return to balance it out. Even if it’s their last pick

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll trade all my players for picks lmao. I'm gonna wreck ya'll mofos next year.

I just offered you Tannehill for Fields with RB White for WR Waddle added to make it closer to fair for me. Check the eval, it's near even with those 2.

I'm getting Tannehill as a starter in most my drafts, but he's shelved for me so long as Murray stays healthy & upright.

3) Trade approvals/vetos?? Many leagues just have the commish veto if he feels there's collusion, others I've seen allow the league to vote and if there's say 6 vetos, the trade is killed, even if the two want to trade. It could be collusion to veto fair trades and keep opponents weaker too tho right? I figure fair game TBH, unless there is collusion.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How's the draft going to work in this league next year? We going by record? And can we trade picks during the off-season?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How's the draft going to work in this league next year? We going by record? And can we trade picks during the off-season?
It’ll go by record. So the team with the worst record will get the first pick in each round. No more snakey snake going forward. And I say we can trade draft picks at any time, although I’m not sure why anyone would trade draft picks in the offseason lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It’ll go by record. So the team with the worst record will get the first pick in each round. No more snakey snake going forward. And I say we can trade draft picks at any time, although I’m not sure why anyone would trade draft picks in the offseason lol

Because my team's gonna suck and I'll put that #1 pick up for grabs lmao

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how I feel about removing the snake draft TBH. That plus drafting by finish really hoses a winner and rewards being a loser. Do this, and I say the penalty for last place be MUCH harsher than a truffle shuffle.

Also, can one then trade picks to acquire a 4th or 5th keeper? Not sure how I feel about that either. We should prob still stick with 3 keepers with trades only helping for the current season.

I'd hate for the league to already become one where tanking is rewarded & other teams benefit by selling off next year's picks for good players to win this year, then tank the next, etc. ? Sadly, that'd be less fantasy, more reality, but let's not sink to that level. ?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure how I feel about removing the snake draft TBH. That plus drafting by finish really hoses a winner and rewards being a loser. Do this, and I say the penalty for last place be MUCH harsher than a truffle shuffle.

Also, can one then trade picks to acquire a 4th or 5th keeper? Not sure how I feel about that either. We should prob still stick with 3 keepers with trades only helping for the current season.

I'd hate for the league to already become one where tanking is rewarded & other teams benefit by selling off next year's picks for good players to win this year, then tank the next, etc. ? Sadly, that'd be less fantasy, more reality, but let's not sink to that level. ?
3 keepers only

and if you win the league, then keep 3 of those players that helped you win the league…I think it’s fair to expect to draft last in each round. I don’t want to encourage “tanking” either, but at the same time…if you’re in last place just before the trade deadline, it makes sense to trade a couple guys for draft picks to help your team the next season. To me, that’s just being smart with your team…not tanking necessarily

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think I'll be able to log-in until Week 2 but I have not quit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For the record, I just think my team sucks, but I'm not tanking. It's just not in my nature to give up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, I really can't sign in. Might be two more weeks until I get a new charger.

Fucking yahoo can't send the damn code to my email. I keep trying, it never shows up.