2021 CCS Fantasy League

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus you fools left me my boy Wentz. Somebody gonna trade me an elite WR when they realize that mistake.

?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Plus you fools left me my boy Wentz. Somebody gonna trade me an elite WR when they realize that mistake.

?
I will literally arm bar and choke out anyone who would trade away an elite WR for Wentz...that is my non-negotiable trade offer

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sorry, just doing my best to mop up a mess.

Autodraft gave me two kickers, lol. Never seen that before.

Overall I feel pretty good about it shaking out. My first 3 picks are solid and I have picked some of the other value guys in my other drafts. Certainly can't complain about a dealt hand.
You should go with the 2 kickers

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will literally arm bar and choke out anyone who would trade away an elite WR for Wentz...that is my non-negotiable trade offer
Alright, just remember he’s sitting there in 6 weeks with 8 tds and 1 interception and we’ll see how your QBs do.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alright, just remember he’s sitting there in 6 weeks with 8 tds and 1 interception and we’ll see how your QBs do.
This isnt a Superflex...maybe I am in the minority, but QB's not named Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Rodgers, or Jackson is worth an elite WR. I'll happily watch him sit on your bench 13 of 14 weeks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This isnt a Superflex...maybe I am in the minority, but QB's not named Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Rodgers, or Jackson is worth an elite WR. I'll happily watch him sit on your bench 13 of 14 weeks
I probably wouldn't even part with one for them. Maybe Mahomes. I gave up a decent amount for Dak a couple years ago when I was dying for a QB, but that's because my home league hordes them like it is a superflex. And even then, I only gave up DJ Moore and a couple a waiver adds.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, just doing my best to mop up a mess.

Autodraft gave me two kickers, lol. Never seen that before.

Overall I feel pretty good about it shaking out. My first 3 picks are solid and I have picked some of the other value guys in my other drafts. Certainly can't complain about a dealt hand.
Were you the one who just dropped Justin Tucker to me as a FA? Also Higbee on waivers? He's my 7th overall TE.
Knocked me back to last in waiver order, but hard to pass up the depth of a 7th Rd value pick for free.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, missing tonight’s draft too. 2nd night officially a homeless statistic and I can’t access my yahoo account. Thing is a total disaster for me like my life.

you can have higbee. I didn’t draft him. I don’t agree with the draft grade. Lol

I could be dead wrong on that in this offense but Stafford has not been great with TEs.

sorry I missed both drafts guys. I’ll keep fighting.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Apparently I was the last person to draft a WR, I was too busy nabbing up stud running backs. Still got amari Cooper for my #1

and if Watson plays this season, you’re all super fucked
Good to see we won't be super fucked

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good to see we won't be super fucked
Dobbins going down hurts a lot more than Watson not playing. Luckily, I was smart enough to nab Gus edwards late in the draft

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this as I tried to bring it up in my other league that I've been in for 10+ years.

I proposed getting rid of kickers and adding another Flex (RB/WR/TE). It's a 10 man league so it's doable. I was faced with heavy criticism lol. I just absolutely hate the position. There's really no rhyme or reason to it. It's all luck for the most part. Plug a guy in and hope he gets you 6-10 points, but what's really annoying is when a kicker ends up with 20+ and sways the outcome of a game.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this as I tried to bring it up in my other league that I've been in for 10+ years.

I proposed getting rid of kickers and adding another Flex (RB/WR/TE). It's a 10 man league so it's doable. I was faced with heavy criticism lol. I just absolutely hate the position. There's really no rhyme or reason to it. It's all luck for the most part. Plug a guy in and hope he gets you 6-10 points, but what's really annoying is when a kicker ends up with 20+ and sways the outcome of a game.

Been trying to axe the kicker spot in my main league and can't get enough on board...It's a keeper league where you keep the player in the round they were drafted. So this year I told the league whoever fucks up and drafts someone else's keeper (this is a problem every year), the punishment is they will have a kicker autodrafted for them. When they asked why such a harsh punishment, I told them it isn't harsh since they value kickers so highly.

I tried explaining them that we are being forced to burn a roster spot on a player no one does any research on or even gives a shit about...wouldn't it make more sense to be able to draft a player that you spent at least some effort researching on then a volatile and random position.

I started dropping my kicker every week for my waiver claim and then pick one up Sunday am before the games start. I figure I might as well take a player out of the FA pool until sunday so they can't be used against me

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been trying to axe the kicker spot in my main league and can't get enough on board...It's a keeper league where you keep the player in the round they were drafted. So this year I told the league whoever fucks up and drafts someone else's keeper (this is a problem every year), the punishment is they will have a kicker autodrafted for them. When they asked why such a harsh punishment, I told them it isn't harsh since they value kickers so highly.

I tried explaining them that we are being forced to burn a roster spot on a player no one does any research on or even gives a shit about...wouldn't it make more sense to be able to draft a player that you spent at least some effort researching on then a volatile and random position.

I started dropping my kicker every week for my waiver claim and then pick one up Sunday am before the games start. I figure I might as well take a player out of the FA pool until sunday so they can't be used against me
100%. That's my thing, every year I just draft the guy who has the highest projected points (I do think about the offense they are on as well), but there is just nothing that goes into it and I feel like it can impact week to week games to much. Then throughout the season, I'm just picking up and dropping Kickers (burning Waiver spots) to find one who can consistently get me 8-10 points. Just seems dumb. Hell, I'd rather add a defensive player.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sounds like a couple guys that are terrible kicker evaluators to me!
:bearstroll:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not just have your league add an extra round or two of bench spots AND add a 2nd or even 3rd FLEX position?

We just did this for our new keeper league. Allows 1 more bench position to play in the 2nd RB/WR/TE FLEX #2. We added an extra draft round for it also. Yeah, kicker is kinda silly but gives another fun little way to give a shit about watching football. Worst case, go with your fav team's kicker or whoever did the best last season & hope for the best.

I'd never risk blowing my waiver order status on a kicker. Relegates you to only getting the FA's. I'm still not sure what makes some waivers vs FAs.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fuck, first dobbins goes down for the year and I’m like…well at least I also drafted Gus edwards late.

now Gus edwards goes down for the year it seems

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@ijustposthere

this is totally going to lead to Mike Evans getting a TD…but right now Cooper is crushing it and Evans is quiet

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@ijustposthere

this is totally going to lead to Mike Evans getting a TD…but right now Cooper is crushing it and Evans is quiet
I have Evans and the guy I'm playing has Godwin and Gronk. This is not going well lol. Not CCS league

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@ijustposthere

LOL, I was over here rooting for Cooper because I have him in a league, then I decided to check our matchup to see who you had going...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LMAO, sidenote, I also have Hockenson and Cook in that same league. So, I'm kinda rooting for you @knoxville7