2021 Draft Thread

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The seasons pretty much over. The Hawks need to tank the rest of the way and secure a top ten pick.

This draft is stacked with defenseman with top pairing potential, a couple forwards who have first line talent, and two goalies worth a first round pick.

Who I want the Hawks to take;

Edvinsson or Power. I think they go 1-2, tho. Edvinsson is the next Hedman and Power is the second coming of Chris Pronger. Both will be studs and both are plug and play.

Players I would be happy with;

Anybody who I don't think the Hawks are focusing on.

Who I think Stan and Kelly will draft;

The midget Eklund from Sweden.

Most intriguing?

Brant Clarke. Who is dropping because of his skating but might end up the best player from this draft. He's as high as two on one board and a middle round pick/late lottery on many.

Keep and eye on;

Lambos and Chayka. Both will be top four defenseman in the NHL and Lambos, who is falling out the projected first round because of an unknown injury, has top pairing talent.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe we can draft a rookie poster that would be more informed and better than you. Wouldn't be too hard and could probably find one in the 7th round.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't agree with the tanking concept

KBIB

Liked Posts:
This teams gonna get smoked like a Newport the second they play Tampa.

Don't let the win tonight cloud your judgement. There's too many holes on defense with a defenseman rich draft staring Stan and Kelly in the face.

The Hawks can score, there's no doubt about it. But I see little progression in any of the defenseman they have accumulated all tho Kalynuk has been quite impressive.

Keith has been the drizzling shits for a couple weeks now. They really need an upgrade

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Need to draft another future Norris Trophy winner like Boqvist to solidify the blueline for the next 10 years IMO.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone likes the idea of tanking, but it's a product of the way the system works right now. The worst thing you can be in the NHL (or any sport really) is mediocre, or just good enough to get put out of the first round of the playoffs. The only true way to build is to get some guaranteed difference makers in the draft. The only way to do that really is to tank, or trade away what talent you to try to get enough picks to move up, in which case you are basically tanking anyway at that point. Until a better way of doing the draft and such is found I don't think tanking is going anywhere. I would be ok with everyone having the same chance every year. who cares if the SC winner gets the first pick.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
This teams gonna get smoked like a Newport the second they play Tampa.

Don't let the win tonight cloud your judgement. There's too many holes on defense with a defenseman rich draft staring Stan and Kelly in the face.

The Hawks can score, there's no doubt about it. But I see little progression in any of the defenseman they have accumulated all tho Kalynuk has been quite impressive.

Keith has been the drizzling shits for a couple weeks now. They really need an upgrade

Maybe they should draft another C since Toews is faking his injury/illness to get traded.

:jonesy: :jonesy: :jonesy:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The seasons pretty much over. The Hawks need to tank the rest of the way and secure a top ten pick.

This draft is stacked with defenseman with top pairing potential, a couple forwards who have first line talent, and two goalies worth a first round pick.

Who I want the Hawks to take;

Edvinsson or Power. I think they go 1-2, tho. Edvinsson is the next Hedman and Power is the second coming of Chris Pronger. Both will be studs and both are plug and play.

Players I would be happy with;

Anybody who I don't think the Hawks are focusing on.

Who I think Stan and Kelly will draft;

The midget Eklund from Sweden.

Most intriguing?

Brant Clarke. Who is dropping because of his skating but might end up the best player from this draft. He's as high as two on one board and a middle round pick/late lottery on many.

Keep and eye on;

Lambos and Chayka. Both will be top four defenseman in the NHL and Lambos, who is falling out the projected first round because of an unknown injury, has top pairing talent.

Tanking is for losers.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Tank for more 170lb Euros in the draft or be a spoiler? I go with the spoiler since we have enough 170lb Euros to last a lifetime.
Something tells me they have their heart set on that Eklund kid from Sweden who's 5'9 and might be 170.

Me thinks Stan and Kelly get hives at the thought of NA kids any more.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Something tells me they have their heart set on that Eklund kid from Sweden who's 5'9 and might be 170.

Me thinks Stan and Kelly get hives at the thought of NA kids any more.

Gonna admit you were wrong about Toews yet, loser?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Hawks will win the lottery, so count Power and Edvinsson out. I honestly think both don't fall past three with the kid from Michigan being in the mix.

Clarke isn't dropping out of the top ten, and if he does, it's because GM's don't buy into his skating. The Hawks should pounce if he does. There's a couple articles about his hockey IQ being on another level then even NHL players. You can get people to work with his skating.

I really think the Hawks are focusing on Eklund. I don't think his game translates to NA rinks, but that's my opinion. He might be Kane, but if he is I highly doubt he's there when the Hawks pick.

So that leaves....

Carson Lambos.

Drew Doughty lite. Falling because of an undisclosed injury. Plays both ends of the ice and a tough canadian kid.

I don't think, with the mess that's the Hawks blue line, they pass on this kid.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Hawks will win the lottery, so count Power and Edvinsson out. I honestly think both don't fall past three with the kid from Michigan being in the mix.

Clarke isn't dropping out of the top ten, and if he does, it's because GM's don't buy into his skating. The Hawks should pounce if he does. There's a couple articles about his hockey IQ being on another level then even NHL players. You can get people to work with his skating.

I really think the Hawks are focusing on Eklund. I don't think his game translates to NA rinks, but that's my opinion. He might be Kane, but if he is I highly doubt he's there when the Hawks pick.

So that leaves....

Carson Lambos.

Drew Doughty lite. Falling because of an undisclosed injury. Plays both ends of the ice and a tough canadian kid.

I don't think, with the mess that's the Hawks blue line, they pass on this kid.

Still waiting on that apology.