First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I, like all of you, am ecstatic about this organization finally turning over its management personnel. I'm excited about GarPax being out of influencing positions, and Arturas being brought in. I'm ecstatic about having a GM in here who apparently has great relationships with players that should draw free agents in. I'll be fucking jumping with joy when Boylen is officially shit-canned. Not sure who the HC will be but it'll be pretty hard for him to not be an upgrade over Boylen.

So with all this excitement, I started looking towards the 2020 free agency class (not a typo). I figured with better management and a new coach maybe we could finally become a free agency destination after getting second and third tier free agents for years. Then I looked at the 2020 Free Agent Class and realized it's not really a great class. Yes, AD is a potential free agent if he opts out, but beyond him the class doesn't have many stars.

Then I realized that even with a new GM & HC, summer 2020 would be too early to expect us to become major players in free agency. Cant' expect immediate returns. We'd need to show progress on the court, a coach who isn't archaic in his methods, an offense that players would want to play in and a player friendly front office that players would want to play for. Hopefully we can build a foundation in 2020 with a new staff that shows potential.

If we do show growth and potential in 2020, then The 2021 NBA Free Agent Class Could Be Historically Stacked and we could finally be players in free agency instead of afterthoughts. Look at that list: AD, Giannis, LeBron, Paul George, Nurkic, Oladipo, Dimwiddie. Then you throw in the 2017 draft class who could become RFAs if they don't sign extensions this summer: Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, De'Aron Fox, Lonzo Ball, Kuzma and more.

I'm not sure how Arturas and Eversley view our young core of White, Lavine, Lauri and Carter Jr., but 2021 could be a potential year to make some upgrades to the roster. Of course this is all premature as we have to nail the HC hire, but looking forward to next summer and how it could impact this franchise is something worth thinking about now.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I really don't see the Bulls being major players unless AD has a burning desire to come home to Chicago.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I really don't see the Bulls being major players unless AD has a burning desire to come home to Chicago.
Which I don't see with him at all. Short of us making a huge one-year turnaround showing that we're a playoff team I don't think AD gives us a serious look.I think he's really about winning. The hometown thing is definitely overblown; just blind hope. He says he'd consider Chicago when he's a free agent, but I think that's just lip service.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't see AD, LeBron, Kawhi or PG leaving in 2021. I do think, if they can somewhat turn it around next season, they'd have a shot at Giannis.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
AD staying in Los Angeles.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The first order of business is to see if they are cleaning house or will embrace some of this core. I might think any european connection might finally allow Laurie to become a player in an offense that can thrive, not be out of place. But buying out Felicio to get some room seems necessary now, since there is not that much room left. Will Porter take a friendly deal or look for buddies to make a run for the title? Bulls are now actually 2 million plus over the current cap, 70 million in Porter, Zach, Young and Satoransky, ( 1 current starter?) Luxury threshold is 132 million, but expect cap increase to 115 and threshold is not expected to get that high anymore, might even be at this level. How much over the cap will Reinsdorks decide to approve and who is going to go regardless.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Other than the fans want them type deal, a team needs to be enticing to a free agent. Being from the area means very little any more, and Chicago isn't this inviting place like it used to be. Just think about how much shit you need to sift through to make the city and fans appealing enough to make an elite player ignore the fact ownership and our front office reputation has been wonky for the entire history of the organization.

The Bulls aren't winning anything through a FA build. They need to develop players, build a culture(more than just lip service) to create a draw for bigger names. Cart does not go in front of the horse. It's like being a teenager, getting your first paycheck from your summer job at the grocery store, then going to a car dealership to buy something even your parents couldn't afford. Because you think you know it all and want to show it. That's the attitude with taking a FA rebuild seriously with this team which will be nothing but endless disappointment. I will gladly eat crow if the Bulls sign a top FA and make it to the NBA finals in the next 5 years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m optimistic if the new crew isn’t spied on and sabotaged by Paxson that this organizations rep can be turned around rather quickly. Idk if 2021 is maybe too optimistic to think we can attract legit talent by then but I know I won’t be harsh on them if they strike out around that time as long as it’s clear Paxson is out of the picture.
right now I think choosing the right coach is the next phase before talking about what talent we can land here

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I don't see AD, LeBron, Kawhi or PG leaving in 2021. I do think, if they can somewhat turn it around next season, they'd have a shot at Giannis.
I agree. I think LeBron, Kawhi and PG all stay in LA. I could see AD leaving, but I really don't see the Bulls being a player for him. The hometown thing is overblown, IMO, but that's all we have to hope for.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
What about 2020 free agency?
Bad FA class, plus there'd be no tangible improvements in the organization that we could use to entice potential free agents. I skipped 2020 because at least by 2021 we should have a somewhat new front office culture with a new HC that's better with players and has a better system that we can sell.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
They should try to make AD their #1 target. However, I doubt he’ll seriously consider them. So, Giannis should be their main guy. Then, they should have Dinwiddie and Oubre as secondary options.