CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Far be it from me to disagree with the great Greg Gabriel, but are we supposed to believe that franchises in the hundreds of millions income levels don't have the same amount of information that they typically have? I certainly believe the media and guys no longer in the business like Gabriel don't have the same amount of information, but not for one second do I think 32 NFL GMs don't have what they typically have.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Far be it from me to disagree with the great Greg Gabriel, but are we supposed to believe that franchises in the hundreds of millions income levels don't have the same amount of information that they typically have? I certainly believe the media and guys no longer in the business like Gabriel don't have the same amount of information, but not for one second do I think 32 NFL GMs don't have what they typically have.
I do believe scouts kinda “share” obvious notes and maybe misinformation with each other at the combine/pro days but all in all I agree.

Shit it could be without the combine teams are forced to watch more film then ever and we could actually see less busts than normal.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean how could they NOT have less info when guys skipped the entie season or when player's seasons were shortened to COVID?

You've got a potential top 3 QB who played one game last year for example.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think the lack of info has to do with the covid opt outs and the lack of game time for a lot of these players.

doesn’t really matter cause whether they have too much info or too little info I don’t trust Pace and crew to use it correctly.

am prepared for massive disappointment tonight.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean how could they NOT have less info when guys skipped the entie season or when player's seasons were shortened to COVID?

You've got a potential top 3 QB who played one game last year for example.
Guys still have at least two years of tape.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You can't tell me you don't see the difference be tween drafting a guy who played all last year vs drafting a guy who didn't?
Are you suggesting that people don't know a lot about Ja'Marr Chase because he opted out this past season?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
I'm excited to have a draft with no combine. I think a lot of years the combine takes over and teams overlook bad play because he has a great vertical, or look at how many bench reps he had and don't worry about the poor play, he has a lot of drops but he ran a 4.4.

I believe in tape and what they have shown on the field. I think that will eventually be the case with this draft class. I think there will be a lot of long term starters because of not having the combine.

And please Pace don't use a high pick on another injured player!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tune in tonight to see the rerun of "How the Bears will blow it this year!"

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jaycee Horn is the top CB on my list. He's a defensive player i wouldn't be able to pass up if he somehow made it to #20, which he won't, and i've seen Owusu slipping at or around our spot which would also be hard to pass up for me.