***2021 NFL Draft IGT*** - Day 3

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Maybe they're looking at their board and realized it's likely they'll still get a solid pick when it's their turn again?
Sure, but it's the 6th round, and they already have 3 picks coming up. I feel like trade downs are sort of useless once you get to these last few rounds, given the already incredibly high unlikelihood you're going to get anybody meaningful.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're that emotionally invested in the guy we could get at 208? They dropped 9 spots and added a pick. It's no blockbuster trade.
Nah - I just wanted to stop following the draft at the end of round 6.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're that emotionally invested in the guy we could get at 208? They dropped 9 spots and added a pick. It's no blockbuster trade.
I just said that it was a blockbuster trade, so…

greg23

Liked Posts:
If we had Chase Daniel as backup right now, yeah. But he's not unseating Andy Dalton. Whether we like that or not. Plus you are way overvaluing the guy.

daniel
dalton
big dick nick

who cares

get a lottery ticket......high chance these 6th/7th round picks are camp fodder anyway.....again....draft and stash another qb

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
Sure, but it's the 6th round, and they already have 3 picks coming up. I feel like trade downs are sort of useless once you get to these last few rounds, given the already incredibly high unlikelihood you're going to get anybody meaningful.

Getting another pick then is another chance they'll get someone that works out, no?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
trey smith would be a steal. what’s the fucking down side?
Wouldn't be surprised because he couldn't pass an NFL physical. Dude had blood clots in the middle of a season two years ago and had to stop playing immediately. The specifics weren't disclosed to the media, but he came back and played the next season.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't hate quincy roche, james wiggins cade johnson and gowan

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Really surprised to see Gowan drop this far. I thought he would be gone in like rounds 3-4. The fact that we needed CB and were willing to trade back...must be some red flags there.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Getting another pick then is another chance they'll get someone that works out, no?
My point is that when you already have extra picks, you might as well take your chances at a higher position in the round than lower, but yes, another spin at the wheel isn't a bad thing either.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised because he couldn't pass an NFL physical. Dude had blood clots in the middle of a season two years ago and had to stop playing immediately. The specifics weren't disclosed to the media, but he came back and played the next season.

We have a 7th, now, so he’s a guy I wouldn’t mind taking then. Roll them bones. Why not?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ealy, Smith, Gowan, Johnson, Surrat or Newsome.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My point is that when you already have extra picks, you might as well take your chances at a higher position in the round than lower, but yes, another spin at the wheel isn't a bad thing either.
It's not automatic that trading down is always better or trading up is always better. Or even staying put.

Dropping 9 spots likely means they have a few guys they value equally at the position they'll pick. Or a dozen guys overall that they value equally. It's a minor move either way.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wonder if they could trade some of these 6th's for a 5th next year.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We have a 7th, now, so he’s a guy I wouldn’t mind taking then. Roll them bones. Why not?

I agree its worth the risk if you are unsure if he will pass. But maybe teams are certain he already failed. Its out of his hands. Nothing on him. He is a quality player and young man.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I wish the Bears somehow had the ammunition to get Orlando Brown before the draft. Imagine that at LT and Jenkins at RT with 1 year to develop before Fields even takes the field.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Teams are bitching about COVID making it harder to evaluate players. That doesn’t translate to fewer NFL-quality players, only to less info to figure out who they are. More late round picks means more chances to grab one of the good ones...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pretty smart trade to acquire a 7th rd pick and secure someone who they would have prioritized as an undrafted free agent.