2021 Showcase: Nagy's well-oiled machine.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetically, if Justin Fields starts week one, what kind of production do you expect? Please refrain on lame-O "...it depends on this or that." We have a 4th year "offensive genius" coach, who's got three QBs - all of which he wanted.

No more excuses.

What's a reasonable accountability threshold?

I think Kyler Murray is a good comp for Justin Fields - not because they are both black, so please don't go EdgeLord - but because they have a similar tool set with running and throwing. I do believe Fields has a big edge with brain power and size. Murray has the best release in the league IMO.

In 2018, the AZ Cardinals were the worst offensive team in the league - 14.1 ppg.
Add Murray: They jump to 17th with 22.6

Bears 2020: 23rd offense with 22.4 pgg

There's no doubt AZ was a much worse team than Chicago is now. Is there any excuse whatsoever for the Bears not to be a top 15 offense?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hypothetically, if Justin Fields starts week one, what kind of production do you expect? Please refrain on lame-O "...it depends on this or that." We have a 4th year "offensive genius" coach, who's got three QBs - all of which he wanted.

No more excuses.

I think Kyler Murray is a good comp for Justin Fields - not because they are both black, so please don't go EdgeLord - but because they have a similar tool set with running and throwing. I do believe Fields has a big edge with brain power and size. Murray has the best release in the league IMO.

In 2018, the AZ Cardinals were the worst offensive team in the league - 14.1 ppg.

There's no doubt AZ was a much worse team than Chicago is now. Is there any excuse whatsoever for the Bears not to be a top 15 offense?
Nope. The excuses are now out the window. If he can't get the offense going with Fields he never will.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No more excuses.

I think Kyler is a good comp, they are both unique athletes that can spin the ball.

I would expect, outside of a complete OL meltdown, that the Bears are a top 15 offense and around 25 ppg.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. The excuses are now out the window. If he can't get the offense going with Fields he never will.
I agree.

AZ was able to average an extra TD per game by adding Murray as a rookie...and the Cardinals were a much worse team.

No excuses.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree.

AZ was able to average an extra TD per game by adding Murray as a rookie...and the Cardinals were a much worse team.

No excuses.

With the existing players on offense and adding Fields, absolutely no reason they can't at least be 15th.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you see, right there you biased and slanted the entire phrasing of the question. you start by stating that reasonable thought out answers are not allowed, and then proceed to say we have to take that he is an "offensive genius" as fact where it is not fact. Frankly, the whole question is bullshit.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

No more excuses.

25+ PPG

don’t don’t really care about yards per game as much because it’s meaningless but i’ll say above top 15

has to pass the eye test

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
you see, right there you biased and slanted the entire phrasing of the question. you start by stating that reasonable thought out answers are not allowed, and then proceed to say we have to take that he is an "offensive genius" as fact where it is not fact. Frankly, the whole question is bullshit.
he made a thread literally the other day bitching about the roster, specifically the offense too

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wins. Less concerned with stats, but I want to see a convincing vertical game.

Regardless of who starts based on a 17 game season I think 3700 yards should be a good target.

For the record I've never been a stat whore, I'd rather see victories with a snappy offense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Relax.

If you want to post a longer explanation, then please do. No rules, just trying to provoke a solid, measurable response, rather than a laundry list of excuses. Like..."Well if every WR, o-linemen, and Cole Kmet steps up...then we should be okay.

Lol

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Relax.

If you want to post a longer explanation, then please do. No rules, just trying to provoke a solid, measurable response, rather than a laundry list of excuses. Like..."Well if every WR, o-linemen, and Cole Kmet steps up...then we should be okay.

Lol
is it possible you are mistaking legitimate reasons an offense would not be as good for excuses?

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Last year we came in with continuity at QB and O-line. Things happened during the season to disrupt that. The main one being they weren't very good. This year there are changes across the board. Will they be better? Well, I expect they will be, but not at first. It historically takes a certain amount of time for things to gel. For rookies especially to overcome some of their most detrimental mistakes. Therefore, if this threshold of accountability means where do you decide to fire the current regime or stay the course, I would think a reasonable person would put that threshold at development and progress. Do the new players /ever/ "gel"? Do they indeed shed the majority of their most detrimental rookie mistakes? If growth can be clearly seen, there is a case to stay the course. If, on the other hand, the same mistakes continue throughout the season, I believe it would be time to look for better teachers.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're talking about a barely top half offense and a few posters are reluctant.

Kudos to those who have minimal expectations for a 4th year coach with 3 QBs he wanted. He was hired PRIMARILY to install a MODERN offense in Chicago.

???

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're talking about a barely top half offense and a few posters are reluctant.

Kudos to those who have minimal expectations for a 4th year coach with 3 QBs he wanted. He was hired PRIMARILY to install a MODERN offense in Chicago.

???

You make it seem like Nagy coveted Foles and Dalton when in actuality they were close to if not the only available choices at the time.