2021 Showcase: Nagy's well-oiled machine.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What are your legitimate reasons? Pace already handled the two biggest problems with QB & oline, correct?
do you have a link saying i said the o line was fixed? it might be, but then again we need to see what happens. same thing goes for Fields.

we also need to see individual players take a step forward. specifically Kmet, Mooney, Daniels, Montgomery, etc

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You make it seem like Nagy coveted Foles and Dalton when in actuality they were close to if not the only available choices at the time.
right? and then the fourth round pick gets thrown around like it’s significant in any way.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You make it seem like Nagy coveted Foles and Dalton when in actuality they were close to if not the only available choices at the time.
exactly. And I'd rather have someone who can identify their mistakes and take whatever steps are within their power to correct those mistakes than someone who stubbornly sticks with a mistake.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Is there any excuse whatsoever for the Bears not to be a top 15 offense?

iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"We just need a little more time to get things rocking n rollin.." - M. Nagy

iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"Justin just need to get a little more comfortable in an NFL offense, get his eyes in the right place, ya know..... and-and he'll be the first to tell you that.. so uhhhh" -- M. Nagy

iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"Ya know it was a play that we liked all week in practice, and everything was set up nice there.. but when you have ONE guy that doesn't execute down there (long pause)... you-you see what happens.." -- M. Nagy

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What are your legitimate reasons? Pace already handled the two biggest problems with QB & oline, correct?
I wouldn't say the oline is fixed. Certainly took a few steps in the right direction with the recourses available. I think it will take another offseason to really solidify it. The depth is better but not where it needs to be. I'd feel much better if they did sign a guy like Moses. The fact that they're looking at solid vet help pre June is encouraging.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I dont think he's ever not been negative. He's pablovi but just around more
it’s just confusing

in one thread hes bashing the GM for not having a good enough offensive roster

in the next hes bashing the coach because he wants results from the offense

@halftime which is it? has the GM put together a shit offense so expectations should be low? or does the coach need to produce now because the GM has finally put together a solid offensive roster? i’m just trying to keep everything straight in my brane.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If the offense isn’t at least top 15 he should have the visor slapped off his head and given his walking papers. Sadly, I’m not sure he’s capable.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"We just need a little more time to get things rocking n rollin.." - M. Nagy

iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"Justin just need to get a little more comfortable in an NFL offense, get his eyes in the right place, ya know..... and-and he'll be the first to tell you that.. so uhhhh" -- M. Nagy

iknoq0fiztp4jcpoa91y.jpg

"Ya know it was a play that we liked all week in practice, and everything was set up nice there.. but when you have ONE guy that doesn't execute down there (long pause)... you-you see what happens.." -- M. Nagy
What's in your wallet?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been slowly watching the games back from last year... Mitch and Foles were horrendous. I mean we can put qualifiers on it and all that, but they were awful.

We should get better QB play no matter who starts. The offense should be better. More points should he scored.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hypothetically, if Justin Fields starts week one, what kind of production do you expect? Please refrain on lame-O "...it depends on this or that." We have a 4th year "offensive genius" coach, who's got three QBs - all of which he wanted.

No more excuses.

What's a reasonable accountability threshold?

I think Kyler Murray is a good comp for Justin Fields - not because they are both black, so please don't go EdgeLord - but because they have a similar tool set with running and throwing. I do believe Fields has a big edge with brain power and size. Murray has the best release in the league IMO.

In 2018, the AZ Cardinals were the worst offensive team in the league - 14.1 ppg.
Add Murray: They jump to 17th with 22.6

Bears 2020: 23rd offense with 22.4 pgg

There's no doubt AZ was a much worse team than Chicago is now. Is there any excuse whatsoever for the Bears not to be a top 15 offense?

Nice job, I doubt anyone was going to go there, so you did instead.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hypothetically, if Justin Fields starts week one, what kind of production do you expect? Please refrain on lame-O "...it depends on this or that." We have a 4th year "offensive genius" coach, who's got three QBs - all of which he wanted.

No more excuses.

What's a reasonable accountability threshold?

I think Kyler Murray is a good comp for Justin Fields - not because they are both black, so please don't go EdgeLord - but because they have a similar tool set with running and throwing. I do believe Fields has a big edge with brain power and size. Murray has the best release in the league IMO.

In 2018, the AZ Cardinals were the worst offensive team in the league - 14.1 ppg.
Add Murray: They jump to 17th with 22.6

Bears 2020: 23rd offense with 22.4 pgg

There's no doubt AZ was a much worse team than Chicago is now. Is there any excuse whatsoever for the Bears not to be a top 15 offense?

Well it depends....

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I have been slowly watching the games back from last year... Mitch and Foles were horrendous. I mean we can put qualifiers on it and all that, but they were awful.

We should get better QB play no matter who starts. The offense should be better. More points should he scored.
The QBs were awful yet they were at least the 23 ranked offense.

Why can't the Bears be top 15 with 2 QBs who are better than last years QBs?

I think this is a minimum and if Nagy can't scheme them to at least 15, he has to go.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
it’s just confusing

in one thread hes bashing the GM for not having a good enough offensive roster

in the next hes bashing the coach because he wants results from the offense

@halftime which is it? has the GM put together a shit offense so expectations should be low? or does the coach need to produce now because the GM has finally put together a solid offensive roster? i’m just trying to keep everything straight in my brane.
I'm not sure why asking other fans their expectations for the offense next year is "bashing the coach."

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm not sure why asking other fans their expectations for the offense next year is "bashing the coach."
you’re being obtuse and focusing on semantics.

can you please answer the question though?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Asking the question has no gravitas without giving one's own overview or prediction. My guess is that they are top 15 in points.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
you’re being obtuse and focusing on semantics.

can you please answer the question though?
Both the GM & coach can be bad. The Bears have a rich tradition of both being true.

Most recent example - Emery & Trestman.

Asking a coach to have a 16th ranked offense with our players is not a tall order.

Again, Murray substantially changed AZ. They were the worst.