2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Suddenly overnight Drummond learned how to shoot 3s lolwut

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t put a lot of stock in preseason but at the same time, it’s not like this team deserves the benefit of the doubt. Their last 40ish games last season were not good (being nice) defensively. I’ll need to see a long string of plus games for me to be sold on anything else…and against legit playoff teams, not bottom feeders
It’s the front court I’m putting more stock in to be competitive.

Jeff Green can’t be your #2 or #3 big in a rotation all season. But he can be for a few weeks or in ideal matchups if not overused.

I still feel one short but between Green and I think Simonovic takes at least a small step…

One injury there shouldn’t hand cuff us so bad. We actually got lucky last year with how long PW left us vulnerable to another front court injury, how goddamn thin AA went into a season up front.

Just a gross overuse of Vuc, who was way over used and forced to never foul, never compete.

A lot of these teams have to gel and we don’t. Injuries will happen across the league and our depth will matter.

I’m feeling 45-50 is truly possible.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s the front court I’m putting more stock in to be competitive.

Jeff Green can’t be your #2 or #3 big in a rotation all season. But he can be for a few weeks or in ideal matchups if not overused.

I still feel one short but between Green and I think Simonovic takes at least a small step…

One injury there shouldn’t hand cuff us so bad. We actually got lucky last year with how long PW left us vulnerable to another front court injury, how goddamn thin AA went into a season up front.

Just a gross overuse of Vuc, who was way over used and forced to never foul, never compete.

A lot of these teams have to gel and we don’t. Injuries will happen across the league and our depth will matter.

I’m feeling 45-50 is truly possible.

Possible? Sure. I’d be very surprised if they won 50 games though. I think 45 wins is the high end for them. I feel like the 40-45 range is much more likely than the 46-50

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was on the low end of wins prediction last year. Happy to believe they can improve on it with a bit more consistency and balance and depth this year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I was on the low end of wins prediction last year. Happy to believe they can improve on it with a bit more consistency and balance and depth this year.

That’d be cool. I just don’t expect it. They’re really counting on a big leap from Williams and he still plays timid with no confidence.

Beyond that, you have to assume that Caruso and LaVine are going to miss at least 10-15 games each. The east got much better. The Bulls really didn’t make any significant improvements at all. They’re selling the whole “continuity” thing because ownership made an executive decision not to go into the tax.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possible? Sure. I’d be very surprised if they won 50 games though. I think 45 wins is the high end for them. I feel like the 40-45 range is much more likely than the 46-50
Woj reporte there is going to be a lot of tanking this year. Teams will probably pump up some wins cause of it

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No surprises there. He's done well in preseason, hopefully can do enough to soften the loss of Lonzo
I’m in favor, he seems the best all around player among the PGs.

I do wonder if his ability to run an isolation offense as the focal point makes him the best candidate to run the bench mob, but perhaps in time he can do both.

I’d like to see him and Vuc be the first subs out for Caruso/Dragic and Drummond. Then return with subs as the focal point of offense for quarter transitions when Lavine/DeRozan are vet resting.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat

Projected Starters

Chicago Bulls
PG - Ayo Dosunmu
SG - Alex Caruso
SF - DeMar DeRozan
PF - Patrick Williams
C - Nikola Vucevic

Miami Heat
PG - Kyle Lowry
SG - Tyler Herro
SF - Caleb Martin
PF - Jimmy Butler
C - Bam Adebayo

Injury Report
Chicago Bulls
Lonzo Ball - Out (Knee)
Alex Caruso - Probable (Calf)
Zach Lavine - Out (Knee)

Miami Heat
Omer Yurtseven - Out (Ankle)
Victor Oladipo - Out (Left Knee Tendonitis)

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:kermit:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Zach Lavine already ded.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I guess I'm a little less optimistic about the season. But still excited..

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just a standard maintenance day for the first game of the season after having 10 days off…sounds totally normal

He clearly is having issues with that knee still. Bulls have a ton of cap tied into two players with bum knees.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If a player says they are as healthy as they have ever been it means they are 2 steps from being in the morgue.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If a player says they are as healthy as they have ever been it means they are 2 steps from being in the morgue.
I raised concerns in the off season about tying up so much $$$ in the back court with two players with knee issues. I advocated for exploring a S&T. Still way too early to panic, but not a good start. Lonzo is still out indefinitely and Zach is taking maintenance days after having 10 days off. Also glad to see Caruso is already listed on the report with a calf. This seems to be a very injury prone team outside DeMar and Vuc

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I raised concerns in the off season about tying up so much $$$ in the back court with two players with knee issues. I advocated for exploring a S&T. Still way too early to panic, but not a good start. Lonzo is still out indefinitely and Zach is taking maintenance days after having 10 days off. Also glad to see Caruso is already listed on the report with a calf. This seems to be a very injury prone team outside DeMar and Vuc
You brought it up in the offseason, not sure how that helps for the Lonzo situation since he was already under contract…captain hindsight strikes again!

How about a lil patience, you know, past 1 regular season game?

:cannon:

But I guess just blow it all up one year into the rebuild?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You brought it up in the offseason, not sure how that helps for the Lonzo situation since he was already under contract…captain hindsight strikes again!

How about a lil patience, you know, past 1 regular season game?

:cannon:

But I guess just blow it all up one year into the rebuild?

If you recall, I wasn’t overly on board with signing lonzo. I was highly skeptical of the signing. Not sure where the hindsight claim is coming from.

Bulls can’t blow it up anyways. No one would be dumb enough to trade for Ball. Zach still has some real value though, but like I said…still too early to panic. Def not a good start though missing the first game of the season after resting for 10 consecutive days

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said in preseason, Bulls are in prime midseason form already