2022-2023 Bulls IGT Megathread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls played probably their best game that I’ve seen from them since like early last season. There were some hiccups….some careless mistakes and unforced turnovers….Zach still plays like a rookie at times and goes shot hunting. I don’t know what it is, but it seems like I can predict when Zach is going to take a shot, and it usually ends up in a turnover or a horribly forced shot that missed. It’s like he doesn’t realize there’s other ways to positively effect the game. Make the extra pass, keep the ball moving, lock in defensively. Bad things happen when you force the issue but he can’t help himself and it usually ends up hurting the team. Just zero awareness. I digress…

It will be interesting if the team could keep up the effort and dedication on the defensive end. They were actually hustling and playing with pride on that end. The help defense and rotations actually looked like they should from a pro basketball team :gasp: Haven’t seen that in forever.

Also, was it just me or were the Bulls assistant coaches way more involved last night? Coaching on the sidelines during the game, and I’m pretty sure I saw one of the assistants leading the huddle and drawing up plays during a timeout.
There was definitely some kind of switch after losing to Orlando. Whether or not it keeps up is another matter. Guess we'll see. 5 more games in this road trip.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls played probably their best game that I’ve seen from them since like early last season. There were some hiccups….some careless mistakes and unforced turnovers….Zach still plays like a rookie at times and goes shot hunting. I don’t know what it is, but it seems like I can predict when Zach is going to take a shot, and it usually ends up in a turnover or a horribly forced shot that missed. It’s like he doesn’t realize there’s other ways to positively effect the game. Make the extra pass, keep the ball moving, lock in defensively. Bad things happen when you force the issue but he can’t help himself and it usually ends up hurting the team. Just zero awareness. I digress…

It will be interesting if the team could keep up the effort and dedication on the defensive end. They were actually hustling and playing with pride on that end. The help defense and rotations actually looked like they should from a pro basketball team :gasp: Haven’t seen that in forever.

Also, was it just me or were the Bulls assistant coaches way more involved last night? Coaching on the sidelines during the game, and I’m pretty sure I saw one of the assistants leading the huddle and drawing up plays during a timeout.
Last night I thought ZL WAS doing the other little things in the game to help the team win despite poor shooting

He had 5 rebounds, 5 assists(found coby for a huge 3 late in the game), and only had 1 turnover. He was rotating well defensively(had his 1 steal late in the game at a huge moment). He’s had bad games this season, but last night wasn’t one of them. Just shot poorly

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Last night I thought ZL WAS doing the other little things in the game to help the team win despite poor shooting

He had 5 rebounds, 5 assists(found coby for a huge 3 late in the game), and only had 1 turnover. He was rotating well defensively(had his 1 steal late in the game at a huge moment). He’s had bad games this season, but last night wasn’t one of them. Just shot poorly
I felt his effort on defense was better. He’s still not good on that end, but it helps when he actually commits on that end.

I definitely was not a fan of his shot selection down the stretch. Took some really poor quick shots seemingly just to take them. This isn’t really a new thing either. Zach forces the issue quite a bit even when he’s not shooting well. If I had to grade his game last night as either a “good game” or a “bad game” it’s pretty in the middle but I’d probably lean more towards a bad game. Those forced shots in the 4th kill momentum and bail out the defense. Didn’t hurt the Bulls yesterday, mainly because they locked in defensively and Coby / Vuc hit some huge shots late.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I felt his effort on defense was better. He’s still not good on that end, but it helps when he actually commits on that end.

I definitely was not a fan of his shot selection down the stretch. Took some really poor quick shots seemingly just to take them. This isn’t really a new thing either. Zach forces the issue quite a bit even when he’s not shooting well. If I had to grade his game last night as either a “good game” or a “bad game” it’s pretty in the middle but I’d probably lean more towards a bad game. Those forced shots in the 4th kill momentum and bail out the defense. Didn’t hurt the Bulls yesterday, mainly because they locked in defensively and Coby / Vuc hit some huge shots late.
Right, I acknowledged the poor shooting. I just thought outside of the shooting aspect he played well. He was getting teammates involved and at least attempting to play defense

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Right, I acknowledged the poor shooting. I just thought outside of the shooting aspect he played well. He was getting teammates involved and at least attempting to play defense

It wasn’t so much poor shooting as it was bad/forced shots in pivotal moments. Bad shooting is one thing, it happens. Shot hunting and poor shot selection is another. I guess my point with Zach is it seems like I’ve been saying for years that he’ll eventually play smarter and play more in control. At this point, I’m not sure it’ll ever happen.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lauri is actually questionable for this game with a knee contusion or something

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I like the Jazz by 60

BD chews through 2 packs of gum by halftime.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls by 4

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lauri with the greatest game any player has ever played.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As predicted Lauri is on pace to beat the Bulls singlehandedly

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't watched a second of this game but I can only imagine that if he's shooting 90% that Lauri is shooting nothing but wide open jumpers.

Demar is probably shooting contested fadeaways over triple teams like the Kobe memes

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
This is why it's important to have a good coach and training staff even during bad years. Both Lauri and Carter turned into quality players.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If bulls would stop leaving Lauri alone at the 3 point line they would have a bigger lead than they currently do thru 3 quarters

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A nice road win. Think I saw the bulls haven’t won at Utah since 2016. A place they typically struggle

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nice game by Coby. He's played well in a few games since returning.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nice game by Coby. He's played well in a few games since returning.
He’s definitely hit some big shots

I could see his minutes increasing and Ayo’s decreasing. Ayo hasn’t looked good lately

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is why it's important to have a good coach and training staff even during bad years. Both Lauri and Carter turned into quality players.

Cant remember the podcast it was on but pretty sure it was recent where Lauri said he didnt love basketball when he was here during the Jim Boylen years. It was a good listen.

Glad he found himself again.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He’s definitely hit some big shots

I could see his minutes increasing and Ayo’s decreasing. Ayo hasn’t looked good lately
I think they should close with Coby from now on.

Agree on Ayo... He's been a disappearing act.