I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think they should close with Coby from now on.

Agree on Ayo... He's been a disappearing act.
I dunno about closing with coby.

gotta imagine you typically close with Demar, ZL, Vuc, Caruso, and a 5th player that is playing well that night. So I guess in theory it can be coby sometimes, but that’s a small lineup that plays really bad defense you’d have out there. The 5th player for me would be PWill or Javonte, whichever is playing better that game

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dunno about closing with coby.

gotta imagine you typically close with Demar, ZL, Vuc, Caruso, and a 5th player that is playing well that night. So I guess in theory it can be coby sometimes, but that’s a small lineup that plays really bad defense you’d have out there. The 5th player for me would be PWill or Javonte, whichever is playing better that game
I get your point with defense but Coby has come through twice in the clutch now in last 3 games. Perhaps you could play the offense / defense game via timeouts/foul shooting at the end. But coby is a better option vs Caruso on offense at the end.

Of course in theory when Demar is quadrupled, Zach is there to nail a shot, but I seem to never see that happen. Though demar forces a lot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I get your point with defense but Coby has come through twice in the clutch now in last 3 games. Perhaps you could play the offense / defense game via timeouts/foul shooting at the end. But coby is a better option vs Caruso on offense at the end.

Of course in theory when Demar is quadrupled, Zach is there to nail a shot, but I seem to never see that happen. Though demar forces a lot.
Yeah, if BD has the extra TO’s at the end that’s certainly a good option. We’ve seen this from coby before, then he goes back to bricking everything. He’s certainly a willing shooter(putting that as nicely as possible lol). He’s 13/24 shooting the last 3 games, which is really good. But I think we both know that’s not going to continue, and he’s still a chucker.

I hope I’m wrong, though. The bulls absolutely could use a consistent outside threat off the bench.

edit - the one nice thing to see is he’s giving effort at the defensive end this year. Results are mixed, but its been better

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, if BD has the extra TO’s at the end that’s certainly a good option. We’ve seen this from coby before, then he goes back to bricking everything. He’s certainly a willing shooter(putting that as nicely as possible lol). He’s 13/24 shooting the last 3 games, which is really good. But I think we both know that’s not going to continue, and he’s still a chucker.

I hope I’m wrong, though. The bulls absolutely could use a consistent outside threat off the bench.

edit - the one nice thing to see is he’s giving effort at the defensive end this year. Results are mixed, but its been better
If it's clear Coby is having a rough game, yeah don't throw him out there at the end.

I thought he had plenty of effort last year, just zero ability. Defense is something BD has really worked with Coby on. Not sure the ability will ever really be there though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If it's clear Coby is having a rough game, yeah don't throw him out there at the end.

I thought he had plenty of effort last year, just zero ability. Defense is something BD has really worked with Coby on. Not sure the ability will ever really be there though.
If he could just get to being an average defender and start being a consistent shooter, we might have something…just in time for him to go do it for another team lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he could just get to being an average defender and start being a consistent shooter, we might have something…just in time for him to go do it for another team lol
Coby will follow the trend of several other Bulls draft picks who end up thriving elsewhere. Was it just time to develop? Was it coaching? Did everything just click for them later in life? We'll never know!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby will follow the trend of several other Bulls draft picks who end up thriving elsewhere. Was it just time to develop? Was it coaching? Did everything just click for them later in life? We'll never know!
One thing is for sure…it won’t be for a lack of our cunting!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He'll be another Lauri / WCJ in no time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man Paxson truly was a genius picking up all these superstar players.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Would be very curious to hear AK’s thoughts on the team right now. Like…he has to at least make a move right? Even if he doesn’t completely blow it up, these are not acceptable results and really a very poor product right now. What would be the upside / rationale in keeping this “team” together?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls have never won on Friday this season. Save yourself the trouble and just expect a 50 point loss

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Warriors by 125.