2022-2023 Bulls IGT Megathread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Im gonna laugh if this team beats Memphis, Brooklyn, and Cleveland.. all on the road... but then loses to literally every bottom feeder.

Wouldn’t surprise me. At this point, the most exciting thing that could happen is if there’s a trade. Krause broke up a dynasty and AK seems intent on keeping this group of underachievers together. Go figure

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Part of me wonders if the Bulls are actually trap games to all these good teams. Wouldn’t doubt if they go into it looking like “Pssh, we’re playing the Bulls, whatever” and the Bulls go into it like game 7 of the finals

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t surprise me. At this point, the most exciting thing that could happen is if there’s a trade. Krause broke up a dynasty and AK seems intent on keeping this group of underachievers together. Go figure
I mean Krause didn't break it up until the off-season, which I feel like AK will this offseason as well.. to what extent, I'm not sure. Vuc is a FA, so simply just not resigning him is losing a key piece to this team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mean Krause didn't break it up until the off-season, which I feel like AK will this offseason as well.. to what extent, I'm not sure. Vuc is a FA, so simply just not resigning him is losing a key piece to this team.
Well yeah, that’s true. He kinda had to wait they were coming off their 5th championship lol…it was the last dance after all. They knew going into it

We’ll see what AK does but this team doesn’t deserve anything. Certainly not a chance to play out the season with the same group. I think AK will wait though, perhaps under Jerry’s influence as he likely would rather try to make the playoffs as a 1 and done

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
96 points against one of the worst defensive teams in this inflated scoring era. Big Yikes.

Plumlee 9/9 with a dagger left handed jumpshot lol.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
will and Stacey hit it on the head. They have a lack of inner toughness. How do you solve that ? You start making trades. Will Purdue’s words. He’s completely right

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well yeah, that’s true. He kinda had to wait they were coming off their 5th championship lol…it was the last dance after all. They knew going into it

We’ll see what AK does but this team doesn’t deserve anything. Certainly not a chance to play out the season with the same group. I think AK will wait though, perhaps under Jerry’s influence as he likely would rather try to make the playoffs as a 1 and done
6th championship, but yeah.

Krause actually wanted to trade Pippen after the 5th but Reinsdorf told him to fuck off.

Frankly, I don't think they're going to be a 1 and done.. If they actually went and beat every above .500 team but lost to every below .500 team the rest of the season, they finish 39-43...does that even get them into a play-in? Who knows. The likelihood they actually beat every .500 in the league the rest of the season is highly unlikely though... and yes they'll beat a bad team again, but it seems more likely they'll lose to them than not.

So it kind of questions.. why not get something for maybe Vuc before he hits FA.. get something from a contender who wants Caruso.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Krause actually wanted to trade Pippen after the 5th but Reinsdorf told him to fuck off.

Frankly, I don't think they're going to be a 1 and done.. If they actually went and beat every above .500 team but lost to every below .500 team the rest of the season, they finish 39-43...does that even get them into a play-in? Who knows. The likelihood they actually beat every .500 in the league the rest of the season is highly unlikely though... and yes they'll beat a bad team again, but it seems more likely they'll lose to them than not.

So it kind of questions.. why not get something for maybe Vuc before he hits FA.. get something from a contender who wants Caruso.
What I meant was, after their 5th, they were going into 98 going for their 6th and it was known it would be the last. So naturally, Krause wasn’t going to break anything up mid season. Plus they were winning and playing great basketball. Unlike this team, who has been consistently disappointing and the only logical move is to shake it up.

Completely agree guys like Vuc and Caruso should be prime trade candidates. I’d be open to trading Zach, but I don’t feel AK is going to go that route, and he could always be traded later anyway. I’d shop DeMar heavily though. He has value and he deserves better than this.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
BD really trying to defend going with DJJ at the 5 who is not a 5 as opposed to playing Drummond who is one of the best rebounders of all time and who has the 2nd higher PER on the team at 21…how many minutes did big drum get tonight? ZERO lol

BD is so bad

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

According to a certain poster he sucks and has no value and no team would give up anything of value for him
What I meant was, after their 5th, they were going into 98 going for their 6th and it was known it would be the last. So naturally, Krause wasn’t going to break anything up mid season. Plus they were winning and playing great basketball. Unlike this team, who has been consistently disappointing and the only logical move is to shake it up.

Completely agree guys like Vuc and Caruso should be prime trade candidates. I’d be open to trading Zach, but I don’t feel AK is going to go that route, and he could always be traded later anyway. I’d shop DeMar heavily though. He has value and he deserves better than this.
He deserves better than this?? Based on what? This is who Demar is, a great individual player who’s teams never quite find the level of success you’d think such a great individual player would help them get to.

He doesn’t play good team basketball. He plays ISO hero ball.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
According to a certain poster he sucks and has no value and no team would give up anything of value for him

He deserves better than this?? Based on what? This is who Demar is, a great individual player who’s teams never quite find the level of success you’d think such a great individual player would help them get to.

He doesn’t play good team basketball. He plays ISO hero ball.

Most of the “success” the Bulls have had the past two seasons is because of him. Specifically last season. He also has inner toughness unlike most of these other Cheetos on the team.

More importantly, whether he deserves better or not, it would be wise to try to get value back for him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Most of the “success” the Bulls have had the past two seasons is because of him. Specifically last season. He also has inner toughness unlike most of these other Cheetos on the team.

More importantly, whether he deserves better or not, it would be wise to try to get value back for him.
Lol no most of the success they did have wasn’t because of him

Now we are able to measure inner toughness huh?! Neato!

And of course it would be wise to trade him, but you said he deserves better and I wanted to know why you thought that he did

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Lol no most of the success they did have wasn’t because of him

Now we are able to measure inner toughness huh?! Neato!

And of course it would be wise to trade him, but you said he deserves better and I wanted to know why you thought that he did

I guess the simplest answer would be he’s actually used to winning. He’s been to the playoffs 7 seasons. He’s also the best player on the team and an older vet. Time is not on his side. So yes, IN MY OPINION, he deserves better than this train wreck of a team.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DeMar is the guy who gets your team to the playoffs, but doesn't go much beyond that. He's also not good enough to simply drag a team there solely by himself.

In San Antonio, he often wasn't enough to get that team into the playoffs (1 appearance in his three years there).

I'd argue during his Toronto years, the East was some weak sauce and thus allowed them to more easily go deeper in the playoffs... as we know, they always got destroyed by LeBron though.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Correct. DeMar does not elevate his game in the playoffs

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I guess the simplest answer would be he’s actually used to winning. He’s been to the playoffs 7 seasons. He’s also the best player on the team and an older vet. Time is not on his side. So yes, IN MY OPINION, he deserves better than this train wreck of a team.
Lol I’m glad at least scoot understands what I’m telling you

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Correct. DeMar does not elevate his game in the playoffs
Orrrr competition level rises and the intensity of play rises…and Demar does not

But hey, at least we agree trade him!