I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls up 3 after 3 quarters in Memphis without Demar. Bulls have 20 assists on 27 made field goals.

The ball is moving without demar slowing it down and making it stand still offense

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls up 3 after 3 quarters in Memphis without Demar. Bulls have 20 assists on 27 made field goals.

The ball is moving without demar slowing it down and making it stand still offense
LOL except for the 3rd Q, the Bulls were complete ass offensively in this game.

Zach missed a ton of FTs too.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Yeah. They played a good 3rd though. Just needed to play better for the other 3 quarters. Turnover central tonight

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Guess ball movement didn't help them win in the end

Though really no reason Grizzlies should lose to a team like the Bulls who have no consistency from quarter to quarter and shot 37% for the game

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah. They played a good 3rd though. Just needed to play better for the other 3 quarters. Turnover central tonight
Was a good 3rd. I was impressed.. They only had 2 turnovers in the 3rd.. they had 16 the other three quarters.

But they also shot poorly overall.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guess ball movement didn't help them win in the end

Though really no reason Grizzlies should lose to a team like the Bulls who have no consistency from quarter to quarter and shot 37% for the game
24 assists on 32 made FG's.. Cool assist to FGM ratio.. but it lead to 89 points in a 15 point loss.

24 assists is their average per game this season.

Granted if they make more than 5 FG's in the 4th, they probably have more assists, but they didn't.

As you said they also shot only 37% in this game.. 20% from 3.

Almost like they could have used someones 26 ppg.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
24 assists on 32 made FG's.. Cool assist to FGM ratio.. but it lead to 89 points in a 15 point loss.

24 assists is their average per game this season.

Granted if they make more than 5 FG's in the 4th, they probably have more assists, but they didn't.

As you said they also shot only 37% in this game.. 20% from 3.

Almost like they could have used someones 26 ppg.
Could've used some iso ball in the 4th because once they decided to ignore Vuc down the stretch it was chaos offensively.

Probably still lose with DeMar but in a different way if I had to guess

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could've used some iso ball in the 4th because once they decided to ignore Vuc down the stretch it was chaos offensively.

Probably still lose with DeMar but in a different way if I had to guess
Oh yeah I'd still chalk up the loss to them.

If DeMar weren't sinking everything in the 4th, I don't see how they win.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

They missed a lot of shots, yes. However, they were still moving the ball around as evidenced by the assists to fg ratio

And yes, when you take the best shooter inside the 3 point line off the team, there will be struggles shooting the ball as the roster doesn’t have much shooting outside of demar and ZL

Like you can make the correct play and pass, but if the guy shooting doesn’t hit the shot it doesn’t show up in the box score

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
AK: We don't take a lot of 3s but we make them when we do take them

Bulls a few hours later: 5/26 from 3

I'm about to turn this forum into a Grizzlies forum instead. There is nothing to hope for from this team for the next decade if our FO is this delusional or being forced to tell straight up lies.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
AK: We don't take a lot of 3s but we make them when we do take them

Bulls a few hours later: 5/26 from 3

I'm about to turn this forum into a Grizzlies forum instead. There is nothing to hope for from this team for the next decade if our FO is this delusional or being forced to tell straight up lies.

I admit, I tried and did buy into the AKME euphoria…but before that, I always insisted that nothing will change as long as the Reinsdorfs own the team…and now I’m snapped back into reality.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls looking like hot garbage against the magic at the half

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls actually have a winning record when lavine is their leading scorer, for whatever that’s worth (10-9)

Just 11-18 when demar is the leading scorer

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls actually have a winning record when lavine is their leading scorer, for whatever that’s worth (10-9)

Just 11-18 when demar is the leading scorer
I'm not going to take much stock in that stat mostly because the Bulls are just bad

As I type this it has been about 2.75 quarters worth of game time and the Bulls have not hit a single 3. That's the kind of team this is.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm not going to take much stock in that stat mostly because the Bulls are just bad

As I type this it has been about 2.75 quarters worth of game time and the Bulls have not hit a single 3. That's the kind of team this is.
Oh, I get it. And I don’t put a ton of stock into it either

That said, the bulls definitely do seem to win at a higher rate when someone not named demar is the big scorer for the night

Now, of course demar most of those games is the #2 scorer so it’s not like he is a total non factor in those games. He just isn’t the focal point that game due to someone else shooting well

Bulls dropped to 10-10 in games where it’s Lavine last night

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pretty empty stat if you ask me. Either way, Bulls lose to the Magic at home and have now dropped 4 in a row lol. This team is always good for a laugh at the very least

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only thing that will make the team make changes is for the fan base to turn on the franchise like they did at the end of the GarPax era. Til then, enjoy the extraordinarily slightly below mediocre play

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The only thing that will make the team make changes is for the fan base to turn on the franchise like they did at the end of the GarPax era. Til then, enjoy the extraordinarily slightly below mediocre play

It’s strange because people are showing up to the games but I don’t know a single person in real life who actually watches the games or cares about this team whatsoever. My life long Bulls friends all hate this team and give me shit for wasting any time on them. Random people I meet or talk to at the bars couldn’t care less and are completely uninterested. The most invested person I know is my 10 year old nephew. I can’t remember the last time the city has been this checked out. Probably going back to the post Jordan baby bulls teams.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s strange because people are showing up to the games but I don’t know a single person in real life who actually watches the games or cares about this team whatsoever. My life long Bulls friends all hate this team and give me shit for wasting any time on them. Random people I meet or talk to at the bars couldn’t care less and are completely uninterested. The most invested person I know is my 10 year old nephew. I can’t remember the last time the city has been this checked out. Probably going back to the post Jordan baby bulls teams.
People go to the games because it's entertainment beyond just basketball. It's an experience. Many tickets are also given away.

If I'm offered free tickets for decent seats or better, I'd go too.

Someone at some point paid for those tickets though.