2022-2023 Bulls IGT Megathread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch the game so naturally everything I say is probably invalid, buuuuut

Would like to Drummond playing more than 16 minutes in a game where you're in dire need of size and rebounding. Idk what was up with Vuc tonight with the low rebounding numbers, but he's historically been pretty bad against Poeltl so I'll just attribute it to that. He got his points, but really needed the rebounds that he usually gets. What's the point of Drummond if you're not going to use him in matchups like these?

Raptors are also simply a bad matchup for the Bulls on paper due the massive size difference. Raptors are the biggest team in the league and regularly play 7 PFs or something. Bulls are noted very small team. To that end the rebounding issue isn't entirely surprising.

I'll say Bulls could've withstood that awful rebounding disadvantage if they didn't turn the ball over so much. Demar and Zach had pretty quiet games as well, maybe that was due to the length, maybe that was just due to turnovers, idk. Not gonna win too many games with them putting up that few shots unless other players are going off.
They used Drummond heavily vs SA before Poeltl was traded, yet don't yesterday.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They used Drummond heavily vs SA before Poeltl was traded, yet don't yesterday.
I know it sounds ugly, but against a team with such length you might be able to get away with running Vuc and Drummond together for a short stint, especially as Vuc was hot from 3 for once. Might be a defensive disaster still though, as Raptors bigs are quick as well (part of how their giant lineup works in the first place). But you at least give yourself a little bit more chance on the boards.

Or if not, it would maybe have been a good game to use PWill a bit more. But as you said, we're not NBA coaches

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Our fourth quarter offense is ridiculous.

Lavine was hot as fuck all game and come winning time Donovan parks him in the corner while DeRozan just pounds the rock.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Tried to blow a 20 point lead.. lucky the other team had a rookie try and call a timeout with none left

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tried so hard to lose but the Pistons said nope, we're the tanking team here and sold. Freaking incredible

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Our fourth quarter offense is ridiculous.

Lavine was hot as fuck all game and come winning time Donovan parks him in the corner while DeRozan just pounds the rock.
This is 100% true and a major issue. It happens just about every game, too

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Every game, no. Definitely happened yesterday though. DeMar has really struggled these past two games. Zach was also quiet against Toronto, but should have been fed in the fourth quarter last night. He was rolling. I agree with his post game comments

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This game is clearly on me, in the minutes of the game I was able to watch (mid-end of 1st, very end of 3rd and all of 4th) the Pistons outscored the Bulls 60-32.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
This game is clearly on me, in the minutes of the game I was able to watch (mid-end of 1st, very end of 3rd and all of 4th) the Pistons outscored the Bulls 60-32.
I’ll fall on the sword for this one. I missed MVPats first two games and the Bulls won. I watched the Toronto game…loss. I caught the last 6 minutes of yesterdays game….almost lost. I’m thinking if I don’t watch another game for the rest of the year the Bulls could finish 8th pretty easily

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Every game, no. Definitely happened yesterday though. DeMar has really struggled these past two games. Zach was also quiet against Toronto, but should have been fed in the fourth quarter last night. He was rolling. I agree with his post game comments
again, reading comprehension fails you

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Doesn’t happen “just about every game” either. But whatevs. A legit dialogue is not something you’re interested in.
Lol, so you’re claiming it’s not common to see Demar try to ball hog it up in the 4th quarter and play hero ball, while ZL is left standing in a corner like he’s just some catch and shoot 3 point guy like Luke Kennard?

I’ll have legit dialogue anytime, but when you start off your response in a rather disingenuous way where you twist words, it doesn’t really aid in that sort of legit dialogue that you claim you clamor for

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Lol, so you’re claiming it’s not common to see Demar try to ball hog it up in the 4th quarter and play hero ball, while ZL is left standing in a corner like he’s just some catch and shoot 3 point guy like Luke Kennard?

I’ll have legit dialogue anytime, but when you start off your response in a rather disingenuous way where you twist words, it doesn’t really aid in that sort of legit dialogue that you claim you clamor for

DeMar is the best closer on the team, consistently gets the best shots and is the most reliable with the ball in crunch time. Does he at times cause the ball to stick? Yes. Is he perfect? No. Just as LaVine is prone to dumb shots or costly turnovers in crunch time. He can also try to do too much.

The two of them still haven’t figured out how to play cohesively together and ride the hot hand. That’s really on both of them and BD as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
DeMar is the best closer on the team, consistently gets the best shots and is the most reliable with the ball in crunch time. Does he at times cause the ball to stick? Yes. Is he perfect? No. Just as LaVine is prone to dumb shots or costly turnovers in crunch time. He can also try to do too much.

The two of them still haven’t figured out how to play cohesively together and ride the hot hand. That’s really on both of them and BD as well.
K so nothing in your post disputes anything I claimed

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The season long stats don't really support this narrative when it comes to shot attempts. Granted they're not measuring how long DeMar is holding the ball and if Zach is simply taking a last second shot or not, but the two of them are pretty on par with shot attempts in the 4th Q.

DeMar is clearly been picked to be the go-to guy and closer on the team though.

1677773500929.png

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The season long stats don't really support this narrative when it comes to shot attempts. Granted they're not measuring how long DeMar is holding the ball and if Zach is simply taking a last second shot or not, but the two of them are pretty on par with shot attempts in the 4th Q.

DeMar is clearly been picked to be the go-to guy and closer on the team though.

View attachment 26700
which is kinda my whole point.

if they kept stats on player steps for example, I imagine you’d see ZL gets fewer steps in the 4th than he does in the other 3 quarters on avg. unfortunately, I don’t think a stat like that exists so we must go off the EYE TEST that everyone loves. And my eyes and apparently other peoples eyes tell them that the bulls approach changes come 4th quarter time

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LaVine had 1 shot attempt in the 4th quarter last night, in a game he shot 14/20 overall for 41 points.

considering most on here like to say ZL takes too many poor shots and forces shots, I’d say the blame for only 1 shot attempt in the 4th quarter would fall at the feet of billy donovan. Of whomst, ZL has basically let it be known he thinks is an idiot, like most on here seem to agree

Enasic

Liked Posts:
LaVine had 1 shot attempt in the 4th quarter last night, in a game he shot 14/20 overall for 41 points.

considering most on here like to say ZL takes too many poor shots and forces shots, I’d say the blame for only 1 shot attempt in the 4th quarter would fall at the feet of billy donovan. Of whomst, ZL has basically let it be known he thinks is an idiot, like most on here seem to agree
You know how I feel about BD already. I also think there are plenty of times Vuc is cooking and they don’t feed him and he doesn’t get up enough shots. The team as a whole still doesn’t know how to play together. That’s a lot on Billy, but also Zach and Demar. Hell, can’t excuse the PGs either. Riding the hot hand should be easy. Years in with this group and they still haven’t figured it out

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You know how I feel about BD already. I also think there are plenty of times Vuc is cooking and they don’t feed him and he doesn’t get up enough shots. The team as a whole still doesn’t know how to play together. That’s a lot on Billy, but also Zach and Demar. Hell, can’t excuse the PGs either. Riding the hot hand should be easy. Years in with this group and they still haven’t figured it out
Totally agree about getting the ball to the proper guys in the proper spots.

I know I say it a lot, but IMO that’s one of the big reasons they miss Lonzo, along with his defense and 3 point shooting.

The rest of the PG play has been so poor in that area in particular that a guy off the streets in Pat Bev has been an upgrade in that area. His 10 assists and 10 boards last night were huge

BD we certainly agree on being part of the problem too

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Totally agree about getting the ball to the proper guys in the proper spots.

I know I say it a lot, but IMO that’s one of the big reasons they miss Lonzo, along with his defense and 3 point shooting.

The rest of the PG play has been so poor in that area in particular that a guy off the streets in Pat Bev has been an upgrade in that area. His 10 assists and 10 boards last night were huge

BD we certainly agree on being part of the problem too

There’s no doubt the Bulls miss Lonzo. I’d argue they miss his 3 PT shooting and spacing more than anything. Not sure how much of a difference he’d make overall, but they’d definitely be better. If I were to guess…..probably 5th-8th seed with him.

I still can’t believe they extended BD. Maybe he has some dirt on AKME. Nothing else makes sense.