2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The casual fan's worst nightmare of an NBA Finals!

It's too bad for them, those who appreciate basketball can appreciate what these two teams do well.

Still an uphill battle for Miami though, we'll see if Herro comes back and actually gives them anything midway through the series

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not realistic but I hope Miami gets this. Not that reinsdorf cares but want him to see butler become a champion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The casual fan's worst nightmare of an NBA Finals!

It's too bad for them, those who appreciate basketball can appreciate what these two teams do well.

Still an uphill battle for Miami though, we'll see if Herro comes back and actually gives them anything midway through the series
Herro is unlikely to have any real effect.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Herro is unlikely to have any real effect.
You're probably right given how much time he's missed. It'd be pretty nuts if he just came in and started dropping 20ppg again

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Reminded of Jameer Nelson coming back for the finals in 2009.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jimmy was solid and all, but Caleb Martin was the reason the heat were able to win. He gave them that reliable #2 scoring option that Bam was supposed to be

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy was solid and all, but Caleb Martin was the reason the heat were able to win. He gave them that reliable #2 scoring option that Bam was supposed to be
I know Bam is a good defender and all but it was really painful to watch him offensively this series. Makes you appreciate Vuc's offensive ability a bit more as Bam really couldn't buy a bucket

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey that's Caleb "Kobe" Martin.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know Bam is a good defender and all but it was really painful to watch him offensively this series. Makes you appreciate Vuc's offensive ability a bit more as Bam really couldn't buy a bucket
While true, Bam’s team is going to the finals for the 2nd time in 4 years, while Vuc I don’t believe has ever been on a team that got past the first round.

Obviously, there’s a lot of factors in that, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to imagine Bam still impacts winning basketball games more than Vuc does

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While true, Bam’s team is going to the finals for the 2nd time in 4 years, while Vuc I don’t believe has ever been on a team that got past the first round.

Obviously, there’s a lot of factors in that, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to imagine Bam still impacts winning basketball games more than Vuc does
I mean sure, but that wasn't really my point at all

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean sure, but that wasn't really my point at all
Okay? You compared Vuc to Bam and said you can appreciate Vuc’s offensive ability more due to it.

Your point was it makes you appreciate his offense more than you had.

I don’t find it a stretch to take your comment and comment on their overall impacts

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay? You compared Vuc to Bam and said you can appreciate Vuc’s offensive ability more due to it.

Your point was it makes you appreciate his offense more than you had.

I don’t find it a stretch to take your comment and comment on their overall impacts
I mean yes, if that is your own point then no issue. If you're saying that I was saying something about Vuc being more impactful than Bam, that is where I'd disagree.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean yes, if that is your own point then no issue. If you're saying that I was saying something about Vuc being more impactful than Bam, that is where I'd disagree.
Twasn’t

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
First game went kind as expected to me. Denver length gave Miami fits. We will see how Miami adjusts. Its going to be hard to take one in Denver. The Nuggets have been firing on all cylinders at home.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First game went kind as expected to me. Denver length gave Miami fits. We will see how Miami adjusts. Its going to be hard to take one in Denver. The Nuggets have been firing on all cylinders at home.

The one thing Denver needs to be worried about is how many open shots Miami missed.. That, and shooting only 2 free throws, won't continue for Miami.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one thing Denver needs to be worried about is how many open shots Miami missed.. That, and shooting only 2 free throws, won't continue for Miami.
That's sort of been the thing for Miami all season though, will their shooters actually make shots? Strus and Martin were like 1-17 last night, which probably shouldn't continue, but it's not unheard of that they go cold for a couple games.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's sort of been the thing for Miami all season though, will their shooters actually make shots? Strus and Martin were like 1-17 last night, which probably shouldn't continue, but it's not unheard of that they go cold for a couple games.
I agree here. Denver length still bothered them and until really the first round of the playoffs. Miami's shooter did nothing so there has to be a variance. Big stage. Miami wont roll over but they going to have to figure out to counteract the length.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, but odds of Bam playing as good of a game again this series is pretty slim too. Things have a way of balancing out over time.

Denver is just the far superior team and aren’t full of mental midgets like the Celtics are

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I generally don't complain too much about refs because there are always blown calls that go both ways every game.... BUT... I feel like the Nuggets really got screwed yesterday.

In the 3rd Q, Butler stepped out of bounds on a pass to Vincent, which wound up being a 3.

early in the 4th, there was that one offensive foul on Jokic where Vincent fell down... I don't think Vincent tried flopping, it just looked like he tripped or something, and it was called on Jokic. In a span of 1 minute, the Nuggets had like 4 fouls called on them, with this one being the one that seemed to get Denver really frustrated. When Miami was making a run, this one, I think, prevented Denver from stopping it.

Late in the 4th, that was an obvious goaltending by Bam on the Murray floater.

Those 3 calls, imo, really helped propel Miami in winning the game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nuggets also benefited from some calls

I think the heat just played better and didn’t flinch. They were locked in more than the nuggets