2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
so what do posters want to see from the bulls now?
are people wanting the bulls to tank so they can keep their pick if its top 4? at least have a shot at wembanyama?
give pwill, terry and ayo more time on the floor to develop.
donovan was secretly extended so lavine is prob traded, good riddance anyway, vuce walks or is part of sign and trade.
if bulls are stupid and this is prob the more likely scenario, they narrowly miss the playoffs and dont get their draft pick and AKME does virtually nothing and bulls are stuck in mediocrity again...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
so what do posters want to see from the bulls now?
are people wanting the bulls to tank so they can keep their pick if its top 4? at least have a shot at wembanyama?
give pwill, terry and ayo more time on the floor to develop.
donovan was secretly extended so lavine is prob traded, good riddance anyway, vuce walks or is part of sign and trade.
if bulls are stupid and this is prob the more likely scenario, they narrowly miss the playoffs and dont get their draft pick and AKME does virtually nothing and bulls are stuck in mediocrity again...

I would have liked them to blow it up before the deadline and give the young guys some burn. Since that didn’t happen, they’re not going to purposefully try to tank. That said, the team is so dysfunctional they likely don’t need to try to tank, they’re that bad on their own.

However, they probably still give up their pick to Orlando. The roster construction, even down to the BD hire/extension has been terrible. Assuming the Magic end up with another top 5-10 pick, the Vuc trade will go down as one of the worst trades in Bulls history if it’s not already.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Westbrook going to the clippers.. there really is no reason to even pay attention the rest of the year..
I was looking forward to that juicy juicy drama

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I would have liked them to blow it up before the deadline and give the young guys some burn. Since that didn’t happen, they’re not going to purposefully try to tank. That said, the team is so dysfunctional they likely don’t need to try to tank, they’re that bad on their own.

However, they probably still give up their pick to Orlando. The roster construction, even down to the BD hire/extension has been terrible. Assuming the Magic end up with another top 5-10 pick, the Vuc trade will go down as one of the worst trades in Bulls history if it’s not already.
well thats why i'm saying if they play bad enough they may keep their pick if its top 4...they can likely accomplish this by playing the rookies but like you said i doubt that happens because they are just dumb...and seemingly can get back being good? by running this iso crap with derozan and lavine all the time.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
well thats why i'm saying if they play bad enough they may keep their pick if its top 4...they can likely accomplish this by playing the rookies but like you said i doubt that happens because they are just dumb...and seemingly can get back being good? by running this iso crap with derozan and lavine all the time.

I’m not exact on the percent, but even if the Bulls bomb the rest of the way, their odds of getting the pick are extremely low. I want to say less than 5% but I could be off. Either way, it’s highly unlikely the Bulls will get the pick no matter what they do from here on out.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I’m not exact on the percent, but even if the Bulls bomb the rest of the way, their odds of getting the pick are extremely low. I want to say less than 5% but I could be off. Either way, it’s highly unlikely the Bulls will get the pick no matter what they do from here on out.
theres 23 games left in the season, as it stands right now the bulls have are 7th worst in standings... 32% chance of being in the top 4. the magic and pacers are right around their record so it can go from 32% to 42% if they continue to lose and the pacers and magic string some wins together. 42% chance to be in the top 4 is pretty good considering the talent this team actually has and also pretty sad. Being at 42% gives the bulls a ~10% shot at the number 1 pick...

Enasic

Liked Posts:
theres 23 games left in the season, as it stands right now the bulls have are 7th worst in standings... 32% chance of being in the top 4. the magic and pacers are right around their record so it can go from 32% to 42% if they continue to lose and the pacers and magic string some wins together. 42% chance to be in the top 4 is pretty good considering the talent this team actually has and also pretty sad. Being at 42% gives the bulls a ~10% shot at the number 1 pick...
That’s much higher than I thought. Wow the Bulls are dumber than I even imagined for not blowing it up

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s much higher than I thought. Wow the Bulls are dumber than I even imagined for not blowing it up
Or maybe they knew this team would be bad enough to find its way into the top 4 chances anyway lol

Technically speaking, even if they had completely blown it up and were in the bottom 4 teams in the league currently, that's only a 6% increase for landing top 4 pick (48% per tankathon for 4th worst record). I am assuming there's no possible way Bulls could land bottom 3 for that 52% chance at top 4 pick.

At this stage I think the best possible outcome for the Bulls is actually landing #2 to draft Scoot Henderson. Draft lottery history rarely has the actual worst team in the league getting the #1 pick so the chance the Bulls move up in the draft is better than it seems.

Of course this really just has the makings of a set up for Orlando to win #1 and #5 picks, completing the Murphy's law fleece.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Or maybe they knew this team would be bad enough to find its way into the top 4 chances anyway lol

Technically speaking, even if they had completely blown it up and were in the bottom 4 teams in the league currently, that's only a 6% increase for landing top 4 pick (48% per tankathon for 4th worst record). I am assuming there's no possible way Bulls could land bottom 3 for that 52% chance at top 4 pick.

At this stage I think the best possible outcome for the Bulls is actually landing #2 to draft Scoot Henderson. Draft lottery history rarely has the actual worst team in the league getting the #1 pick so the chance the Bulls move up in the draft is better than it seems.

Of course this really just has the makings of a set up for Orlando to win #1 and #5 picks, completing the Murphy's law fleece.

Beast of a fleece by the Magic. Kudos to them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kings defeated Clippers 176-175 in doubt OT.

Edit: double OT

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kings defeated Clippers 176-175 in doubt OT.
Such a close game, I can understand why the result was in doubt!

Those Kings doe, they are legit. And Fox is making everyone forget about Halliburton being traded

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Such a close game, I can understand why the result was in doubt!

Those Kings doe, they are legit. And Fox is making everyone forget about Halliburton being traded
Damn autocorrect.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dame got 71 and didn't require OT.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This begs the question - What would Jordan’s career high be if he played today?
Meh, nothing crazy. Jordan game would have to change to 3's. Dame hit 13 of them. Thats 13 extra points.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, nothing crazy. Jordan game would have to change to 3's. Dame hit 13 of them. Thats 13 extra points.
That's part of the difficulty in comparing eras, who knows how good MJ would be shooting 3s in this era if he had trained under the same contexts as current players. In reality he was a 33% shooter, nothing special, but on pretty low volume as 3s were not what they are now obviously. For what it's worth the few seasons he had some higher 3pt volume his percentage actually increased (averaged 36% in the 90s, 37.5% post 1st retirement). MJ's best game from 3 he went 7-12

We know MJ was a master of getting foul calls so he could've gone the Donovan Mitchell method and shot 25+ FTs instead. Though Donovan also hit 7 3s of his own in his 71 point game.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's part of the difficulty in comparing eras, who knows how good MJ would be shooting 3s in this era if he had trained under the same contexts as current players. In reality he was a 33% shooter, nothing special, but on pretty low volume as 3s were not what they are now obviously. For what it's worth the few seasons he had some higher 3pt volume his percentage actually increased (averaged 36% in the 90s, 37.5% post 1st retirement). MJ's best game from 3 he went 7-12

We know MJ was a master of getting foul calls so he could've gone the Donovan Mitchell method and shot 25+ FTs instead. Though Donovan also hit 7 3s of his own in his 71 point game.
If Jordan were playing in this era, he would have mastered the three.