2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's really his comments to the media that led to his suspension (probably adding on top of everything prior to that)..

And no, I don't think he actually hates anyone. He does believe plenty of far out there stuff, but the thing is he posts it, even if he didn't create it, he's sharing it and basically telling everyone "this is what I believe and I'm going to share it with you as a means of influence"...because that's what social media is.

If my job found out I posted a hate documentary online, I'd be fired.

Kyrie doesn't need to be sorry for what he says or believes, but they are consequences to actions. Always have been.

Kanye, probably.

I agree that we both would likely be fired if we did the same. Millionaire athletes can get away with murder though…literally.

I haven’t seen the documentary. Is it really a “hate” documentary though? From what I read (which is minimal), I didn’t see anything blatantly hateful….it’s just not rooted in facts from best I can tell.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree that we both would likely be fired if we did the same. Millionaire athletes can get away with murder though…literally.

I haven’t seen the documentary. Is it really a “hate” documentary though? From what I read (which is minimal), I didn’t see anything blatantly hateful….it’s just not rooted in facts from best I can tell.
Well it seems to have plenty of antisemitic tropes. I haven't seen the documentary (more like film as it's not really a documentary), nor am I going to, so I just have to rely on what various press reports have told me.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well it seems to have plenty of antisemitic tropes. I haven't seen the documentary (more like film as it's not really a documentary), nor am I going to, so I just have to rely on what various press reports have told me.
Which I hate to rely on but I’m not going to watch the film either. Like you said, there’s consequences especially in today’s climate. Kyrie should be smart enough to realize that if there’s even the slightest hint of controversial ideas/beliefs in the content he linked, it’s not going to end well. People love to be outraged and will demand action even if he’s not a hateful/discriminatory person. That part is secondary to the optics

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Enasic

Liked Posts:
All I know is I’m glad it was the Wolves who gave up that ridiculous package and paid him 35+ mil and that the Bulls have Drummond for 3 mil. Def don’t think Rudy is soft though

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is I’m glad it was the Wolves who gave up that ridiculous package and paid him 35+ mil and that the Bulls have Drummond for 3 mil. Def don’t think Rudy is soft though
He is and he is absolutely useless besides his length. The guy cant run a pick and roll to save his life and his defensive is literally I can block a shot. He gets bullied by smaller guys.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He is and he is absolutely useless besides his length. The guy cant run a pick and roll to save his life and his defensive is literally I can block a shot. He gets bullied by smaller guys.

Drummond will give the Bulls similar impact and production while playing like 15 less mins a game and making less than 30 mil per year. I’ll take that all day

I like Gobert too…just cannot believe that contract and the package given up to get him. TWolves aren’t known for being smart though.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drummond will give the Bulls similar impact and production while playing like 15 less mins a game and making less than 30 mil per year. I’ll take that all day

I like Gobert too…just cannot believe that contract and the package given up to get him. TWolves aren’t known for being smart though.
Oh yea, I thought the smart move was trade KAT and build around Edwards. They are going to regret that signing especially being small market

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ja Morant switches hands on acrobatic midair adjustment

Last edited by a moderator:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This Pels-Grizz game is must watch

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@SilenceS I thought Zion was going to play last night against the Celtics? What happened?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
@SilenceS I thought Zion was going to play last night against the Celtics? What happened?
Umm you do realize this wasn’t the first game Zion missed due to this “non injured” bruised foot. It ain’t just a rest day
He missed Memphis and last night and was day to day. He is coming back for Boston or GS game. Its a bruised foot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He missed Memphis and last night and was day to day. He is coming back for Boston or GS game. Its a bruised foot.
So he’s a lock to be back for GS then?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he’s a lock to be back for GS then?

What is Zion Williamson's injury?​

Williamson has been listed as out on recent injury reports with a right foot contusion. Before a Nov. 18 game against the Celtics, Pelicans coach Willie Green told reporters that imaging on Williamson's foot came back clean.

"It's a bruise, so he's just not well enough, or it's not feeling good enough for him to go out and play tonight," Green said.

How long will Zion Williamson be out?​

Green didn't offer a firm timeline, only saying that Williamson is considered "day-to-day" moving forward. He has missed a total of five games this season because of hip, knee and foot injuries.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pelicans seem to have a foot contusion problem.
Trey needs to work on his upper half so he has more weight to stabilize his lower half. 80% sure thats how it works

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@SilenceS

How bout those pelicans?? I thought they were better than the Grizz? Getting beat down by 30+ and Bane isn’t even playing for Memphis

Welcome to the dark!